NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:18 PM)
So, why do you think the Bulls struck out?

Because s*** happens? Because the system is designed for superstar players to stay at home? Because they all have pre-existing relationships that a phone call from Rose or Noah wouldn't have changed?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
I know. And 2 seasons ago he put up stats very similar to what Chris did this season. It's not too big of a stretch to think he can get back to those numbers as a member of the Bulls.

Yeah, I realized that after I re-read your post.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
Because s*** happens? Because the system is designed for superstar players to stay at home? Because they all have pre-existing relationships that a phone call from Rose or Noah wouldn't have changed?

What if LeBron leaves? That means 2 of the top 3 left, yet the Bulls still failed.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)
I don't know why you always hear about Minny trading him, but I wonder if there is some sort of 3 way deal that could interest the Wolves. I dont' even know what the Wolves would be interested in.

Shooting guard or athletic big men.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
@jaredDudley619

Breaking News!!! My sources tell me Lebron will announce that he will be goin to the NY KNICKS tomorrow on ESPN.. This is serious.. WOW!!!!

Is this true? If we lose out to the Knicks, I'm done. Wow that would be pathetic. They have pure s*** compared to us. But I at least believe it is a pretty place to go play than Miami in terms of a sports and business perspective.

But come on, if Amare was enough to convince you, than maybe the Bulls can still wiggle in?

And Byron Scott was at LBJ's camp but says he didn't talk to Lebron. That would seem odd.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
Is this true? If we lose out to the Knicks, I'm done. Wow that would be pathetic. They have pure s*** compared to us. But I at least believe it is a pretty place to go play than Miami in terms of a sports and business perspective.

But come on, if Amare was enough to convince you, than maybe the Bulls can still wiggle in?

And Byron Scott was at LBJ's camp but says he didn't talk to Lebron. That would seem odd.

I wouldn't count on Jared Dudley's words as gospel.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
So than why trade Jefferson in the first place?

Expensive, slow, can't play with Love, no defense.

Jefferson is a very good offensive player, but if we can move him for someone that fills a bigger need on the team, it'd make sense. I'm not completely convinced that moving Big Al is needed (and I certainly don't get the David Lee rumors or the idea of moving him strictly as a salary dump), but if we want to give Love more playing time, it makes some sense.

Edited by Felix

Unless the Bulls told Rose not to get involved, you really do have to wonder where he has been in all of this. I understand if he didnt want to choose sides over Wade/Lebron, but he could at least be saying that hed love to have either. And today he could be making a pitch for Lebron.

It wouldnt hurt, but you just have to wonder what is up. The Bulls were seemingly front runners, yet the Bulls players are just sitting on the sidelines?

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
Unless the Bulls told Rose not to get involved, you really do have to wonder where he has been in all of this. I understand if he didnt want to chose sides over Wade/Lebron, but he could at least be saying that hed love to have either. And today he could be making a pitch for Lebron.

It wouldnt hurt, but you just have to wonder what is up. The Bulls were seemingly front runners, yet the Bulls players are just sitting on the sidelines?

Noah seems like a guy that would do anything possible to win so I can't see him sitting on the sidelines. Either the Bulls know they have won out (and that is why we haven't seen them do a full course press) or the players just weren't interested.

It would certainly appear that they (Rose) just wasn't interested.

Scott says his fingers are crossed. That would make me think that it isn't 100% that he is going to Cleveland. Knicks reporter saying Knicks hearing it will be Clevealnd but they still have hope and nothing is finalized.

This will be a key 24 hours, make some calls, do whatever the f*** you have to. I want to hear that Reinsdorf/Pax/Gar are on the phone with every big name out there trying to ink them prior to making another pitch at LBJ. I want to know that Noah/Rose are going to go over and sing "Come and Knock on my Door...we've been waiting for you....three's company too".

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)
Low post moves are what we lack though. I'm not as concerned if he isn't a tremendous shooter. I think he plays more like a big than Bosh does. Bosh is the better player, specifically because he is superior defensively in every way, but a healthy Jefferson is no slouch.

I don't know why you always hear about Minny trading him, but I wonder if there is some sort of 3 way deal that could interest the Wolves. I dont' even know what the Wolves would be interested in.

A strong pick-and-roll big man is probably a better fit than a guy that needs to set up in the post and dribble for 5 seconds before shooting or passing it back out. Taking the ball out of Rose's hands and reducing his chances to penetrate doesn't really benefit the team.

They'd also need a really strong 3-point shooter on the wing to complement those two since neither is the most efficient scorer. All needs at least 17 shots to get to the 20's most nights and so does Rose right now. Deng is a terrible fit with those two since he's another guy that needs like 14 attempts to get to the high teens and none of those guys can hit 3's.

As for the Wolves, they really need a legit 2-guard as all of their perimeter players are either point guards or small forwards right now. A solid center would also help.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Why the hell would LeBron go to New York? Their team sucks, even with Amare. And endorsement money wouldn't be much different than if he went to Chicago.

I respectfully disagree with that point. Chicago is enormous, but New York on it's own planet.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
I respectfully disagree with that point. Chicago is enormous, but New York on it's own planet.

I think you're blowing it out of proportion. It's not like he'll be relegated to doing Bob Rorhman and public access commercials here.

what people arent realizing is, supposing lebron hasnt made up his mind yet, we cant fit bron+boozer into the cap, but we could have if we had signed boozer when demand was much lower

Now boozer will get a max deal, and by putting all their chips into world wide wes, they have unintentionally f***ed this team for at least five more years

Solution; give boozer max right now, and then get rayray on the damn phone

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
As for the Wolves, they really need a legit 2-guard as all of their perimeter players are either point guards or small forwards right now. A solid center would also help.

But we've got Darko!!!!1

Really, I think the biggest need is a 2-guard that can actually shoot the damned ball. Although Corey Brewer took some big steps forward last year with his shooting, he's likely better suited as energy off the bench. A defensive big man down low would be also be nice, although I think we're probably going to head into next year with Darko and Pekovic at the 5. We need another big man for the rotation assuming we trade Jefferson, but that doesn't change the fact that a guard is our biggest weakness right now.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)

How many New York Knicks went world wide like MJ?

Ask somebody in China about Patrick Ewing and they'll have no freaking idea. Ask somebody in China about Michael Jordan and their faces will light up.

Man, I'm pretty pissed off about this whole situation....couple thoughts

1. Wade played Chicago, not a doubt in my mind. His interview with Wilbon where he pretty much jumbled his words so badly that he stated that his kids were important but he felt he had to leave "emotion" out of his decision.....well, either he's a cold hearted prick or he was just using his kids as a means of adding credibility to his consideration of joining the Bulls. I always thought it odd that Wade was considering the Bulls after having just badmouthed the organization for being disloyal....I guess I just looked past that in hopes of having him on our team.

2. Chris Bosh annoys me.....and the most amazing thing to me in this whole FA mess is that Chris Bosh dictated the terms for what Wade and LBJ are doing. Not sure how in the hell he managed that, but he did.

3. I actually am going to come out of this respecting Lebron more than either Bosh or Wade regardless of where he goes (the ridiculousness of the announcement show is beside the point). He's done an absolutely incredible job of keeping quiet and keeping his circle of trust small. He hasn't given interviews, mysterious tweets, etc....he's just gone about his business like a professional. Of the big3, he's shown the greatest restraint and has held his ego in check (pretty crazy for an egomaniac)

4. Paxson needs to go. He's been here for over 7 years and, outside of a lucky lottery pick, has not accomplished anything. I don't even want him canned for missing the big 3 because, from what we know, he did what he could. The thing is, what if someone else could do more than he could. 7 years is long enough to sense a trend, and for the Bulls that trend seems to be mediocrity and a difficult time recruiting talent.

If I was Lebron, I'd MUCH rather go with the Nets than the Knicks.

I don't think most people realize the potential power Prokhorov brings to the table in terms of helping market players globally.

IMO, if LBJ wants to be a billionaire, the Nets are his quickest path there.