NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
I don't give a damn about advanced statistics in this case. If there's 10 seconds left in the game and I need a basket to win, I'm givin' the rock to Kobe 10 times outta 10 over Lebron. Anybody who says otherwise needs to quit watching basketball and take up Lacrosse as a hobby or something.

By saying he doesnt want the pressure of scoring 30 points a game, he agrees with you. He doesnt want the ball.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
Then the owners b**** and b**** about how the players make too much money and will threaten to lockout next year. That is all after they give Tyrus $40 mil, Brendan Haywood $55 mil, Travis Outlaw $35 mil, etc., etc.

The reality is...if a team doesn't spend that kind of money on 2nd/3rd order guys, then they wind up in the boat the Grizzlies were in...looking cheap. We see these contracts go out every year, and then they bust, and then again the same contracts...because that's the only way to tread water in the league.

Especially now that teams are just playing for a playoff spot, the owners are going to seriously break the union hard next year.

I don't give a damn about advanced statistics in this case. If there's 10 seconds left in the game and I need a basket to win, I'm givin' the rock to Kobe 10 times outta 10 over Lebron. Anybody who says otherwise needs to quit watching basketball and take up Lacrosse as a hobby or something.

It helps that after he bricks it Gasol and Artest are there to put it back in. :lol:

This.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Even if he isn't a complete player, he is an elite-level shooter. The Bulls have enough players with multiple mediocre skills. If you look at what the Bulls can do at an above average level, right now they have Rose's ability to penetrate at an elite level and Deng/Noah's above average rebounding. If they want to put together something excellent they need a stone-cold shooter like Morrow. If Thibs is a decent coach he should be able to hide whatever Morrow's game lacks in other phases.

I've read about 20 pages of this and i think this is the best post of em all or at least the one i agree with the most. and you cant forget about the above average rebounding of Boozer now too, along with Taj comin off the bench were gonna have 4 of the top 50 rebounders in the NBA last year Boozer 6th, Noah 7th, Gibson 44th, and Deng 46th. Only Portland (2,30,34,35) can say the same but 2 of those guys cant stay healthy plus offensively Noah>Camby,Prizzy and at this point about equal to Oden, Boozer>Aldridge. With a D minded coach in Thibs the bulls are gonna be tough to score against. If you add Morrow or Korver to stretch the defense this team is gonna be at least a 3 sead in the east and is going to do some damage in the playoffs

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
Well, I think J4L was talking pre missing a finger/worst game 7 imaginable Kobe.

His finger will never be the same again.. though I'm sure he'll do that anytime to win a title which he did.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
It helps that after he bricks it Gasol and Artest are there to put it back in. :lol:

At least he took the shot rather than kicking it out to Mo Williams/Jamario Moon for a 3 pointer.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
Well, I think J4L was talking pre missing a finger/worst game 7 imaginable Kobe.

It is incredibly difficult for me to remember any game winners or Jordanesque moments Kobe has had during any of the Lakers championship runs. It was always a role player like Horry, Fisher, Artest, etc. that made the big shot. Sure the Bulls had Kerr and Paxson but Jordan hit tons of game winners during the playoffs.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
It is incredibly difficult for me to remember any game winners or Jordanesque moments Kobe has had during any of the Lakers championship runs. It was always a role player like Horry, Fisher, Artest, etc. that made the big shot. Sure the Bulls had Kerr and Paxson but Jordan hit tons of game winners during the playoffs.

I was talking Kobe/Lebron. Kobe puts the fear of god into my ass whenever he shoots a game-winner. I don't get anywhere near the same feeling when Lebron takes a game-winner.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
I was talking Kobe/Lebron. Kobe puts the fear of god into my ass whenever he shoots a game-winner. I don't get anywhere near the same feeling when Lebron takes a game-winner.

Yet time and time again Kobe comes up empty in those spots in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)

Personally, I love it whenever a team plays for an isolation/single shot on the last play of a game; I would much rather see a team start moving the ball with 8 seconds left and try to run a serious offense. Isolation plays are too predictable. I defended Lebron dumping the ball off to Williams for that open shot, for example.

The worst example I ever saw of this was the Bulls with Gordon. Gordon isn't good at creating his own shot, but VDN and others insisted that was their only option; he had to go 1 on however-many-defended-him.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
Yet time and time again Kobe comes up empty in those spots in the playoffs.

Not really. Kobe hasn't had as many as Jordan or Bird, but he's had plenty of defining clutch moments. Off the top of my head there was Game 2 against the Suns and Game 4 against the Pacers in 2000. I remember a game-winner against the Spurs in 2002. The one against the Suns a few years ago. And clutch isn't just hitting the last shot. Kobe's had countless 4th quarter explosions that either brought the Lakers back or held off a furious rally by the opposing team. Either way, give me Kobe over Lebron in the last two minutes of ANY game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
The worst example I ever saw of this was the Bulls with Gordon. Gordon isn't good at creating his own shot, but VDN and others insisted that was their only option; he had to go 1 on however-many-defended-him.

Vinny "play calling" BG was the worst ending to games of all-time, and I swear it happened like 15 times.