NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
Considering there were a ton of people who thought his ego was too big to go to Miami maybe LeBron isn't who we thought he was.

Exactly. We thought he was this cocky egomaniac all along. Turns out, he's an insecure coward.

Hes just a 25 year old kid who just doesnt understand exactly what this decision is going to do for his image or his life. He was loyal to his friends but I doubt he had any real advisor who was telling him how this might all go down and public perception.

I forget how young he is. I think he just was frustrated and got swept up in Wade's pitch. I think in the future he may have made a difference decision.

Annnnd it begins! Radio.

"Let me put this is your responce... you went from a 18 year old kid to a 25 year old WOman, then you say you like a challenge but join 2 superstars?! Gimme a f***ing break, you lost your cahonas tonight and you know it LeBrenda no disrespect to the woman out there."

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:44 AM)
We need a SG. . . somebody call MJ. Only play home games until the playoffs. No Cigars, No cuban women, no motorcylce racing. MJ can do it.

He and Bill Russell are in talks with the Heat.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:44 AM)
We need a SG. . . somebody call MJ.

We need 2.. :lol:

Give me a Morrow/Redick/Korver/maybe Mason type sniper and a Brewer type defender and I'll be happy. Looks like Deng, Johnson, etc.. are safe from trades. (and Deng better be a 3rd option, not a 2nd Thibs)

Rose

-------

Deng

Boozer

Noah

Gibson

Johnson

--------

Law? or --------

Asik

Not bad. Possible top 3-4 team in the East.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:50 AM)
We need 2.. :lol:

Give me a Morrow/Redick/Korver/maybe Mason type sniper and a Brewer type defender and I'll be happy. Looks like Deng, Johnson, etc.. are safe from trades. (and Deng better be a 3rd option, not a 2nd Thibs)

Rose

-------

Deng

Boozer

Noah

Gibson

Johnson

--------

Law? or --------

Asik

Not bad. Possible top 3-4 team in the East.

Its a good team probably the 4th or 5th best in the East after Miami, Orlando and Boston and on the same tier as Atlanta. It just is really disappointing after all the talk about possibly landing Lebron, Wade and Bosh to not have a team capable of winning a championship.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
Hes just a 25 year old kid who just doesnt understand exactly what this decision is going to do for his image or his life. He was loyal to his friends but I doubt he had any real advisor who was telling him how this might all go down and public perception.

I forget how young he is. I think he just was frustrated and got swept up in Wade's pitch. I think in the future he may have made a difference decision.

It's certainly possible you are right here. This is why you need to surround yourself with good people though, and it apperas he hasn't. His image, both as a person and basketball player, is irreperably and eternally damaged, and he can NEVER go back to Cleveland or Akron. Ever. I'm not sure he realized such consequences awaited a decision like this, even though he should have.

If Andre Iguodala is on the trade block, do you guys think he will fit with the Bulls? AI2 is owed about 56 mil for 4 years and now Philly has Turner.

Hope other NBA teams win all the championships while the Miami threesome are enjoying each other.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:11 AM)
I can respect all the Bulls enthusiasm. But I just can't get excited knowing that ultimately there's a team in our conference that will be as close to unbeatable as any team in the modern era.

They won't be unbeatable. At least for this year, I have hope. Come playoff time, Bosh, Wade and James will have a s***load of wear on them because of the heavy minutes they will have to play during the regular season. Their roster is going to be pretty sucky outside of them.

By the way, I love Noah's reaction to the news of LBJ going to Miami. Joakim is the antithesis of LeBron -- he digs in with his guys and f***ing battles. I love that.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:22 AM)
They won't be unbeatable. At least for this year, I have hope. Come playoff time, Bosh, Wade and James will have a s***load of wear on them because of the heavy minutes they will have to play during the regular season. Their roster is going to be pretty sucky outside of them.

By the way, I love Noah's reaction to the news of LBJ going to Miami. Joakim is the antithesis of LeBron -- he digs in with his guys and f***ing battles. I love that.

Noah is my favorite player in the NBA and I hope he wipes the floor with whatever center Miami runs out there.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)

I hope he is named captain for that locker room. No disrespect to Kirk (can't believe I'm saying that since I hate the guy's game) but Noah is a much better leader for this team.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
I can respect all the Bulls enthusiasm. But I just can't get excited knowing that ultimately there's a team in our conference that will be as close to unbeatable as any team in the modern era.

I still think the Lakers can and will beat them with their depth, but if they sign Shaq along with other serviceable NBA players at the MLE... ya... they are scary to pair with LeBron-Wade-Bosh and even the sniper Miller.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:24 AM)
Noah is my favorite player in the NBA and I hope he wipes the floor with whatever center Miami runs out there.

I f***ing love the guy.

After all this s***, I have chosen to be optimistic about the Bulls. There is nothing to keep Noah and Rose from developing and getting even better. If we can pull a deal for another legit piece like Iguodala, we will be very good.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:22 AM)

Well Shaq is a lock to join and it looks like they're gonna sign Mike Miller. At this point, it's safe to assume Miami's got all their I's dotted and T's crossed.

Some tidbits:

The WAS/CHI deal is official. Hinrich and rights to Seraphin for the rights to Vladimir Veremeenko.

I was at the Berto Center today. Noah seemed very confident and definitely cemented himself as one of my favorite players of all time. He said he loved the team right now and was excited to play with Boozer. He said the Bulls have some nice pieces and they're going to fight.

He also sarcastically said that he was flattered that Lebron mentioned him in the special and that it made his day. Also joked that the Bulls front office was crying after the decision. He's really a great interview.

Meyers and Adams left the Berto without commenting.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:27 AM)
Well Shaq is a lock to join and it looks like they're gonna sign Mike Miller. At this point, it's safe to assume Miami's got all their I's dotted and T's crossed.

J4L, do Mike Miller, an old fatass Shaq and 7 minimum salary guys scare you?