NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:52 AM)
I thought the same until today. Wade/Bosh makes the Heat the favorites now. The Cavs can't really compete. It's either Miami/NY.

I don't think the Heat are better than the Magic because the Heat currently don't have the depth. If James goes to Miami than everything swings to Miami for a long time in the East.

Right now, I don't think the Heat are who I'd be betting on to win the NBA finals or even represent the Eastern conference in the NBA Finals. They are a better deep, but a very very thin team.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
If the Bulls land Lee or Boozer and miss on LBJ, I think you'll see them overpay Allen or get a Reddick or Mike Miller.

That sounds about right as to what will happen. Could the Bulls even afford LBJ if they did get a Boozer agreement done ASAP btw?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
I thought the same until today. Wade/Bosh makes the Heat the favorites now. The Cavs can't really compete. It's either Miami/NY.

I just don't understand why the Knicks would be favored over the Bulls at this point but who the f*** knows. I never really believed we were going to get LeBron but there's no reason for me to believe that the Bulls are completely out of the race at right now.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
That sounds about right as to what will happen. Could the Bulls even afford LBJ if they did get a Boozer agreement done ASAP btw?

I believe you'd have to talk Boozer into taking a non-max deal leaving enough for a max deal.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
Awesome!

I actually think a Rose/Allen/Deng/Boozer (or Lee)/Noah front court with Gibson and some parts on the bench is actually one of the best teams in the East. The problem is long-term it isn't the biggest answer.

I will say the Bulls are'nt completely screwed. Rose can still turn into the batman and has the tools to be that, but the Bulls still need to find a Robin to go along with Noah. Who that will be, I don't know, but Boozer or Lee are both pretty solid players. I still believe the Bulls org is handling things appropriately, the problem is I'm not sure who out there we could just go out and trade for?

Not many really top players on the block in my opinion: Chris Paul is, but doesn't fit us. Could we get involved in a 3 team deal where another team gets Paul and gives up one of its prime stars...I guess, but why would a team get Paul only to subtract another guy).

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
I just don't understand why the Knicks would be favored over the Bulls at this point but who the f*** knows. I never really believed we were going to get LeBron but there's no reason for me to believe that the Bulls are completely out of the race at right now.

Amare.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)

As long as it wasn't for the max. And Boozer isn't worth the max. The Bulls need to hope they can get a guy that will come in and play for about 13M. If they do that they will be ok and have plenty of money for a 2nd option or a potential future max.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
I will say the Bulls are completely screwed. Rose can still turn into the batman and has the tools to be that, but the Bulls still need to find a Robin to go along with Noah. Who that will be, I don't know, but Boozer or Lee are both pretty solid players. the problem is I'm not sure who out there we could just go out and trade for?

Hit the nail on the head right here.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Amare.

LeBron is asking for a long career without rings if he goes to New York for that reason. If he goes to NY, it's more likely because he think Carmelo will be there soon (well, and to make as much money in endorsements as possible). But is that worth the risk?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)

I'm sure Cleveland knows they cant bring no other free agents in and expect James to come back home.

Maybe Boozer goes back to Cleveland?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
Hit the nail on the head right here.

I meant to say, aren't completely screwed. It definitely isn't pretty and our rebuilding will last longer. The team will have to be very creative and find another way to eventually find a 2nd guy. Basically, now, they need to hope Rose is the guy and than you can find the 2nd fiddle guy, hopefully a little easier.

Maybe they can pull a Horford out of Atlanta in time or work some huge deal with the Clippers for Blake Griffin? I have no idea, just throwing s*** at a wall but quite frankly that is what the Bulls will need to do after this.

Short term they can go Lee or Boozer + Allen and be alright. I happen to actually think Reddick would be a great fit in Chicago, especially next to LBJ. I'd be happy with LBJ/Reddick/Haywood.

We'd have a deep team with enough star power and nice balance, imo.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Amare.

Even with Amar'e, the Bulls roster is so much better than the Knicks it's not even funny. He'd be an idiot(and hell he very may well be one) to go to the Knicks for that reason.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)
I meant to say, aren't completely screwed. It definitely isn't pretty and our rebuilding will last longer. The team will have to be very creative and find another way to eventually find a 2nd guy. Basically, now, they need to hope Rose is the guy and than you can find the 2nd fiddle guy, hopefully a little easier.

Maybe they can pull a Horford out of Atlanta in time or work some huge deal with the Clippers for Blake Griffin? I have no idea, just throwing s*** at a wall but quite frankly that is what the Bulls will need to do after this.

Short term they can go Lee or Boozer + Allen and be alright. I happen to actually think Reddick would be a great fit in Chicago, especially next to LBJ. I'd be happy with LBJ/Reddick/Haywood.

We'd have a deep team with enough star power and nice balance, imo.

If you get LeBron you are automatically a contender just by pairing him with Rose and Noah. LeBron took a bunch of garbage to the NBA finals a few years ago. He certainly is capable of winning a title with Rose as his #2. The problem is that without LeBron, the Bulls basically have no hope of winning a championship for at least the next 5 years and probably longer unless they luck into a superstar in the draft again or a team decides to give them a star for nothing in return like Memphis giving the Lakers Gasol.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
Even with Amar'e, the Bulls roster is so much better than the Knicks it's not even funny. He'd be an idiot(and hell he very may well be one) to go to the Knicks for that reason.

Rose > Amare. However, LBJ might feel that Rose isn't near as good next to him as he is by himself.

We need to hope that Drose and Noah show up at this basketball camp to recruit him to Chicago. That is what I f***ing want and what we f***ing need. Time to go all in.

I'll even buy the plane tickets.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:01 PM)

I think you are underestimating LeBron and his "crew's" motives. One of LeBron's main goals is to become the next Billion dollar athlete. He is likely looking at the roster in New York and thinking it's no worse than Cleveland's and he could make millions more in endorsements.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
If you get LeBron you are automatically a contender just by pairing him with Rose and Noah. LeBron took a bunch of garbage to the NBA finals a few years ago. He certainly is capable of winning a title with Rose as his #2. The problem is that without LeBron, the Bulls basically have no hope of winning a championship for at least the next 5 years and probably longer unless they luck into a superstar in the draft again or a team decides to give them a star for nothing in return like Memphis giving the Lakers Gasol.

I just can't predict what will happen 5 years from now. Now if LBJ goes to Miami, yes, we are most likely f***ed. However, if he doesn't, than all we need is to hit right on one guy. Is it easy, no, but possible, certainly. The hard part is going to be managing that flexibility while still improving.

The Bulls could also pull off a deal that got them Al Jefferson right now.

I don't know, but I wouldn't quit until this is over and if we don't land one of these guys, I won't be pissed at the Bulls because they gave it there best, but I will be pissed that we never had Noah/Rose making a pitch. Someone needs to tell Derrick that we need LBJ to be great and get Rose/Noah on the 1st flights out to Lebron Mansion and sell him on how much they want him on the Bulls and the great things they can do. Hell, lets put Boozer or Lee on the plane too so they can tell James in person that they will be signing with the Bulls as well.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
I think you are underestimating LeBron and his "crew's" motives. One of LeBron's main goals is to become the next Billion dollar athlete. He is likely looking at the roster in New York and thinking it's no worse than Cleveland's and he could make millions more in endorsements.

Exactly, which is why he's not going to Miami. You can't become a billion dollar athlete as part of a big 3 in South Florida. He's either staying home or money grabbing.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)

And if that is the case, he'd be a buffoon to go to Miami. He will lose money playing with 2 other big name stars.