NBA Offseason Thread

If the Bulls want Lebron, Rose has to make a call, or show up.

The reason why NYK is all of a sudden a hot rumor is because Amare is courting Lebron. It isnt enough that the ownership/management wants him, he wants to know that the team wants him.

I feel like Lebron wanted to be a Bull, but is getting strange vibes from the players.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
If the Bulls want Lebron, Rose has to make a call, or show up.

The reason why NYK is all of a sudden a hot rumor is because Amare is courting Lebron. It isnt enough that the ownership/management wants him, he wants to know that the team wants him.

I feel like Lebron wanted to be a Bull, but is getting strange vibes from the players.

Agreed. I remember hearing some people say that Rose's shyness might be a problem when he came into the league, and we might be seeing it now.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Al Jefferson is someone I'd be all about if that's a realisitic possibility. Dude pretty much was Chris Bosh a few seasons ago.

He is only 1 year younger than Bosh. I would love to get Jefferson, I just don't see how the Bulls have the pieces to make a deal work.

Edit: I think I misinterpreted the point you were making.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:07 AM)
Am I an idiot for saying I'd rather have Jefferson than Lee or Boozer?

No, but there are questions surrounding Jefferson. I wonder if we could pull of some sort of deal for Jefferson, using Deng/picks as bait.

Than the Bulls have enough money to go after LBJ plus spread out money to guys like Reddick/Allen. Bulls would have low post presence (Noah/Asik at C; Jefferson/Gibson at the 4), nice depth at the 2 that can shoot the long-ball (Reddick/Allen), and of course Rose/James.

That would be pretty sick.

Completely delusional, but sick nonetheless.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Agreed. I remember hearing some people say that Rose's shyness might be a problem when he came into the league, and we might be seeing it now.

Reasons Wade/Lebron/Bosh didn't sign with Chicago in 2010:

(1) Gar, Pax and Jerry not physically forcing Bosh to sign a contract and/or properly ransoming Wade's kids;

(2) Rose being too shy;

(3) Benny the Bull not cheering hard enough;

Any more?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)

And ownership/management needs to talk to Rose and tell him how pivotal this is for the team and organization and work on making something happen. I wonder why Noah hasn't been involved?

Maybe they feel having Noah there without Rose would be a really bad sign, so much so, that they'd rather send no one at all.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)
He is only 1 year younger than Bosh. I would love to get Jefferson, I just don't see how the Bulls have the pieces to make a deal work.

I know. And 2 seasons ago he put up stats very similar to what Chris did this season. It's not too big of a stretch to think he can get back to those numbers as a member of the Bulls.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:12 PM)
No, but there are questions surrounding Jefferson. I wonder if we could pull of some sort of deal for Jefferson, using Deng/picks as bait.

Why would the Wolves want Deng? We just drafted Wes Johnson and traded for Martell Webster.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Al Jefferson is someone I'd be all about if that's a realisitic possibility. Dude pretty much was Chris Bosh a few seasons ago.

I like Jefferson A LOT, but he's not quite that good, even when healthy. Big Al has some of the best post moves in the league, but he's not as good a shooter as Bosh and doesn't get to the line nearly as often.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned anything about this but...how do you think the Bulls Brass (namely Reinsdorf) feels about all of this. This could be the third time the Bulls have had cap room, swung for the fences and got pretty much nothing. I'm not saying any of the previous, McGrady or Kobe, would have been good or bad for the Bulls, but they wanted those players, they pitched those players, they lost those players. Now, the Bulls might have the cap room AGAIN and get shut out of the top three.

If I'm management, I forget about free agents except for filler and go draft all the way.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
And ownership/management needs to talk to Rose and tell him how pivotal this is for the team and organization and work on making something happen. I wonder why Noah hasn't been involved?

Maybe they feel having Noah there without Rose would be a really bad sign, so much so, that they'd rather send no one at all.

4) Noah's hair too out of control (or perhaps not out of control enough?)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
Reasons Wade/Lebron/Bosh didn't sign with Chicago in 2010:

(1) Gar, Pax and Jerry not physically forcing Bosh to sign a contract and/or properly ransoming Wade's kids;

(2) Rose being too shy;

(3) Benny the Bull not cheering hard enough;

Any more?

So you think it hasn't hurt us at all that Wade was out there recruiting people to Miami, Amar'e is all over LeBron to come to New York, and our star player is just doing nothing? Good call.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
I like Jefferson A LOT, but he's not quite that good, even when healthy. Big Al has some of the best post moves in the league, but he's not as good a shooter as Bosh and doesn't get to the line nearly as often.

I just meant statistically, not style of play.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
So you think it hasn't hurt us at all that Wade was out there recruiting people to Miami, Amar'e is all over LeBron to come to New York, and our star player is just doing nothing? Good call.

I think it's ridiculous to start throwing out "Rose is too shy" as an excuse.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
I just meant statistically, not style of play.

Bosh is still a bit better because he takes 16 FG attempts to get his 22-24 points. Al on the other hand took 17.6 to get 21 three years ago and 19.5 to get 23 the year he got hurt.

I'm not trying to knock Jefferson, he's one of my favorite players (just ask Steve or Slav :P ), but Bosh is better.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Do we actually know that Rose did nothing? Just cause he's not all over the media saying he's recruiting, doesn't actually mean he hasn't.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:18 PM)
Do we actually know that Rose did nothing? Just cause he's not all over the media saying he's recruiting, doesn't actually mean he hasn't.

It's been out there he hasn't done much. I even saw him on an interview on Comcast a few days back saying he's not doing much because the decisions are up to the players.

and you are sure Rose did nothing? Just because he didnt plaster his face all over ESPN and blab on twitter 24/7 doesnt mean he wasnt making calls and recruiting

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)

Low post moves are what we lack though. I'm not as concerned if he isn't a tremendous shooter. I think he plays more like a big than Bosh does. Bosh is the better player, specifically because he is superior defensively in every way, but a healthy Jefferson is no slouch.

I don't know why you always hear about Minny trading him, but I wonder if there is some sort of 3 way deal that could interest the Wolves. I dont' even know what the Wolves would be interested in.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
and you sure Rose did nothing? Just because he didnt plaster his face all over ESPN and blab on twitter 24/7 doesnt mean he wasnt making calls and recruiting

Well we know he wasn't out there and it appears sources in Cleveland indicated Lebron has felt like Rose isn't interested in having him play there. If that is the case, the Bulls need to change the perception, otherwise perception becomes reality.