NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
I actually thought Matt Barnes would have been a better target for the Bulls than Korver if they were after a 3, he would have brought a little more toughness at least.

Not even close to the shooter that Korver is. I'm thinking the Bulls wanted an absolute sniper and then look for a defensive minded 2, to round out the lineup.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
I actually thought Matt Barnes would have been a better target for the Bulls than Korver if they were after a 3, he would have brought a little more toughness at least.

I like a combo of Barnes and Korver for the 2/3. . . but I think we still need a combo guard that has some ball-handling skill.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
Love the Korver signing(as Brian said, still hate Crieghton though :P ) as it definitely fills a need, we still need a defensive minded guard badly though.

Just wait until the trailblazers cut Osiris, and we bring him in as our starting SG.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
I just have to wonder how you'd react if 3 years from now it came out that Derrick Rose agreed he was going to do whatever it took to become an UFA in order to sign with the Thunder and team up with Durant to challenge the Heat.

Id be just as furious as if he left the NBA to go into the unicorn business or if Noah walked away in his prime to take up male modeling. In a preemptive strike I would not only veto their attempt to represent their country in the Olympics, I would ban them from twitter, cable tv and playing mafia wars on facebook. Id basically try to cover my bases in every "what if" scenario just in case of the very likely event one of my players became a client of Maverick Carter.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
I just caught a glimpse of the "three kings" being introduced in Miami on ESPN 2. This whole thing makes me feel like taking a shower.

It's so f***ing sad and disgusting.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Looks like Riley might be doing a sign and trade for LeBron and will be retaining Udonis Haslem as well. Pat Riley must have mafia ties or something.

Gilbert's an idiot then.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
Looks like Riley might be doing a sign and trade for LeBron and will be retaining Udonis Haslem as well. Pat Riley must have mafia ties or something.

If he could get a couple draft picks out of this I wouldn't blame him at all.

On a different subject, I'm not sure what Michael Symon does better after tonight...cooking, or calling in from Vegas to a Cleveland sportstation to rant about Lebron.

greg, I'm not saying you're wrong, but don't you always say that Ozzie can say whatever he wants cause he's made a lot of money in his life?

Yeah the money backs you up. Rich guys like the Cavs' owner and Ozzie can say whatever they want because they are playing with the house's money. What can happen to them? Ozzie doesn't need the job; the Cavs' owner is a rich f*** who can say whatever he wants.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 02:24 AM)
So Derek Fisher is meeting with the Heat now. It is starting to look like they are going to have an easy time filling out their roster with solid players.

I've heard they're going to get Fisher, Ilgauskas, Q. Richardson, Dooling, Raja Bell, Kwame

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
A lot of old garbage, YAY.

Richardson and Fisher can still play. If Bell is recovered from his injury he would be a big addition because he is a very good defender and three point shooter. Big Z is basically done and Kwame sucks though.