NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
As an basketball fan...Griffin and Paul on the same team makes me happy. As an NBA fan...i'm sanguin.. As a bulls fan, fairly happy. But the clippers could be a super team.

They had to give up an absolute ton to get CP3 if that's the deal.

Billips

CP3

DeAndre Jordan

Caron Butler

Blake Griffin

They'll definitely be competitive in the West if everyone stays healthy, but they could use some more size now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
Wait...

so eric bledsoe, mo williams, chauncey billups and CP3 ... they are like the good Timberwolves.

Yeah, I don't get that. 1) They claim Billups while they're discussing getting Paul, 2) They keep Bledsoe for some reason even though New Orleans needs him more than they do.

No way I'd have traded Gordon personally. That 2012 pick could end up being a monster asset already. Oh well, good for my fantasy team, Gordon should score 25 PPG. :)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
I know the Clippers bid was better, but the Lakers still have to be pissed. You make a deal with a GM on a trade, & the NBA nixes it and later sends that player to the other team in your city/stadium.

Karma is a b****. Enjoy Pau

Doesnt the NBA have to fire the Hornets GM at this point?

Either he A) agreed to a Lakers deal that was moronic without even seeing what options were out there or B) was promised some sort of other compensation by the Lakers if he agreed to the trade.

Most likely the guy is out when a new owner buys the team, so I hate to say it, but theres a definite reason hed want to collude with the lakers if they promised him a future job. Either way, the guy was either stupid or worse.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Chris Paul, IMO, is the pre-season favorite for MVP. He's got GUNS now. It's gonna be raining oops, oops and more oops.

Not a bad point because the voters seems to like guys that spearhead a major improvement in the standings. Pretty much every other player that you can say is better than him is already on a contender.

My only concern with the Clips would be how their backcourt works out. Gordon was a really solid SG, without him they have a bunch of point guards to try to fill the role. I guess Mo has some experience off the ball playing with Lebron and Chauncey can shoot, so it'll probably work out fine.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
Doesnt the NBA have to fire the Hornets GM at this point?

Either he A) agreed to a Lakers deal that was moronic without even seeing what options were out there or B) was promised some sort of other compensation by the Lakers if he agreed to the trade.

Most likely the guy is out when a new owner buys the team, so I hate to say it, but theres a definite reason hed want to collude with the lakers if they promised him a future job. Either way, the guy was either stupid or worse.

Hey, it's been good enough for every other superstar trade before this, why would he expect to get a better return just by shopping around? Kenny Williams agrees strongly.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Same old Clippers. They won't be able to sign him long term. They have to win it all this year for the trade to make sense, and they won't.

They have a huge built in advantage on signing him, not only the city, but the CBA let's them offer like $25 mil more than anyone else can next offseason.