NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
Kaplan reports that the Bulls have a trade in place to for Luol Deng to Portland for Bayless + Pryzbilla.

Kaplan's actually going on a Portland radio station.

@thekapman - If the rumors I heard about the Bulls agreeing to trade Deng to Portland for Przybilla + Bayless are true they have a FA in the fold? Right?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Pryzbilla will make $7.4 million this year, contract expires after this next season.

Bayless makes $2.2 million. We would save about $2 million in the process.

if we are like 4 mil under 2 max FA's then why would we do this deal if we are going to be still a few mill over what we need to be at?

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
if we are like 4 mil under 2 max FA's then why would we do this deal if we are going to be still a few mill over what we need to be at?

Beats me.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
@thekapman - If the rumors I heard about the Bulls agreeing to trade Deng to Portland for Przybilla + Bayless are true they have a FA in the fold? Right?

I would think so, and I HATE that Kaplan is going around reporting this. Bulls supposedly might have a couple trades for Deng locked up. I hope Kaplan doesn't screw it all up. And yes I would love the deal cause I'm a huge Bayless fan as a backup PG. Incredible potential. Probably the 2nd or 3rd most athletic PG in the NBA.

People still reporting that Bosh doesn't want to play in Cleveland

And it's damn near a certainty that LeBron isn't leaving Cleveland unless it's through a sign and trade, he wants that max money and we don't have anything we can send to Cleveland AFAIK

One common theme amongst all 3 of these guys, they all want max money and the hold up is:

THEY CAN'T FIND A TEAM THAT HAS A PACKAGE THAT SATISFIES THEIR CURRENT TEAM

This is what I'd bet money on causing the delay

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
I would think so, and I HATE that Kaplan is going around reporting this. Bulls supposedly might have a couple trades for Deng locked up. I hope Kaplan doesn't screw it all up. And yes I would love the deal cause I'm a huge Bayless fan as a backup PG. Incredible potential. Probably the 2nd or 3rd most athletic PG in the NBA.

This rumor has been around for a couple of days now.

@PDcavsinsider - According to exec familiar with Raptors thinking, TOR undecided on what type of sign-&-trade to look for if they participate w/ Bosh. Exec said TOR going back-and-forth on whether they want to try a total rebuild or attempt to get veterans that can help more immediately. A factor here may be that GM Bryan Colangelo has just one year left on his contract. So, point is, nothing close to firm w/Bosh right now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
This rumor has been around for a couple of days now.

It doesn't matter, especially when "rumors" can be easily shot down. (I.E. Gortat/Pietrus for Deng.. all we know that is still on the table) We don't need idiots like Kaplan banking his "sources" on deals when the Bulls FO has been tightly lipped about the whole situation.

Best possible scenario for Chicago: Lebron stays in Cleveland, Bosh goes to Houston, Wade comes to Chicago in a sign and trade (Do they have need for a Noah, or Gibson?), and we sign Boozer

At that point, do you think we could afford Ray Allen? There's your shooter, would be a pimp roster, hopefully Taj Gibson would be all they'd need, since we would need Noah at C

Edited by Real

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Best possible scenario for Chicago: Lebron stays in Cleveland, Bosh goes to Houston, Wade comes to Chicago in a sign and trade (Do they have need for a Noah, or Gibson?), and we sign Boozer

Why do people say this? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. The best possible scenario involves LeBron in Chicago, and until he has another cap on you and everyone else are just talking out of your asses.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
Why do people say this? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. The best possible scenario involves LeBron in Chicago, and until he has another cap on you and everyone else are just talking out of your asses.

The odds of him coming here are not high, even you have to admit that.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
if bosh goes to miami its a guarentee wade stays there........no questions asked

Bosh isn't going to Miami because Toronto isn't taking Beasley's contract, same with Cleveland because Bosh won't play there

So really, it's as if they don't WANT to play in Chicago because Chicago can satisfy a S&T to essentially either team, assuming Noah+Deng or Gibson+Deng are suitable options

If Bosh lands in Miami or Cleveland I'll be really shocked

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)

Sorry, I didn't mean to type "best possible scenario", I meant most likely scenario

Also, simmer down Sister Serious.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
Bosh isn't going to Miami because Toronto isn't taking Beasley's contract, same with Cleveland because Bosh won't play there

So really, it's as if they don't WANT to play in Chicago because Chicago can satisfy a S&T to essentially either team, assuming Noah+Deng or Gibson+Deng are suitable options

If Bosh lands in Miami or Cleveland I'll be really shocked

Deng has a worse contract than Beasley and his potential isn't nearly as big. (though he is more of a proven commodity despite the injury issues and has better character) Noah trumps anything Miami can offer, but the Bulls won't do it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
The odds of him coming here are not high, even you have to admit that.

How can you even know that, from the sounds of it only Lebron knows what he really wants to do how can anyone legitly calculate odds.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
Sorry, I didn't mean to type "best possible scenario", I meant most likely scenario

Also, simmer down Sister Serious.

Hey, you typed what you typed, and it was completely inaccurate. Lay off lady liar.