NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:05 AM)
Dan Bernstein had a great point that LeBron better already have done his research to determine what situation was the best for him and all of this stuff is BS. What are all of these meetings going to tell him that he should have already known. Imagine him witha a Scott Boras.

And yet it does not appear that he has.

With Wade, it seems that he only decided to test his options in the last week when Stoudamire went to NY. So I understand that he has some thinking to do. LeBron should not be debating this anymore, but I really think he is completely confused.

At this point I've lost all excitement about this decision. At best the Bulls have a 50/50 shot of getting one of the big two, otherwise it's a Boozer or Lee signing and maybe a run at Camelo next year (not likely). I can't fault the Bulls though. From everything I've read/heard they've done exactly the right thing. Nearly pulling Wade in despite him being a "lock" to return to Miami was incredible.

As far as Lebron's decision, I'm confident this whole process was mapped out and manufactured by his inner circle. The longer people talk about him and what he's thinking/doing the better for his career. But leaving Cleveland isn't as easy as some are making it out to be. Without him the town does die a little. People will lose their jobs. All of his friends at the Cavs will instantly be thrown into s***sville. It'd be a tough choice for anyone.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:27 AM)
At this point I've lost all excitement about this decision. At best the Bulls have a 50/50 shot of getting one of the big two, otherwise it's a Boozer or Lee signing and maybe a run at Camelo next year (not likely). I can't fault the Bulls though. From everything I've read/heard they've done exactly the right thing. Nearly pulling Wade in despite him being a "lock" to return to Miami was incredible.

As far as Lebron's decision, I'm confident this whole process was mapped out and manufactured by his inner circle. The longer people talk about him and what he's thinking/doing the better for his career. But leaving Cleveland isn't as easy as some are making it out to be. Without him the town does die a little. People will lose their jobs. All of his friends at the Cavs will instantly be thrown into s***sville. It'd be a tough choice for anyone.

You know you've got a diva when your "friends" come into play during f***ing free agency.

IraHeatBeat OK, time to chill. All signs still point to Wade with Heat. Just waiting on longshot of Bron, too.

I hate this guy with a passion. I hope we get wade just to f*** with him. Absolute garbage new-age journalist. He is a slob.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:56 AM)
I hate this guy with a passion. I hope we get wade just to f*** with him. Absolute garbage new-age journalist. He is a slob.

Well, you've got to admit...this is like a near-impossible story to cover right now...

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
I trust what Sam Smith says more than any other basketball writer.

And he says there is zero chance the Bulls will trade Rose.

Sam Smith also thinks LeBron is bad for this team...

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:27 AM)
At this point I've lost all excitement about this decision. At best the Bulls have a 50/50 shot of getting one of the big two

That's kind of how I've felt all along. If anything, this whole thing has been discouraging. The Bulls have always had a realistic shot at getting one of the big three so there was reason to have some good feelings, but it's always been an overall underdog proposition. And if you don't get any of them, you're probably stuck in NBA jail for a long time unless you get lucky, because Carlos Boozer (or David Lee) and a shooter or two isn't going to be enough to win anything relevant.

The one guy I still have some hope for is Wade. Particularly if Lebron is trying to go back to Cleveland and can convince Bosh to do a sign and trade to join him. That'd leave Wade with nothing in Miami, and make it really hard for him to stay.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)

my major problem with the tweet you quoted is there is nothing behind it, just a statement... is he basing this off new info? Is he just reacting to the story that Wade canceled an appearance for tomorrow?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)
Chris Broussard just said on M&M that this crap could drag out till Friday now. I'm so sick of this. Would this idiot just pick Cleveland so Kobe can call him and thank him for guaranteeing him a 6th ring.

I seriously think LeBron might stretch this out for another week or two (or more?) to stroke his own ego. He has an excuse to as well as long as Bosh is out there since his camp can leak out that he's still trying to convince Bosh to do a S&T to join him in Cleveland.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:05 AM)
That's kind of how I've felt all along. If anything, this whole thing has been discouraging. The Bulls have always had a realistic shot at getting one of the big three so there was reason to have some good feelings, but it's always been an overall underdog proposition. And if you don't get any of them, you're probably stuck in NBA jail for a long time unless you get lucky, because Carlos Boozer (or David Lee) and a shooter or two isn't going to be enough to win anything relevant.

The one guy I still have some hope for is Wade. Particularly if Lebron is trying to go back to Cleveland and can convince Bosh to do a sign and trade to join him. That'd leave Wade with nothing in Miami, and make it really hard for him to stay.

The only positive is that unless Bosh goes to Miami with Wade, the Bulls stay as good as they were last year. Lebron gets no help in Cleveland, the Celtics get older (and possibly lose Allen). Miami and Orlando are probably the favorites, but maybe the Bulls get better in the next 8 months and can beat some of those teams. Maybe everyone with cap space this year blows their money and next year we go after Anthony.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:13 AM)
I seriously think LeBron might stretch this out for another week or two (or more?) to stroke his own ego. He has an excuse to as well as long as Bosh is out there since his camp can leak out that he's still trying to convince Bosh to do a S&T to join him in Cleveland.

I don't buy that at all. There's not a damn thing Toronto could want back in a S&T from Cleveland. There would have to be some kinda investigation if that were to happen.

Ric Bucher's tweet from yesterday looks like it's becoming more and more a distinct possibility.

And it seems Melo's almost a lock to re-sign with the Nugs for another 3 years FWIW.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
Ric Bucher's tweet from yesterday looks like it's becoming more and more a distinct possibility.

And it seems Melo's almost a lock to re-sign with the Nugs for another 3 years FWIW.

You're gonna listen to Ric Bucher?

It's all over if that's true (that being the Wade/Bosh to Miami thing). The free agent bonanza, the Bulls chance at being meaningful again, the period of hope for this franchise that we've had for the first time since Jordan retired. All of it. So let's hope it's not true.

Edited by whitesoxfan101