NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)
The Bulls need to understand that no matter what they do, they're going to lose the PR battle and get ripped to shreds by most people since they didn't get any of the top 3. So screw PR, and do whatever is best for the team.

Exactly, the hype/PR side of things is already out the window if Lebron goes elsewhere. At that point it's time to be shrewd, yes it sucks to miss out on the big three, but there's still a lot of money to be played around with on a really strong free agent class.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
Boozer has been running the pick and roll as much as any big man in the NBA the last few years so Boozer could play in either system with ease. My problem with Boozer is that he is one of the worst low post defenders I've seen and he has a really hard time finishing against big men with length. He missed some incredibly easy shots against the Lakers because of his lack of length and athleticism.

And that's the worry in those 2nd round matchups in the playoffs he'd be up against the likes of KG, Howard a little bit etc.

But TT can probably improve Boozer's overall defense a little by playing him next to Noah. The Celtics had Perkins for instance who's an excellent post defender.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)
Wouldn't Noah be taking over those duties though?

He still has to guard someone and Boozer can't move his feet laterally worth a damn so if you put him on someone with any sort of perimeter game he is going to get torched. Against the Lakers if Odom was in the game he got taken off the dribble constantly and when he was guarding Bynum or Gasol he got dominated in the post. Okur generally drew the opposing teams C with Boozer guarding the PF and he still couldn't guard anyone.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
And that's the worry in those 2nd round matchups in the playoffs he'd be up against the likes of KG, Howard a little bit etc.

But TT can probably improve Boozer's overall defense a little by playing him next to Noah. The Celtics had Perkins for instance who's an excellent post defender.

Maybe, but the Celtics had at the minimum solid defenders at every position. Perkins helps make the Celtics a great defensive team but it isn't like KG, Pierce, Allen and Rondo needed Perkins to turn them into competent defenders.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
Exactly, the hype/PR side of things is already out the window if Lebron goes elsewhere. At that point it's time to be shrewd, yes it sucks to miss out on the big three, but there's still a lot of money to be played around with on a really strong free agent class.

The problem with spending too much on this class is you'll have to go into the luxury tax eventually to keep Rose and Noah, and you're not going to be able to build a championship winning team with the rest of this class. So you have to be careful considering Uncle Jerry's stance on the luxury tap.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:06 PM)
With Wade and Bosh in Miami now, I dont understand how LeBron can go back to Cleveland.. they got no chance with the way the East is shaping up so far

Yeah, why play against them when he can play WITH them?

I just wish Woj hadn't told me the Bulls were out of the running for LBJ this morning. The way the Bulls present themselves to these players must be completely turning them off.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 06:06 PM)
Maybe, but the Celtics had at the minimum solid defenders at every position. Perkins helps make the Celtics a great defensive team but it isn't like KG, Pierce, Allen and Rondo needed Perkins to turn them into competent defenders.

Still if you have a dominant defensive big man, your perimeter defenders can get away with a lot of mistakes if they get blown past off the dribble just because they've got that security behind them.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
jgoff670

The word is that Lebron will show up with headbands instead of caps for his "Decision" Show. The corny-ness continues.

WOW HES REALLY GOING TO F*CKING DO THIS

HAHAHAHA. Somebody brought this up before, jokingly. And it's actually happening...

I dont think it has helped the Bulls cause that the Derek Rose has been completely out of sight and out of mind.

I know its his personality, but you have to imagine if Rose shows up with the Bulls contingency in Cleveland and personally pitches Lebron it resonates a lot more.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
jgoff670

The word is that Lebron will show up with headbands instead of caps for his "Decision" Show. The corny-ness continues.

WOW HES REALLY GOING TO F*CKING DO THIS

He's unbelieveable, what an egomaniac. He could go anywhere but the Clippers and it shouldn't surprise us, as much as we think he's down a certain couple of teams.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
I dont think it has helped the Bulls cause that the Derek Rose has been completely out of sight and out of mind.

I know its his personality, but you have to imagine if Rose shows up with the Bulls contingency in Cleveland and personally pitches Lebron it resonates a lot more.

Agreed, lack of Rose involvement was probably the #1 mistake here.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)

I completely agree.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
Yeah, why play against them when he can play WITH them?

Even if he doesn't I like LeBron with the Bulls and LeBron with the Knicks better than Wade and Bosh in Miami.. LeBron comes off as very competitive and you can tell how much he cares about winning.. hes gotta know that going back to Cleveland right now isn't going to get him any closer to a title..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:13 PM)
Even if he doesn't I like LeBron with the Bulls and LeBron with the Knicks better than Wade and Bosh in Miami.. LeBron comes off as very competitive and you can tell how much he cares about winning.. hes gotta know that going back to Cleveland right now isn't going to get him any closer to a title..

Woj has been careful to release any bulls***, and he said this morning that LeBron is not coming to Chicago, and that it's down to Cleveland or Miami. Thus, I have zero hope.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:16 PM)
I feel like I'm waiting for the Powerball drawing tonight. A little part of me envisions what if my numbers hit. But overall know my life's not changing tonight.

Lucky you, "The Decision" isn't even until tomorrow night.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
Woj has been careful to release any bulls***, and he said this morning that LeBron is not coming to Chicago, and that it's down to Cleveland or Miami. Thus, I have zero hope.

He's quoting an official from a team that made a presentation. I'm guessing Russian Cuban who said the Bulls had no chance. That's nothing new.