NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
You left out Luol Deng, who hurts your flexibility quite a bit.

You're very unlikely to sign both Haywood and Allen for the $14-15 mil you'd have left under the cap.

And if Allen's going to take less money to leave Boston (which prob isn't happening) that'll probably be with a contender.

The Bulls may have a chance with Redick at the full MLE, especially after the Magic signed Duhon today though.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:37 AM)
And if Allen's going to take less money to leave Boston (which prob isn't happening) that'll probably be with a contender.

The Bulls may have a chance with Redick at the full MLE, especially after the Magic signed Duhon today though.

I love the idea of Reddick to the Bulls. But not if it means we didn't get a LBJ or Wade, haha.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
I love the idea of Reddick to the Bulls. But not if it means we didn't get a LBJ or Wade, haha.

If the Bulls end up gettin 2 max FA's, can they still use the MLE?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
If the Bulls end up gettin 2 max FA's, can they still use the MLE?

Nope. They'd have to make a deal with the Magic. Bulls do have a few exceptions that might work though to the point that the Bulls could do a sign and trade and use the exception and give the magic a draft pick for helping em out.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
Nope. They'd have to make a deal with the Magic. Bulls do have a few exceptions that might work though to the point that the Bulls could do a sign and trade and use the exception and give the magic a draft pick for helping em out.

I think we got a trade exception out of the Hedo sign and trade deal from last off-season, so I'm not sure how valuable that's going to be in the end.

I'm pretty sure we'll end up matching an offer for him when it's all said and done anyways.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
Just out of curiousity, does anybody know the numbers for the largest thread ever here in terms of posts, views, and pages? If this drags out into Friday and Saturday like some think, we could make a run at it.

Game 3 of the 2005 World Series had almost 80,000 views and 2,524 replies. This has already passed it in terms of replies, but I doubt it'll get views. Not sure if that's a record for views.

Edited by Felix

I have to imagine the Bulls feel real (I MEAN REAL REAL REAL) good that Carlos Boozer is theirs if they want him and that they are legitimately still in the hunt for the Big 3. Otherwise, I think they would have gone out and signed Boozer already to at least have one solid FA acquisition. I still have the feeling LBJ to Cleveland, Wade/Bosh to Miami and then Boozer to Chi with Korver/Redick/Miller/Morrow.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
Game 3 of the 2005 World Series had almost 80,000 views and 2,524 replies. This has already passed it in terms of replies, but I doubt it'll get views. Not sure if that's a record for views.

The Recruiting thread also has 116,979 views. So yeah, that's not happening.

What about the reply record though? This thread has passed both of those.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
I have to imagine the Bulls feel real (I MEAN REAL REAL REAL) good that Carlos Boozer is theirs if they want him and that they are legitimately still in the hunt for the Big 3. Otherwise, I think they would have gone out and signed Boozer already to at least have one solid FA acquisition. I still have the feeling LBJ to Cleveland, Wade/Bosh to Miami and then Boozer to Chi with Korver/Redick/Miller/Morrow.

Great, we'll be Jazz east.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

ESPNNewYork.com reports: Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov likes his team's chances of signing LeBron James and is convinced that Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh will play for the Heat next season.

According to notes obtained from a conference call Prokhorov had with his inner circle of executives over the weekend, the Nets' boss believes James would diminish his "brand" by playing alongside Wade and Bosh. Prokhorov was optimistic about the Nets' bid for James and said if he came aboard, they would pursue a trade for his close friend Chris Paul. If this didn't happen, he would look to sign Carlos Boozer.

Several other interesting notes in this article as well.

Edited by scenario

Today's questions: Are we actually any closer to a resolution to this now than we've been in the last several days other than the fact the season is coming closer and they eventually have to decide? And does anybody actually know anymore about what is going to happen now than in the past? Or is everything we're reading still bull s*** and nobody actually knows what they're doing yet?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
Today's questions: Are we actually any closer to a resolution to this now than we've been in the last several days other than the fact the season is coming closer and they eventually have to decide? And does anybody actually know anymore about what is going to happen now than in the past? Or is everything we're reading still bull s*** and nobody actually knows what they're doing yet?

I think we're finding out that Lebron wants to stay in Cleveland more than originally thought. IMO there's four ways this plays out:

(1) Lebron stays in Cleveland, convinces Bosh to come with him, forces Wade to come to Chicago with Lee or Boozer.

(2) Lebron stays in Cleveland, Bosh signs with another team completely (not Miami since Tor has said no to any S&T with Miami), Wade comes to Chicago with Lee or Boozer

(3) Lebron comes to Chicago, convinces Bosh to come with, Wade stays in Miami

(4) Lebron comes to Chicago and convinces Wade to come with, Bosh to Houston, the rest no one cares.

Edit: sorry, 5

5) Lebron and Wade stay, Bosh goes to Houston, Chicago gets f***ed.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
ESPNNewYork.com reports: Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov likes his team's chances of signing LeBron James and is convinced that Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh will play for the Heat next season.

According to notes obtained from a conference call Prokhorov had with his inner circle of executives over the weekend, the Nets' boss believes James would diminish his "brand" by playing alongside Wade and Bosh. Prokhorov was optimistic about the Nets' bid for James and said if he came aboard, they would pursue a trade for his close friend Chris Paul. If this didn't happen, he would look to sign Carlos Boozer.

Several other interesting notes in this article as well.

Prokhorov told his team to stop wasting their time on LeBron.

Everything is bulls***. Nothing is real. It's the Matrix.

The city of Chicago wants LeBron James, the Bulls organization wants LeBron, but if it were up to Derrick Rose, he would have preferred to have Joe Johnson join the team, instead of James.

Brian Windhorst of The Plain Dealer wrote the following tweets on Monday:

"LeBron really likes Rose and Joakim Noah. But there's lack if shooters on roster. Also it doesn't sound like he's exactly being welcomed by Rose.

"Didn't say Rose was anti-LeBron. But the word is preference was Joe Johnson. They have same agent. That is what multiple people tell me."

Arn Tellem represents Rose and Johnson, who has agreed to re-sign with Atlanta.

Did Rose really say he prefers JJ over Lebron? Don't think so. I know Rose and JJ is a better fit, but Rose wanted Lebron here as well. Pathetic Cleveland beat writers trying to create rumors and dramas of a dysfunctional Rose Lebron relationship to turn Lebron away.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Prokhorov told his team to stop wasting their time on LeBron.

Everything is bulls***. Nothing is real. It's the Matrix.

You don't own any guns do you?

I'm afraid of what could happen if the Bulls come out empty-handed.

Note to Steve's friends: go to his house and hide all sharp instruments.

:P