NBA Offseason Thread

The Lakers have been f***ed pretty hard by this. Odom is beyond mad, he might not even want to play there anymore. The Howard deal has to be off if Dwight knows there is no way Paul winds up on the Lakers too.

I mean, can we just bask in the beauty of this? The league and ownership actually stepped in and cockblocked the s*** out of the league's biggest earner.

QUOTE (bulokis @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
What is the supposed trade?

per yahoo! sports:

Under terms of the deal, the Lakers would have sent Gasol to the Rockets. The Hornets would have received Odom, Rockets guards Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic and forward Luis Scola, league sources said.

Houston had also agreed to send a 2012 first-round pick – previously obtained from the Knicks – to New Orleans as part of the package, a source said.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
The fair trade DID happen. He vetoed it, which really was beyond his power.

The NBA is f***ed after this.

I didn't think any trades could be officially completed until the owners ratified the new CBA which, as far as I know, won't happen until tomorrow. How is the NBA f***ed? Because fans in LA will be pissed?

ETA: I see now the owners have ratified. Still, we have no idea how "official" this trade was. Did the teams make official announcements?

Edited by mmmmmbeeer

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
I didn't think any trades could be officially completed until the owners ratified the new CBA which, as far as I know, won't happen until tomorrow. How is the NBA f***ed? Because fans in LA will be pissed?

The CBA was ratified by the Player's Union earlier today.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
How is the NBA f***ed? Because fans in LA will be pissed?

I'm the farthest thing from an LA fan, and I am pissed. The commish just came down and vetoed a trade that (after the three way) was beneficial to the Hornets. However, it made the Lakers the f***ing s***... yet again... and that was the problem.

Trust me, when I saw CP3 to the Lakers I was pissed, BUT they PULLED IT OFF. I like teams with balls.

This just feels like a huge problem to me.

I don't reckon I'd heard that CP3 would sign an extension with the Lakers. If someone could point that out, I'd enjoy reading. Right now it feels like the Lake Joint paid a s***load for a one year rental. And it got blocked. Because WWE has taken over.

Edited by Steve9347

Ok, the NBA owns the Hornets, who have bled money for the NBA.

The 29 owners said no, so therefore, trade can't go through. They have as much right to veto it as Reinsdorf can veto a Bulls trade.

Plus, the Hornets would be taking on $50M in contracts for three 30 year olds as opposed to Paul's expiring, thus costing the NBA more money.

And Paul won't honor his contract.

Sorry, but the owners had every right to veto it and did.