NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Brook Lopez is possibly out for the season with a stress fracture in his foot that requires surgery.

Sports Illustrated's Zach Lowe wrote on Twitter that he was told by a doctor who works with the Lakers that Lopez will need three to four months for healing and rehab, which would basically put him out for the entire season.

You can scratch the Nets off of possible trade destinations for Dwight, now.

I wonder how much of this is lock-out related with these injuries?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
I wonder how much of this is lock-out related with these injuries?

To which "injuries" are you referring? Brook Lopez is a big dude, they get stress fractures. Kobe's injury was happening whether he had an extended preseason or not. Baron Davis's back is always an issue... I'm trying to think of any other big injuries, and can't.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Brook Lopez is possibly out for the season with a stress fracture in his foot that requires surgery.

Sports Illustrated's Zach Lowe wrote on Twitter that he was told by a doctor who works with the Lakers that Lopez will need three to four months for healing and rehab, which would basically put him out for the entire season.

You can scratch the Nets off of possible trade destinations for Dwight, now.

Damn, the entire season? Wow, don't draft him for fantasy...lol.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
To which "injuries" are you referring? Brook Lopez is a big dude, they get stress fractures. Kobe's injury was happening whether he had an extended preseason or not. Baron Davis's back is always an issue... I'm trying to think of any other big injuries, and can't.

Jeff Green has a heart thing, that's clearly unrelated to basketball.

Going through the official injury report list, there's no one there that really surprises.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 08:08 AM)
lol

Vinny Del Negro says hi

DeAndre Jordan, second best C of his generation or all-time?With J4L's infamous hyperbole, can't tell which one. :lolhitting

Del Negro never had this type of talent. And I didn't say Jordan would be the second best C of this generation. I said the second best in basketball. Right behind Dwight Howard. Just watch.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 23, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
6559202705_8be99e80bc_b.jpg

Green Bay 34

Chicago 6

The Bears D valiently holds the Packers offense until late in the 3rd when all of the Bears offensive 3 and outs wears down the Bears D and the Pack pull away with 3 TDs in the 4th...

Since I know what's going to happen, I will not ruin my Christmas and will just savor the Bulls beatdown of the Lakers from earlier that day.

Merry Christmas Bears and NFL fans except Packer fans, screw you :), jk Merry Christmas to you guys too!

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 24, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Watching NBAtv preview and CWebb reading my mind on Kendrick Perkins.

Ha, I watched that yesterday too. It makes sense. You can probablly be a lot more aggressive when you have KG guarding the rim behind you. But, no he didn't look that great last year for the thunder albeit he was injured.