NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:20 AM)
I could see him potentially getting caught in that nether-world where no one wants to pay him a big salary because of the looming lockout and cap decrease, and thus being forced to take what he can get.

I very seriously doubt a 27 year old big man is going to be the one that has to take less. If nothing else the Knicks will give him like $12 mil to stay and claim they wanted to keep him all along when/if they strike out on the big time guys. There are too many teams with cap space for him to not get somewhere around Luol Deng money. Boozer strikes me as the guy that's going to have to take a lot less than he expects, especially since he already opted back into his contract last season in a weaker free agent class.

Hmmm.... seems the Pacers would trade their #10 pick for a PG (want defense, high I.Q.) and also would like to move down in the draft as the guy they are targeting is projected to be much lower. If I'm the Bulls, that might be the perfect match to trade Hinrich to (+ the 17th pick if need be), and I believe Bird likes Hinrich alot. This would allow the Bulls to draft Henry/George. (Anderson I'm falling out of favor of) Rose needs a tall SG to play off of, not to mention gives him more touches with the basketball without another short PG playing SG.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Hmmm.... seems the Pacers would trade their #10 pick for a PG (want defense, high I.Q.) and also would like to move down in the draft as the guy they are targeting is projected to be much lower. If I'm the Bulls, that might be the perfect match to trade Hinrich to (+ the 17th pick if need be), and I believe Bird likes Hinrich alot. This would allow the Bulls to draft Henry/George. (Anderson I'm falling out of favor of) Rose needs a tall SG to play off of, not to mention gives him more touches with the basketball without another short PG playing SG.

Do the Pacers have cap space to absorb his contract or would there be a player coming along?

Ah Hell, I can check this.

The Pacers are way the Hell over the Cap next year, so they'd have to send within about 10% of $9 million back to the Bulls next year.

Might be nice to remove any requirement of paying Hinrich $8 million in 2012, but the lockout could take care of that anyway, and if the Bulls go all in this offseason, they wouldn't be anywhere near under the cap in 2012 if they could move Hinrich. So, if you're Moving Kirk to the Pacers, it better be for a deal that makes the Bulls better.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)

the 10 for the 17 and kirk would be a dream come true

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
Oh boy are we greatly overrating Noah. I like the kid, but Rodman was on his own planet.

I'm not overrating anybody. I said Rodman-like. As he brings a similar skill-set and intangibles that Rodman brought. Of course I'm not saying he's Rodman overall.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
I'm not overrating anybody. I said Rodman-like. As he brings a similar skill-set and intangibles that Rodman brought. Of course I'm not saying he's Rodman overall.

That's a copout. I assume that this means that you rate Luol Deng as Pippen-like?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
That's a copout. I assume that this means that you rate Luol Deng as Pippen-like?

I wouldnt say Deng has a similar skill-set and set of intangibles like Pippen. As far as im concerned, the only thing they really have in common is that they play basketball in the NBA

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)

Um, no. As Deng is nowhere near the ball-handler, shooter or athlete Pippen was. Just because Bill Wennington once said the two were similar like 5 years ago didn't really give it any merit. Dirk has a similar skillset to Larry Bird. Does that mean he's Bird's equal? No. It's not that difficult to see a lot of Rodman in Noah when he's playing. And that doesn't mean I'm disrespecting Rodman because I dare say there's a player in the league that mimics him.

Thinking about how impressed I am when any player gets 20 rebounds in a single game, the fact that Rodman routinely did it a couple of times a week just blows my mind. I almost wouldn't believe it if I hadn't watched him do it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
Name the contracts you want to take back.

I would gladly take a big like Foster back, but I don't think saving only 3 mil would be THAT significant of a price so perhaps your right. I still think they'll trade Ford or Tinsley + Watson. Troy Murphy has also been thrown around a ton in trade talks as a stretch the floor 4 guy. I doubt anyone takes Dunleavy Jr.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 11:51 PM)
I would gladly take a big like Foster back, but I don't think saving only 3 mil would be THAT significant of a price so perhaps your right. I still think they'll trade Ford or Tinsley + Watson. Troy Murphy has also been thrown around a ton in trade talks as a stretch the floor 4 guy. I doubt anyone takes Dunleavy Jr.

i heart troy murphy whats his contract status like

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
i heart troy murphy whats his contract status like

Balta posted the site a few posts up.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
The Blazers turned down the #4 pick for Batum.

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

I don't understand this from either side at all.

Wow.

And I think many knew Gadzuric was going to be traded. Skiles was not a fan of his.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)

Wow.

And I think many knew Gadzuric was going to be traded. Skiles was not a fan of his.

I'm still comprehending this

In recent years, if the Blazers had made different choices, they could enter this season with Paul/Roy/Durant/Aldridge/Cousins

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 12:38 AM)
I'm still comprehending this

In recent years, if the Blazers had made different choices, they could enter this season with Paul/Roy/Durant/Aldridge/Cousins

Yeah, they have some talent, but it could be a WAY better situation there right now.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)

Wow.

Is anyone? I'd rather have Michael Ruffin on the court, at least Ruffin was soo ugly he might scare the other team into missing shots.