NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
The key is Toronto. If they're willing to deal Bosh for Chalmers, picks, and cash... then Wade and Bosh are off the table.

I have a feeling that they ARE willing to do that though, wouldn't you think adding a couple firsts wouldn't be a big deal? Colangelo is holding out for Noah, I think.

Also, I believe the offer the Bulls have on the table of Taj + JJ + CHA 1st + Trade exception is easily as good if not better given their roster makeup after Bosh is out of town. If that deal gets it done, the Bulls will assuredly add their 2012 1st, right? (given they can't trade the 2011)

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
The key is Toronto. If they're willing to deal Bosh for Chalmers, picks, and cash... then Wade and Bosh are off the table.

Why the hell does Canada get to make the big decision?

LOL, I love where Bucher said he didn't know where the stuff about Tor not wanting to sign and trade with Mia came from when it came from ESPN... his employer!! It wasn't even like they were using an outside source on their bottom line, they were just reporting it as fact.

Glazer uses extended tweets where you can go longer than 140, I think a lot of reporters should use that because they're trying to cram everything in and coming off clueless.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)
Bucher's post was a theoretical.

As in, if Miami offered it would be done.

Horrible phrasing, although I think he is just trying to get views. In which case misleading is the key.

I removed Bucher from my twitter list. he wasnt contributing worthwhile information.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
If they want Noah + Gibson + picks + exception for Bosh, I'd want a guard in return as well. Like Jarrett Jack.

To be perfectly fair to GarPax, the reported offer on the table is a damn good one (Taj Gibson, James Johnson, CHA 1st, Trade Exception). I don't really see why they want a deal done with Cleveland so badly to land JJ Hickson and Anderson Varajao, if the Bulls have that offer out there.

Colangelo is playing hardball and demanding Noah when the offer on the table is a damn good one to begin with, and it's one that I don't think Cleveland nor Miami can beat.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
I have a feeling that they ARE willing to do that though, wouldn't you think adding a couple firsts wouldn't be a big deal? Colangelo is holding out for Noah, I think.

Also, I believe the offer the Bulls have on the table of Taj + JJ + CHA 1st + Trade exception is easily as good if not better given their roster makeup after Bosh is out of town. If that deal gets it done, the Bulls will assuredly add their 2012 1st, right? (given they can't trade the 2011)

Toronto already has Amir Johnson, Bargnani, Ed Davis, and Hedo to all play in the F spots though, so I can see why they wouldn't have much interest in Taj or JJ when they've already got a logjam there.

They need help at the C spot more than anything else.

Well Steve the bulls are at a crossroads.

They can make a move like Steve would, get rid of Noah get the superstars and figure it out later.

They can make a move like me, keep Noah dont get the superstars and try and build, hoping that your players turn into superstars.

Personally Im getting nervous as hell and am at the point where I think the Bulls should go the Steve route. Get the superstars, if you can get Wade/Bosh, just do it. Figure out a defensive center, whatever you need later. Trading for a guy during the season isnt even a bad idea, Bosh/Wade/Rose is getting you to the playoffs.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
Toronto already has Amir Johnson, Bargnani, Ed Davis, and Hedo to all play in the F spots though, so I can see why they wouldn't have much interest in Taj or JJ when they've already got a logjam there.

They need help at the C spot more than anything else.

They need someone that can actually defend or rebound whether he's a PF or a C (though the latter makes more sense). Hedo and Bargs are both really 3's, Davis is a project rookie, and Amir sucks.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
I removed Bucher from my twitter list. he wasnt contributing worthwhile information.

as much as I hate him I think you need to keep him in. . . once this is over it will be fun to see how wrong he is about everything.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
They need someone that can actually defend or rebound whether he's a PF or a C (though the latter makes more sense). Hedo and Bargs are both really 3's, Davis is a project rookie, and Amir sucks.

Hence why they probably want Varejao then. He'd be a good fit next to Bargnani.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
as much as I hate him I think you need to keep him in. . . once this is over it will be fun to see how wrong he is about everything.

plus if the bulls do get a superstar i wanna see his reaction to it :headbang

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
Hence why they probably want Varejao then. He'd be a good fit next to Bargnani.

Yeah, he has some value, but he makes far more sense on a team that's trying to compete than a rebuilding team like Toronto. He's due to make $32 mil over the next four years and is strictly a role player.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
Still begs the question if Wade will come to Chicago to be the 2nd highest paid player behind Bosh.

This point is the ONLY worthwhile point Bucher has made thus far, and he made it nearly a week ago.

While striking out with the top 3 would suck, it wouldn't nearly be the end of the world.

Boston is aging, Cleveland will be the same old 1-man show, and Miami will have 2 stars on an incredibly thin roster.

If this were to happen and the Bulls used their cap space well they could still compete. Lee/Boozer, Haywood, Miller, Morrow, Brewer, Redick, etc. While it would not be what we all have dreamed of, that team could still compete with those other teams who won't be nearly perfect.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)
While striking out with the top 3 would suck, it wouldn't nearly be the end of the world.

Boston is aging, Cleveland will be the same old 1-man show, and Miami will have 2 stars on an incredibly thin roster.

If this were to happen and the Bulls used their cap space well they could still compete. Lee/Boozer, Haywood, Miller, Morrow, Brewer, Redick, etc. While it would not be what we all have dreamed of, that team could still compete with those other teams who won't be nearly perfect.

We "competed" in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010. Which was fine considering the laughingstock we became following the breakup of the dynasty. But competing isn't good enough anymore. The last two years were all a prelude to this moment. To come away with Boozer or Lee and a few marginal free agents would be every bit as bad as prematurely breaking up a team that had won 6 of the last 8 championships.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)

i will be one pissed off fan not at the team for not trying because they have but because i've been glued to the computer for the last week waiting for this to go down....

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
We "competed" in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010. Which was fine considering the laughingstock we became following the breakup of the dynasty. But competing isn't good enough anymore. The last two years were all a prelude to this moment. To come away with Boozer or Lee and a few marginal free agents would be every bit as bad as prematurely breaking up a team that had won 6 of the last 8 championships.

We've never competed in the east and we could easily do so after this summer, even with missing out on the top 3.

If Bosh/Wade go to Miami and Lebron goes back to Cleveland, what team in the east is gonna be dominant?

f*** Toronto. An offer of Taj plus picks or James Johnson or whatever we are offering is better then anything the Cavs and Heat can offer. Don't punish us because we have more talent then the other two teams and demand it. Not that it really matters because Bosh decides in the end and not the Raptors but it would be nice if we could agree on a S&T so that Bosh knows if he comes here he gets the money.