NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
Man, I'm pretty pissed off about this whole situation....couple thoughts

1. Wade played Chicago, not a doubt in my mind. His interview with Wilbon where he pretty much jumbled his words so badly that he stated that his kids were important but he felt he had to leave "emotion" out of his decision.....well, either he's a cold hearted prick or he was just using his kids as a means of adding credibility to his consideration of joining the Bulls. I always thought it odd that Wade was considering the Bulls after having just badmouthed the organization for being disloyal....I guess I just looked past that in hopes of having him on our team.

2. Chris Bosh annoys me.....and the most amazing thing to me in this whole FA mess is that Chris Bosh dictated the terms for what Wade and LBJ are doing. Not sure how in the hell he managed that, but he did.

3. I actually am going to come out of this respecting Lebron more than either Bosh or Wade regardless of where he goes (the ridiculousness of the announcement show is beside the point). He's done an absolutely incredible job of keeping quiet and keeping his circle of trust small. He hasn't given interviews, mysterious tweets, etc....he's just gone about his business like a professional. Of the big3, he's shown the greatest restraint and has held his ego in check (pretty crazy for an egomaniac)

4. Paxson needs to go. He's been here for over 7 years and, outside of a lucky lottery pick, has not accomplished anything. I don't even want him canned for missing the big 3 because, from what we know, he did what he could. The thing is, what if someone else could do more than he could. 7 years is long enough to sense a trend, and for the Bulls that trend seems to be mediocrity and a difficult time recruiting talent.

I agree, I still hate him more than any other player though. I think Wade is now up there at a close 2nd

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
If I was Lebron, I'd MUCH rather go with the Nets than the Knicks.

I don't think most people realize the potential power Prokhorov brings to the table in terms of helping market players globally.

IMO, if LBJ wants to be a billionaire, the Nets are his quickest path there.

If he wants to go to the Nets, he should just do the deal with Cleveland which he can opt out of after 3 years, give the Cavs a few more chances to win a ring with him, and then go to the Nets when they are in Brooklyn.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
If I was Lebron, I'd MUCH rather go with the Nets than the Knicks.

I don't think most people realize the potential power Prokhorov brings to the table in terms of helping market players globally.

IMO, if LBJ wants to be a billionaire, the Nets are his quickest path there.

And they're in a better situation. They have good, young talent. Devin Harris is one of the best PGs in the East. Brook Lopez has potential.

A 30 win Knicks team w/o Lee and w/ Amare probably makes them an 8th seed playoff team at best. That's nothing interesting.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
Same answer. It has nothing to do with the Bulls or their players.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5361014&a...egoryid=2459788

Base on the interview with Wade and Bosh, it seems that they made their decisions base on flexibility, which Miami does hold the advantage over the Bulls. I guess Bosh told Wade that he wants to play with him, whether it’s in New York, Chicago or Miami. The Bulls already have Derrick Rose, who needs the ball in his hands to be effective, and he is cut from the same cloth as Wade is in several aspects. I guess their decision of bolting from the Bulls has to do with already having a guy like Rose on the team and doesn’t have the flexibility to sign someone else. If the Bulls only have Noah and a guy like Gallinari on the team, I could see them being a front runner for both of them

So in some sense, it really has to do with who is on the team.

What I also got from that interview is that it’s more apparent Lebron will not join them in Miami, because Lebron and Wade needs the ball, and signing Lebron will go against their luxury of having flexibility. Even Lebron himself might not join the two because his stats will take a big hit similar to the big three in Boston, and he be pull himself out of the G.O.A.T conversation when it’s all said and done.

I believe he will choose between Cleveland, New York, Chicago, Miami, and New Jersey in that order.

Probably something like Cleveland 60%, New York 20%, Chicago 10% Miami and NJ both 5%

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
Man, I'm pretty pissed off about this whole situation....couple thoughts

1. Wade played Chicago, not a doubt in my mind. His interview with Wilbon where he pretty much jumbled his words so badly that he stated that his kids were important but he felt he had to leave "emotion" out of his decision.....well, either he's a cold hearted prick or he was just using his kids as a means of adding credibility to his consideration of joining the Bulls. I always thought it odd that Wade was considering the Bulls after having just badmouthed the organization for being disloyal....I guess I just looked past that in hopes of having him on our team.

2. Chris Bosh annoys me.....and the most amazing thing to me in this whole FA mess is that Chris Bosh dictated the terms for what Wade and LBJ are doing. Not sure how in the hell he managed that, but he did.

3. I actually am going to come out of this respecting Lebron more than either Bosh or Wade regardless of where he goes (the ridiculousness of the announcement show is beside the point). He's done an absolutely incredible job of keeping quiet and keeping his circle of trust small. He hasn't given interviews, mysterious tweets, etc....he's just gone about his business like a professional. Of the big3, he's shown the greatest restraint and has held his ego in check (pretty crazy for an egomaniac)

4. Paxson needs to go. He's been here for over 7 years and, outside of a lucky lottery pick, has not accomplished anything. I don't even want him canned for missing the big 3 because, from what we know, he did what he could. The thing is, what if someone else could do more than he could. 7 years is long enough to sense a trend, and for the Bulls that trend seems to be mediocrity and a difficult time recruiting talent.

To think that Wade once questioned the Bulls for their loyalty, for Vinny Del Negro and such, Paxson is also the man to blame for the VDN incident and his firing.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
is that not where espn is headquartered?

Bristol. But same state. But it's a suburb of NY. But so is all of CT.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
I just have this feeling Lebron is going to be a Knick. That the Bulls had him but Amare swayed him.

Letting Amare Stoudemire sway you is weak.

I might have thought differently before his injuries, but not anymore.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
He will be doing his interview from Greenwich, CT. Which isn't quite New York, but pretty darn close.

I almost took a job there in the early 90's.

A very very nice (and rich) suburb of New York city.

Interesting place to broadcast his choice of team from.

I'd feel a whole lot better if he chose to broadcast from Lake Forest.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
Is LeBron going to be announcing from Vince McMahon's house?

Yes, and I feel a LeBron heel turn coming where he trashes Cleveland and says he never loved them

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
Letting Amare Stoudemire sway you is weak.

I might have thought differently before his injuries, but not anymore.

why? the celtics were the worst team in the league, and added 2 superstars and won a championship....lebron has long wanted to go to new york for financial and marketing reasons, them getting amare provided him more basketball reason to go there

i dont think people realize that lebron doesnt need much to win a championship...amare is certainly enough IMO...he had absolutely jack s*** in cleveland and still nearly won one

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
The only good thing that comes out of LeBron going anywhere but Cleveland is that the Bulls will easily win their division.

You're under-selling the Bucks quite a bit. They won 46 games last year with a rookie PG, Bogut missing 13 games and Michael Redd playing only 18 games. They also went 22-8 after Salmons joined the roster. With Jennings getting another year of experience, a wing trio of Salmons/Maggette/possibly Redd and Bogut up front, they have a legit shot at 50 wins. Considering the Bulls don't have a shooting guard or a legit scoring big at the moment, they're hardly a lock to beat Milwaukee.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
The Bulls oughta move Deng for Gilbert Areanas. As bad as the contract is the only hope is to try and make it work.

The PR nightmare of getting him can be parlayed into a what were we suppossed to do. All he has to do is play de and shoot.

Please god no. Arenas shouldn't be anywhere near a contending team, especially one that already has a good ball-handler/scorer like Rose.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
why? the celtics were the worst team in the league, and added 2 superstars and won a championship....lebron has long wanted to go to new york for financial and marketing reasons, them getting amare provided him more basketball reason to go there

i dont think people realize that lebron doesnt need much to win a championship...amare is certainly enough IMO...he had absolutely jack s*** in cleveland and still nearly won one

With Wade and Bosh in Miami now, yes he does.

For the person that said Bosh is a top 10 player, I give you these 10 without even having to think too hard about it:

- Kobe

- James

- Wade

- Howard

- Gasol

- Nash

- Durant

- D. Williams

- Paul

- Nowitzki

For everyone saying Lee just gets his numbers cause the Knicks run and gun and play no defense, it's not like Toronto was a slow tempo team.