NBA Offseason Thread

Actually it can also have the opposite effect. They all can't shoot the same ball. The Celtics had much better complimentary players than these 3. Don't get me wrong, they could probably win 40 playing 3 on 5, but I don't see 70 wins in an 82 game season without depth. That is what gets you to that level. You need the role players. There is no way they will be able to bring in anyone of value to fill those roles.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
Oh bulls***.

Winshares Sminshares.

The problem with statistics like that is they have no ability to measure the cumulative effect of the three playing together. They are also going to make the other guys around them several times better.

Barring injury, that team will win 65 games pretty easily.

If those old farts on the Celtics can do it, I'm pretty certain these guys can do it much, much better.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
He can say whatever he wants to people privately, but that letter was pretty classless.

You have to be the bigger person, especially when you give millions of dollars to kids in their twenties. You have to expect this sort of behavior from them.

The classlessness in that letter doesn't even come near what Lebron did to that city on national tv, he shouldn't have made it a big spectacle if he was leaving.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
Sullinger is going to be a monster in college but it will be interesting to see how his game translates to the NBA. Good not great athlete who is doesn't have great height for an NBA PF.

I really wish Stern would have stopped dumping money into the WNBA years ago and set up a legit NBDL many years ago and we can stop with this one and done nonsense

What Lebron did was classless.

Most professionals give their employer notice. They dont parade around on tv and then leave them.

He could have left as a free agent with class, but he didnt choose that route. He chose to take this all to another level, a level that goes beyond what anyone in a "profession" would ever consider.

So I think Gilbert was right on the money.

It was Lebron's world, but now hes beholden to Miami and Gilbert doesnt have to bite his tongue or worry about what Lebron thinks, because who cares? Who cares if Lebron doesnt like Gilbert, how will that ever hurt him? Maybe in 6 years Lebron would have come back?

Gilbert is not a guy used to failing, hes acting exactly how I expected Lebron to act. You dont run from a challenge, you break it down.

Not everyone can be the best, but thats what the best do.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
Actually it can also have the opposite effect. They all can't shoot the same ball. The Celtics had much better complimentary players than these 3. Don't get me wrong, they could probably win 40 playing 3 on 5, but I don't see 70 wins in an 82 game season without depth. That is what gets you to that level. You need the role players. There is no way they will be able to bring in anyone of value to fill those roles.

Just watch. They'll be 7-8 deep soon enough with role players.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
wow, not only did he lose his franchise tonight, but he lost his dignity

well, like it or not he is going to get a lot of "meatball" support from it and they make up a good portion of the sports watching public.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
All things said, I love how this is blowing up in LeBron's face. Tons of articles in the media bashing him already.

couldn't agree more....this is turning into a PR disaster for him...looks like he should actually hire some guys who know what hes doing instead of his posse

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:44 AM)
You know what's really exciting about this Gibert thing? Things are going to start leaking like a motherf***er from over there. I expect confirmation of the West-Gloria James thing in a week.

About 90 minutes ago, I said I'd love to see a tell-all from a pissed off Cleveland org member

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
You know what's really exciting about this Gibert thing? Things are going to start leaking like a motherf***er from over there. I expect confirmation of the West-Gloria James thing in a week.

You know, I think you're 100% right. They have been doing everything possible to keep him happy and make him stay, and I think it's gone the whole way through the city because he's been instrumental in starting to revive their downtown.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
Thanks, I just ask because during the DePaul thing B & B said he had a chance to be a top 5 pick if the one and done rule didn't exist, but have no idea if that was valid or not

He's probably the highest upside player in the draft, one of those big men with amazing length and athleticism but doesn't seem to have put it together yet. He could go #1 if he dominates at Baylor next year or fall like a rock if he does what BJ Mullens and DeAndre Jordan did.