NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
You're under-selling the Bucks quite a bit. They won 46 games last year with a rookie PG, Bogut missing 13 games and Michael Redd playing only 18 games. They also went 22-8 after Salmons joined the roster. With Jennings getting another year of experience, a wing trio of Salmons/Maggette/possibly Redd and Bogut up front, they have a legit shot at 50 wins. Considering the Bulls don't have a shooting guard or a legit scoring big at the moment, they're hardly a lock to beat Milwaukee.

Salmons also tanked with us after he did something similar with the Bulls the previous year. I don't expect him to put up anywhere close to the numbers he did last year. Milwaukee's a good team, but I don't know if they're a 50 win team.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
You're under-selling the Bucks quite a bit. They won 46 games last year with a rookie PG, Bogut missing 13 games and Michael Redd playing only 18 games. They also went 22-8 after Salmons joined the roster. With Jennings getting another year of experience, a wing trio of Salmons/Maggette/possibly Redd and Bogut up front, they have a legit shot at 50 wins. Considering the Bulls don't have a shooting guard or a legit scoring big at the moment, they're hardly a lock to beat Milwaukee.

Yep, I said the Bucks will win the division if LeBron leaves the division and the Bulls strikeout, and I stand by it. If the Bulls made a couple of save face moves like acquiring Boozer/Lee and a decent 2 guard, it'd be close though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
For the person that said Bosh is a top 10 player, I give you these 10 without even having to think too hard about it:

- Kobe

- James

- Wade

- Howard

- Gasol

- Nash

- Durant

- D. Williams

- Paul

- Nowitzki

For everyone saying Lee just gets his numbers cause the Knicks run and gun and play no defense, it's not like Toronto was a slow tempo team.

Bosh is somewhere in the top-20, where is highly debateable.

As for the Lee comment, he's only broken the 20 point plateau once despite having no other good scorers on that team. Toronto was 13th in pace this year and had another legit scorer in Bargnani and another okay one in Turkoglu (though he had a bad year). Bosh still averaged 24 a game this season. He's quite a bit better offensively than Lee.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
Salmons also tanked with us after he did something similar with the Bulls the previous year. I don't expect him to put up anywhere close to the numbers he did last year. Milwaukee's a good team, but I don't know if they're a 50 win team.

The difference is the Bulls lost Gordon the next year while the Bucks are actually adding talent (albiet fairly mediocre players).

I'm not saying they're a lock for 50, I just doubt the Bulls are going to "easily" win the division over them unless they get Lebron.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
As for the Lee comment, he's only broken the 20 point plateau once despite having no other good scorers on that team. Toronto was 13th in pace this year and had another legit scorer in Bargnani and another okay one in Turkoglu (though he had a bad year). Bosh still averaged 24 a game this season. He's quite a bit better offensively than Lee.

Isn't Lee a significantly better passer? I'm not saying Bosh isn't better than Lee on offense though, but Bosh reminds me of the type of guy who's just out there to get his points, and not worry how the team performs.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
FisolaNYDN

Can't confirm this but a Knicks source claims the location may be Allan Houston's house. Wow

No one will watch if that's true.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
FisolaNYDN

Can't confirm this but a Knicks source claims the location may be Allan Houston's house. Wow

lol, might be at a boys and girls club now. either way, it's close to NY, i think that says something.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
Well, aside from the fact that it's not Allen Houston's mansion, but rather from a Boys and Girls Club.

Yeah, people need to quit reading into the location of this thing. You're going to have to wait until the announcement to find out, as painful as that is. LeBron wants to milk every bit of drama out of this he can, that's why even the players and teams don't seem to know his choice.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
Isn't Lee a significantly better passer? I'm not saying Bosh isn't better than Lee on offense though, but Bosh reminds me of the type of guy who's just out there to get his points, and not worry how the team performs.

That's a fact, Toronto's missing of the playoffs this past year was embarrassing

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
For the person that said Bosh is a top 10 player, I give you these 10 without even having to think too hard about it:

- Kobe

- James

- Wade

- Howard

- Gasol

- Nash

- Durant

- D. Williams

- Paul

- Nowitzki

For everyone saying Lee just gets his numbers cause the Knicks run and gun and play no defense, it's not like Toronto was a slow tempo team.

I'll emphatically disagree about Pau. Everyone else I'd say you can make a solid argument for but there's still a few I'd take Bosh over at this point.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
lol, might be at a boys and girls club now. either way, it's close to NY, i think that says something.

Yeah, it says ESPN wanted it near their headquarters to make such a short notice presentation easier.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
That's a fact, Toronto's missing of the playoffs this past year was embarrassing

Chris Bosh should get a job in public relations when he's done, because I've never seen someone promote himself better than he has. He was able to get himself lumped into a "Big 3" category with 2 of the top 4 players in the world.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)
I'll emphatically disagree about Pau. Everyone else I'd say you can make a solid argument for but there's still a few I'd take Bosh over at this point.

I think Gasol's great, and have even said that I'd take him over Howard.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
Just because that guy on twitter said it?

If it was going to be at Allan Houston's house (now apparently, it isn't), then it probably would have been the Knicks.

Is LeBron gonna go to Houston's house, who played a whole decade for the Knicks, and say I'm not going to New York?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)

Lee had 3.6 assists this year after a previous career high of 2.1. Not exactly Chris Webber or Brad Miller. Bosh is typically in the 2.5 range, so not a huge difference.

Didn't people say the same thing about Gasol a few years ago? It's hard to be successful when no one on that team can play any kind of defense whatsoever.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
More than any other source, if Jared Dudley said it's the Knicks, I believe him. He's one of the most "connected" players in the NBA.

Or he wanted to gain thousands of followers, or he takes Amare's word as gospel

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
More than any other source, if Jared Dudley said it's the Knicks, I believe him. He's one of the most "connected" players in the NBA.

I have a hard time believing Lebron and his crew have told anyone at this point, given how secretive he's been so far.