NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:29 PM)
I guess then the NBA shouldnt have a season because Miami is going to win the title.

My guess is that Miami would not be favorites against the field.

IF they sign LeBron, the only thing that would get in their way would be injury.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:29 PM)
I guess then the NBA shouldnt have a season because Miami is going to win the title.

If Lebron goes to Miami, Ill gladly take the field.

My guess is that Miami would not be favorites against the field.

And ide say you're guess would be wrong.. they would be the favorites hands down

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Well that would be impossible since they can't sign 2 maxes for sure, so maybe they would actually want to have him before they ship off pieces to clear the final cap space..

It's not like locking up Boozer now or Saturday makes any difference

i just see them being quiet as a bad thing.....you hear all these reports about miami trying to entice james to come and be the next big 3....but you don't hear anything out of chicago on them calling for another meeting or anything like that....hell the knicks even got a 2nd meeting with his associates....

Favorites, is different than what im saying.

Im saying if you add all the chances of every team vs. Miami, that the "field" would be the favorite.

Which means that while Miami would have the best odds of any single team, they would not have a better chance than all teams.

If Lebron goes to Miami, I may just put a bet on the field (if they would even allow such a proposition bet), just so that when they undoubtedly fail for whatever reason, injury, spaceship crash, sun spots, I can laugh.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
This board is ridiculous. If we had gotten Bosh he'd be a top 5 player. Now he's not even a top 10. Don't be mad at Bosh because our team is s*** and will always be s***.

considering a lot of us were arguing that trading noah for bosh would be a bad idea, this isn't true.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
considering a lot of us were arguing that trading noah for bosh would be a bad idea, this isn't true.

What exactly was the context of this argument because Bosh is so vastly superior to Noah as a player that it would be ludicrous not to trade Noah for Bosh if that is the only way you could get him.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:25 PM)
the bulls actions pretty much are self explanitory....you would think if the bulls seriously thought lebron might come to chicago they'd have a big man locked up to entice him more to come....but they dont....

I see it the other way. If the Bulls knew they didn't have a shot at LeBron, they'd be hard after Boozer or Lee. But they at least think they have a shot, so they are keeping the cap space open for him. We don't need to sign an Amare because we already have a Rose and Noah.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
Unless the Lakers get Chris Paul or Dwight Howard there's nothing they could do. Lebron goes to Miami and it's curtains for the rest of the league.

And its not even close

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
Unless the Lakers get Chris Paul or Dwight Howard there's nothing they could do. Lebron goes to Miami and it's curtains for the rest of the league.

no doubt about it....best way to think about it is if you added bosh to the cavs how much better that team would be....then make moe williams like 3 times better to equal wade...ridiculous

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
I'm going to laugh my ass off if we overpay for Boozer or Lee. We've already got the most overpaid SF in the league. Why not have the most overpaid SF AND PF!!!

Gay is far more overpaid than Deng

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
I really believe if the Bulls thought they were f***ed they'd be doing a lot more crisis control and spinning. But hey f*** me for hanging on to hope.

chadfordinsider: Bulls, Nets & Cavs intensify negotiations with Boozer in an effort to woo LeBron

my hope is back

I would have to believe that he will pick Cleveland tonight. To go through all this crap to announce his decision on tv, it would be a real slap in the face to his hometown if he chose another team. Him leaving Cleveland basically ruins that franchise and it would be easier to sign with another team without the adding more gas to this out of control FA fire.

i don't know how anyone could stay in cleveland. Place is awful. Miami i get. I unno. Remember 6 years ago when we thought it was nuts the lakers could add glove and malone? Now teams are hoarding legit prime-age superstars. Sigh. The rest of us are fail.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
I really believe if the Bulls thought they were f***ed they'd be doing a lot more crisis control and spinning. But hey f*** me for hanging on to hope.

I just can't buy into this LBJ to Miami thing. A, if he was going, wouldn't he have just announced with the other guys? This alone makes you think he wants to do his thing on his own.

I also heard Bosh specifically state that one of the reasons he didn't go to Cleveland was that he didn't know that Lebron was in fact staying there and that LBJ had to make up his own mind. I really don't think LBJ knows what is up.

We can only hope that the Bulls can do whatever is necessary to look like LBJ's best shot at countering Wade/Bosh because I just don't see LBJ going and playing with two other guys and kind of cheapening his name. But that is just me.

My gut tells me the Bulls still have a chance and if we were in fact out, we'd be hearing spin from the org. I do think we need to sign Lee or Boozer ASAP to truly let Lebron know what is up.

The Knicks could be back as an option too. They can get a 3rd max guy next season and that might be enough to attract Lebron. I never though they'd be in this race, but what the hell do I know, the thing I'm most confident in (not happening) could end up being the thing I'm most wrong about (the super team in Miami).

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
I would have to believe that he will pick Cleveland tonight. To go through all this crap to announce his decision on tv, it would be a real slap in the face to his hometown if he chose another team. Him leaving Cleveland basically ruins that franchise and it would be easier to sign with another team without the adding more gas to this out of control FA fire.

I thought the same until today. Wade/Bosh makes the Heat the favorites now. The Cavs can't really compete. It's either Miami/NY.