NBA Offseason Thread

No the Bulls did not tell the Raptors we will trade whoever it takes to get a s&t done asap.

Im not saying it was a bad decision, just the Bulls left the door open way to long. If they tell Bosh we are going to get your s&t, when Wade and Bosh are in Chicago, perhaps Miami never gets another chance to pitch them.

In the end the Bulls were holding out for Lebron, its been clear that is who the Bulls covet.

Some times you swing and miss, I guess the only good news is the Bulls havent done jack, so they have to be holding some hope that Lebron says yes.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:42 AM)
??

2010: 15th, 439 fans away from 9th place.

2009: 15th, 1,000 away from 7th place.

2008: 8th, 99.3% capacity.

2007: 5th, 100.6% capacity

2006: 4th, 101.8% capacity

2005: 4th, 101.4% capacity

Heat fans are no worse than average NBA fans now. When I first started watching the Heat in the 90's, the stadium was half full on any given night. Hell, before 2005 the Heat had trouble drawing crowds. But that all changed with the title, surprise, surprise.

And they were dropping off the last two years when the title wore off, also surprise surprise. Those attendance numbers would have plumetted right back to about 25th in the league, but now they have Wade and Bosh, so that's not an issue. Unless they don't win anything. Attendance still is irrelevant though in this argument.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:42 AM)
??

2010: 15th, 439 fans away from 9th place.

2009: 15th, 1,000 away from 7th place.

2008: 8th, 99.3% capacity.

2007: 5th, 100.6% capacity

2006: 4th, 101.8% capacity

2005: 4th, 101.4% capacity

Heat fans are no worse than average NBA fans now. When I first started watching the Heat in the 90's, the stadium was half full on any given night. Hell, before 2005 the Heat had trouble drawing crowds. But that all changed with the title, surprise, surprise.

attendance means s*** in the NBA....all arenas (or at least many) sell out because they are significantly smaller than NFL and MLB stadiums....if you think miami/south fla is a good sports town, you are delusional

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:42 AM)
They'll get behind the Heat now though, just like they did when they won the championship a few years back, call it bandwagon fans or whatever.

But clearly Bosh didn't pick Miami over Chicago because Chicago had the better roster or it's a bigger "sports town". The lifestyle, warmer weather, no state income tax, and the chance to play with 2 other max FA's potentially sealed the deal.

Oh I agree with that. The Chicago Bulls haven't been relevant since 1998. I'm just saying Miami is a horrible sports town.

AdamZagoria

"I think KG, Ray and Paul when they all went to the Celtics back in 07, they made that sacrifice and it worked out for them." -- Bosh

Chris, you're an idiot. What sacrifice have they made and what sacrifices are you and Wade making? Did you just use the term "sacrifice" when Wade is going to get 130 million and you're going to get 100? WTF

What a sacrifice.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
No the Bulls did not tell the Raptors we will trade whoever it takes to get a s&t done asap.

Im not saying it was a bad decision, just the Bulls left the door open way to long. If they tell Bosh we are going to get your s&t, when Wade and Bosh are in Chicago, perhaps Miami never gets another chance to pitch them.

In the end the Bulls were holding out for Lebron, its been clear that is who the Bulls covet.

Some times you swing and miss, I guess the only good news is the Bulls havent done jack, so they have to be holding some hope that Lebron says yes.

I'm still not convinced they are completely dead on LeBron yet, even though it feels like they are and I obviously reacted like I think they are. If logic matters here, they still have a shot. Then again, it seems logic may not matter in this case with the way things have played out.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
I'm still not convinced they are completely dead on LeBron yet, even though it feels like they are and I obviously reacted like I think they are. If logic matters here, they still have a shot. Then again, it seems logic may not matter in this case with the way things have played out.

Denial is a terrible thing. WE ARE NOT GETTING LEBRON! It's 41-41 for the Bulls for the next 5 years.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
And now everyone's turning on Bosh.

This is just 2000-2001 all over again after the Magic signed Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady and the Bulls ended up with Eddie Robinson.

Not necessary to go there.

This is just 2000-2001 all over again after the Magic signed Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady and the Bulls ended up with Eddie Robinson.

Sorry bro but Bosh has been a hatable f*** since free agency began, regardless of where he signed. But alright.

Not a good time to come in here and proclaim how much you hate the Bulls. Enjoy being the 2nd best team in Florida, btw.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
Denial is a terrible thing. WE ARE NOT GETTING LEBRON! It's 41-41 for the Bulls for the next 5 years.

Seriously, with the overreactions. The Bulls were the 5th seed and a possible 50 win team last year before Noah and Rose got banged up towards the end of the season. If you add Boozer alone, we're a 50 win team.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
AdamZagoria

"I'm a winner. Dwyane's a winner and we're gonna bring winning to Miami." -- CBosh

Chris, you are f***ing over 100 games under .500 on your career. I'm actually pretty glad we didn't get this turd. Give me Boozer and a solid SG and we'll see what happens.

Yeah this isn't sour grapes at all. Bosh isn't a superstar but he is still a top 10 player in the NBA and is clearly a vastly superior player to Boozer. Hell ,Kobe was 10 games under .500 in the three years between Shaq leaving LA and Gasol arriving in LA.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Sorry bro but Bosh has been a hatable f*** since free agency began, regardless of where he signed. But alright.

What I'm saying though is that if he signed with Chicago, everyone would love him.

This is the FA process unfortunately, it doesn't make it fair what Lebron and to a lesser extent what Wade and Bosh are doing, but it is what it is.