NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
They said on 670 that LeBron is flying tonight to Miami to have dinner with Wade and Bosh....could me something could mean nothing.

They were making fun of the (miami?) Herald for printing completely unsubstantiated rumors and asked "is this what the media has become?" or something along those lines.

What will be funny is when the Wade, Lebron, Bosh team doesnt win any Championships.

They may all be great, but its not the best line up construction. Lebron/Wade should be looking for a team with a great pg and a great defensive center. I also wonder how they are going to find enough shots to appease them all.

The Bulls were the perfect situation, whatever they did/didnt do, cost them.

The one thing I still like to cling to is the Bulls silence. While some say its heartbreak and a scramble for plan B, I don't necessarily agree.

Maybe the reason no one on ESPN/Yahoo/etc. is connecting LBJ to Chicago anymore is because there hasn't been anything out of Chicago in f***ing days. But honestly, what legitimately has happened that would have hurt Chicago's chances since this whole thing started (besides WWW)? Maybe the Bulls aren't saying a f***ing word because they feel good.

I DONT KNOW DAMNIT JUST LET ME HAVE SOME HOPE YOU BASTAGES SO I CAN PROLONG THE SUICIDE WATCH FOR ANOTHER DAY

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
What will be funny is when the Wade, Lebron, Bosh team doesnt win any Championships.

They may all be great, but its not the best line up construction. Lebron/Wade should be looking for a team with a great pg and a great defensive center. I also wonder how they are going to find enough shots to appease them all.

lmao. dude, if Lebron goes to Miami it's a wrap. The Bulls failed miserably. This organization is a complete mess right now.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:20 PM)
lmao. dude, if Lebron goes to Miami it's a wrap. The Bulls failed miserably. This organization a complete mess right now.

IF LBJ goes to miami, they will win 3 of the next 4 titles, if not all of them.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
They also said the Bulls are reportedly trying to get David Lee....Bulls aren't getting jack this offseason.

Shows you how much I follow the NBA these days. I have no idea who David Lee is. :P

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
Woj has been careful to release any bulls***, and he said this morning that LeBron is not coming to Chicago, and that it's down to Cleveland or Miami. Thus, I have zero hope.

I wouldn't believe any of that stuff..

No one knows what LeBron is going to do, nothing is getting leaked from him.. its all speculation, and why wouldn't the main speculation right now be him staying in Cleveland or going to Miami? Doesn't mean the Bulls are out of it yet..

I still hold a 10% hope that Lebron is going to the Bulls.

Here would be my theory:

Bulls had a chance at Wade/Bosh, but wouldnt commit because they wanted Lebron. They go to the meeting with Lebron and tell him, your #1, whatever you want we do.

Lebron originally tells the Bulls he wants Bosh or Wade, so the Bulls try and get this done. As the week progresses and Lebron sees the show Bosh and Wade are putting on, Lebron begins to have second thoughts about playing with them. They may be friends, but perhaps Lebron doesnt want a circus?

Lebron goes back to the Bulls and tells them, hell only come if Bosh/Wade dont.

Bulls agree with Lebron and now are working on some different plan to get the player that Lebron wants.

Its the only scenario that would be working in the Bulls favor. Otherwise I think the Bulls were in the lead until Amare went to NYK and started pitching Lebron. The only thing against NYK is that Lebron may not want to play there because Jay-Z is the Nets owner and they are friends.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)
The odds of a Wade/Lebron/Bosh team not winning any championships (with them remaining healthy) would have to be ridiculously low.

They would win the title next season, im almost sure of that..

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
Heck ya he is. Dude might be a doucher but unfortunately it's impossible to argue how damn good he is.

This board is ridiculous. If we had gotten Bosh he'd be a top 5 player. Now he's not even a top 10. Don't be mad at Bosh because our team is s*** and will always be s***.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)

People asked the same questions about shots when the Celtics got Allen and Garnett, if the three of them are going to willingly play on the same team I'm guessing they will be fine giving up some shots to win championships.

As for not having a great PG or great defensive C, the Chicago Bulls won their last 3 titles with Ron Harper as their PG and Longley as their C. Solid players no doubt but hardly great. Of course I don't think Wade and LeBron will be quite as good of a duo as Pippen and Jordan but it is close.

I actually dont think Wade/Bosh/Lebron match up that well against the Lakers or potentially other teams in the West.

They have no defensive big man. One of Lebron/Wade would primarily take over ball handling, and you just may have a team that wins 70+ games, but against the best team could lose 4 out of 7.

Even Boston's line up would give them some trouble.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
I actually dont think Wade/Bosh/Lebron match up that well against the Lakers or potentially other teams in the West.

They have no defensive big man. One of Lebron/Wade would primarily take over ball handling, and you just may have a team that wins 70+ games, but against the best team could lose 4 out of 7.

Even Boston's line up would give them some trouble.

You're crazy.. It took game 7 for the Lakers to beat this Celtics team with Ray Allen no showing half the series and an over the hill KG.. and you think they would beat Wade/LeBron/Bosh?

Theres no way, it doesnt matter who the other two starters are on that team.. they would be trampling people..

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:25 PM)
the bulls actions pretty much are self explanitory....you would think if the bulls seriously thought lebron might come to chicago they'd have a big man locked up to entice him more to come....but they dont....

Well that would be impossible since they can't sign 2 maxes for sure, so maybe they would actually want to have him before they ship off pieces to clear the final cap space..

It's not like locking up Boozer now or Saturday makes any difference

I look at it like this

LeBron with very little around him was good enough to win 60+ games the last two years.. but give him two more stars, Wade AND Bosh.. that team would set the all time season wins record..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)
You're crazy.. It took game 7 for the Lakers to beat this Celtics team with Ray Allen no showing half the series and an over the hill KG.. and you think they would beat Wade/LeBron/Bosh?

Theres no way, it doesnt matter who the other two starters are on that team.. they would be trampling people..

lol. Look at that s***ty Heat team that won the title in 2006. And we're supposed to believe Lebron/Wade/Bosh would struggle? LMAO.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)
Well that would be impossible since they can't sign 2 maxes for sure, so maybe they would actually want to have him before they ship off pieces to clear the final cap space..

It's not like locking up Boozer now or Saturday makes any difference

Thank you John Paxson for the Luol Deng extension!