NBA Offseason Thread

as much as i love joakim, if it ever comes out that we didn't get bosh and thus a following big name FA because we wouldn't give the raptors noah, im going to be irate

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
Carlos Boozer, come on down!!!

M&M had a guy from NY on and said the Knicks have had recent discussions with Boozer. Doesn't sound like the Bulls should be assuming anything.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:21 PM)
Im surprised to hear people upset at the way the Bulls have handled this. No matter what happens I like how Chicago approached this off-season.

Really? Does it matter that we handled ourselves well when our team is f***ed in basketball limbo with prolly 26 other teams for the next 10 years? Yay, we asked our girls to the prom the most impressively...but we're still going stag.

I feel sorry for all those that bought season tickets.

Chicago didn't do anything wrong. I just don't think Wade went into the process with any intention of leaving Miami. I think Chicago did a great job of making him think about it harder, but I also know Wade wanted some drama into their ridiculous documentary about the process.

all about the money? He gets to play with another legit star now. Also, how many times do you hear about an athlete staying with the team that drafted him as "all about the money". God, I've been waiting for this offseason for 3 f***ing years. NBA is dead to me. The salary cap has done the opposite of parity. This is a joke, i've never seen the talent centralized like this ever before.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:23 AM)
Really? Does it matter that we handled ourselves well when our team is f***ed in basketball limbo with prolly 26 other teams for the next 10 years? Yay, we asked our girls to the prom the most impressively...but we're still going stag.

I feel sorry for all those that bought season tickets.

They got it to the point the media was reporting Wade and Bosh signing in Chicago was imminent. Wade was dicking the Bulls around the whole time. What more could they really have done? They almost have enough cap space for two max contracts, have some decent pieces for sign and trades and already have Rose and Noah in place to make the idea of coming to Chicago the best option for most logical people. I mean seriously, if LeBron thinks its a better idea to stay in Cleveland or go to NY then youre not gonna change his mind anyway because he obviously isnt interested in what we have to offer.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
Chicago didn't do anything wrong. I just don't think Wade went into the process with any intention of leaving Miami. I think Chicago did a great job of making him think about it harder, but I also know Wade wanted some drama into their ridiculous documentary about the process.

Pretty sure only Bosh was doing the documentary.

In any event, I think you are wrong. Wade would have come to Chicago is Bosh wouldn't go to Miami. From the sound of things, Bosh's real desire was to play with LeBron, not Wade. Wade was a second option. Wade, therefore, checked out Chicago in case Bosh followed LeBron. LeBron decided he wouldn't leave Cleveland if Bosh would come, but Bosh didn't want to go there. I still don't think LeBron wanted to make the same or less money than Bosh which is why he wouldn't team with him elsewhere.

The only question is whether LeBron has a backup plan or if he is staying in Cleveland.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
I was right, its all about the money, just cant believe toronto settled for trash from miami

Heat are gonna be mediocre next year, especially if we land boozer+SG like ray allen

Or maybe Bosh wanted to go to Miami instead of Chicago (warmer weather, no state income tax).

And the Heat can still get Felton and Haywood, and they'll be contenders if they do so.

Or they could even wind up back in the Lebron hunt after this.

Boozer and Allen isn't going to put the Bulls over the top in the East IMO.

Woj on 670 confirms Bosh/Wade to Miami.

Ball is in LeBron's court, but he'll keep it close to the vest until his announcement tomorrow night.

Teams will have to watch tv like the rest of us, no one knows.

James is milking all the drama he can out of this thing, so he's not telling anyone.

LeBron running Championship of "Me", and he has more pressure on himself to win a championship now than anyone given how he's handled this.

Boozer is going to get max money, and JR doesn't want to pay Boozer max money. - Steve says "I'm ok with this."

LeBron in running to stay in Cleveland, go to Miami, or possibly come to Chicago. New York doesn't seem like a destination.

Why are the Bulls being f***ed over so bad every free agency period when they are begging guys to take there money?

I guess the six championships is all I will get in my lifetime and thats the end of story.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
More Woj - The Bulls very much got swindled by World Wide Wes. Bulls hired Thib and moved Kirk solely based on guarantees given from Wes.

Haha, wow that's just hilarious as a non Bulls fan for an organization to put so much trust in 1 guy if true.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
Haha, wow that's just hilarious as a non Bulls fan for an organization to put so much trust in 1 guy if true.

A couple months ago, he was the powerful man in the NBA. Today, he is a nobody.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
What pisses me off the most is that Bosh is going to sign for 96 million dollars and isn't demanding a S&T. WTF?

So if the Heat don't have to do a sign and trade, they can use Beasley and Chalmers in other sign and trade deals. Big win for them.