NBA Offseason Thread

??? I haven't seen the reports but what the hell would NYK be trading to get CP3 while still keeping amare and gaining chandler.

edit: i could have sworn this was responding to someone?

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
So the Knicks want to replace Amar'e with a 15-16M per year Chandler?

Sounds about right.

Yeah, beyond dumb. I never saw the number from the Knicks, but supposedly the Warriors did/were about to offer 4-60. I guess that's the playoff run inflation for you, I can't imagine he gets anywhere near that if he had played for some 35-win team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
??? I haven't seen the reports but what the hell would NYK be trading to get CP3 while still keeping amare and gaining chandler.

edit: i could have sworn this was responding to someone?

The only scenario I've seen involved Amare going elsewhere. I'm not really sure how that'd work though for two reasons:

1) I can't see the Hornets having much interest in Amare

2) With the new CBA rules, it's financially beneficial to become a free agent rather than sign an extension in season. I don't remember the exact rules, but it's something like you can only sign a 2 year extension right now instead of 4.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
The only scenario I've seen involved Amare going elsewhere. I'm not really sure how that'd work though for two reasons:

1) I can't see the Hornets having much interest in Amare

2) With the new CBA rules, it's financially beneficial to become a free agent rather than sign an extension in season. I don't remember the exact rules, but it's something like you can only sign a 2 year extension right now instead of 4.

No doubt. It's annoying to me that we keep having these pipe dream new york knick plans forced down our throats.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
We weren't in the series, we lost 4-1. Haslem completely stabilized their big problem.

Rose missed a shot at the clock one game. We blew a huge lead another. We had the only true blowout of the series, the others we lost in the last minutes.

We had Rose, Boozer, and Noah on one leg each. Noah and Boozer hadn't developed chemistry yet. Omer Asik had a broken leg. Our sharpshooter went ice cold.

And we were still in it.

On the season, we were 4-4 against the Heat. The only game where everyone was truly "healthy" was Game 1 of the ECF.

Add a legit SG to this team and we are equipped to the take the Heat down.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
Rose missed a shot at the clock one game. We blew a huge lead another. We had the only true blowout of the series, the others we lost in the last minutes.

We had Rose, Boozer, and Noah on one leg each. Noah and Boozer hadn't developed chemistry yet. Omer Asik had a broken leg. Our sharpshooter went ice cold.

And we were still in it.

On the season, we were 4-4 against the Heat. The only game where everyone was truly "healthy" was Game 1 of the ECF.

Add a legit SG to this team and we are equipped to the take the Heat down.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Closing games is a huge difference between winning and losing. It was the difference between us and the pacers, and it was the difference between us and the Heat.

edit: I don't want to come across as uber negative on the bulls. But that series wasn't close. When you lose in 5 games, it wasn't close. I'm optimistic the bulls will be much improved by merely being together another year and being young, however, I don't buy that "we were a few shots shy of beating the heat"

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
Sorry, I don't buy it. Closing games is a huge difference between winning and losing. It was the difference between us and the pacers, and it was the difference between us and the Heat.

edit: I don't want to come across as uber negative on the bulls. But that series wasn't close. When you lose in 5 games, it wasn't close. I'm optimistic the bulls will be much improved by merely being together another year and being young, however, I don't buy that "we were a few shots shy of beating the heat"

Then by that definition you would agree the Mavs were vastly better than the Heat?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
Then by that definition you would agree the Mavs were vastly better than the Heat?

I'm not going to waste time on leading questions. Do i think the heat are vastly superiors to the bulls? No. Do i think the Heat's strengths overpower our strengths? Yes. It'd be easier if the Heat played s***ty defense, but they play great defense, and can put a 6'8 guy on rose that rose can't blow by. Thats a huge asset. And unfortunately, our PF couldn't match their PFs production at all.

Do I wish the heat shot the way on the perimeter against us the way they did against the mavs? yes. But oh well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)

I agree. The individual games themselves were close, but the series, not so much. They did show that they were capable of beating the Heat which was the most important thing for free agent/trade dealings this offseason as well as for the psychy of the team.

Apparently, just because the Bulls lucked into Derrick Rose, it doesn't make them any less the Bulls.

I am lowering my expectations. They'll end up with Jamal Crawford, and it will be a trainwreck.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
@ChrisMannixSI

Chris Mannix

With Tyson Chandler on the verge of signing w/NY, Miami is looking into ways of acquiring Chauncey Billups, league sources tell SI.

This is not the least-bit surprising.

I don't see how they could "acquire" him, their only big salaries/assets are the big 3.