NBA Offseason Thread

TALK TALK TALK RUMOR RUMOR AND MORE RUMORS

The NBA is infamous for more talk than actual move making more than any other sport. Most of everyones reports have been bulls*** if not all of the reports. I dont care what anyone says until its reported as fact then wake me up and let me know cause this is poppycock.

My only concern here is the idea that a deal with Toronto is being held back by Noah (we're not even sure if that's true though). I know Noah for Bosh doesn't get you all that much better, but I think it's a risk you have to take in order to improve your chances with LeBron and Wade if the opportunity is there. Beyond that, I think as much as everybody (me included) panics at new reports, they're probably all lies anyways.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
Did Rose really say he prefers JJ over Lebron? Don't think so. I know Rose and JJ is a better fit, but Rose wanted Lebron here as well. Pathetic Cleveland beat writers trying to create rumors and dramas of a dysfunctional Rose Lebron relationship to turn Lebron away.

If Rose said or does anything like that he needs to get the f*** out now. I don't give a s*** who he is, but if it is true, get lost Rose. I want Lebron more than anything. Guy is a stud.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
My only concern here is the idea that a deal with Toronto is being held back by Noah (we're not even sure if that's true though). I know Noah for Bosh doesn't get you all that much better, but I think it's a risk you have to take in order to improve your chances with LeBron and Wade if the opportunity is there. Beyond that, I think as much as everybody (me included) panics at new reports, they're probably all lies anyways.

I'm really thinking that LeBron is going back to Cleveland. It's really a battle for Bosh right now. Whoever gets Bosh might end up landing Wade as well.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
If Lebron was for sure staying in Cleveland why not just announce before his camp?

I think hes up in the air right now and is trying to see how everything works.

I'm thinking he "knew" where he was going, but since this weekend he's a lot more unsure. There's a lot of factors.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
If Lebron was for sure staying in Cleveland why not just announce before his camp?

I think hes up in the air right now and is trying to see how everything works.

Because he's an attention whore. Bosh not being done yet makes sense because a sign and trade is complicated. Wade not being done yet makes sense because he wants to see what else Miami can acquire to help him. LeBron really has no reason to have not decided yet. He knows what Cleveland has, and he knows what other teams could potentially (if not likely) have if he goes to them.

Of course, maybe he hasn't decided yet either and you're right. I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Can someone tell me the differences between Lee, Boozer, and Bosh? Im no basketball expert, but looking at their stats, they were all very similar players this past year.

Bosh > Boozer > Lee

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
I'm about to be done with all this. I will forever hate whoever doesn't come to Chicago for putting me through this s***.

+1 i still have got absolutely nothing done because of this stuff.....but i'll be fine with it all if we can land one of the big 3

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Bosh > Boozer > Lee

I know that's the consensus, but why?

Also, from my point of view, if you can get Lebron, does it really matter a whole bunch who the PF (out of those 3) is with Rose, Lebron, and Noah?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)
I know that's the consensus, but why?

Also, from my point of view, if you can get Lebron, does it really matter a whole bunch who the PF (out of those 3) is with Rose, Lebron, and Noah?

Bosh fits best in this case because he has the most talent and can compliment somebody like Noah, who is a garbage scoring center and can get him offensive boards. Bosh is the best shooter of the 3.

David Lee is also a decent mid range shooter, but he's an effort guy, talent's not quite there.

Boozer can post up a bit and has a signature turnaround shot. He's not bad, just hurt too much.

Edited by chw42

Lebron's decision may have a lot to do with the other FA's. If the status quo remains, Bosh anywhere, Wade Miami, then Cleveland is still a pretty good destination.

If Bosh/Wade team up, Cleveland may not be the place where Lebron can win.

I think that hes torn, and part of him wants to be like Mike and the other wants to be the Jordan of Cleveland.

Hard choice.