NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
That's a fact, Toronto's missing of the playoffs this past year was embarrassing

They were in the playoffs before Bosh got hurt and missed the bulk of the last 6 games and they finished 2-4, on a team that allowed 106 PPG nonetheless. If they had an actual center to play next to him up front instead of a small forward like Bargnani, they'd have been far more sucessful.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
As much as people seem to think Amar'e is something he's not, going to NY doesn't get LeBron any closer to a title than he is in Cleveland IMO.

I whole heartedly agree with this.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
I love how we went from LeBron's team "laughing" at the Knicks courtship on Friday to him now going there. I have little doubt that tomorrow LBJ is going to put on a blue and orange headband.

But if he puts on no headband, you know he's going to the Bulls!

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
They were in the playoffs before Bosh got hurt and missed the bulk of the last 6 games and they finished 2-4, on a team that allowed 106 PPG nonetheless. If they had an actual center to play next to him up front instead of a small forward like Bargnani, they'd have been far more sucessful.

And they would have been quite a ways out of the picture had the Bulls not suffered any injuries.

I'm not denying Bosh is a great player, but that team should have been a playoff team

Edited by WHarris1

The thing that would really put the cherry on top for me is if LeBron had the NBA draft lottery ball with the giant envelopes in it, and one of them had a blatantly bent corner.

I'd actually be sorry I missed it if that happened - there's no way I'm watching the season finale of "LeBron James' Ass-Kiss Rodeo".

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
The thing that would really put the cherry on top for me is if LeBron had the NBA draft lottery ball with the giant envelopes in it, and one of them had a blatantly bent corner.

I'd actually be sorry I missed it if that happened - there's no way I'm watching the season finale of "LeBron James' Ass-Kiss Rodeo".

Probably cause you don't like basketball. ;)

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
And they would have been quite a ways out of the picture had the Bulls not suffered any injuries.

I'm not denying Bosh is a great player, but that team should have been a playoff team

Bosh ended up missing 12 games on the season, Hedo missed 8, Calderon missed 14. They had plenty of injury issues themselves. The bottom line is he was on a team that played zero defense and had no center and point guard and they were still in the playoff hunt largely because of his 24-10 on a nightly basis.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)

Haha the old bent envelope. Just like the Bulls "winning" a draft lottery they had less than a 2 percent chance of winning, Tim Donaghy, and games 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals. NBA Basketball: The WWE with less violence.

I thought Bosh came off quite well in that interview.

I don't understand why so many people in here want to hate the guy.

Guy is just trying to what's best for him and hasn't said a bad word about anyone involved in this process.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
I want someone from Bulls brass to come out and say some s***.

"While we were frustrated in missing out on LeBron James and Dwayne Wade, we are very excited to be able to bring in super star caliber players such as David Lee and JJ Reddick."

I'm sure that's what we'll get at some point, not being sarcastic.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
"While we were frustrated in missing out on LeBron James and Dwayne Wade, we are very excited to be able to bring in super star caliber players such as David Lee and JJ Reddick."

I'm sure that's what we'll get at some point, not being sarcastic.

"We have our superstar in Derrick Rose, and a great young nucleus in the frontcourt in Joakim Noah, Luol Deng, and Taj Gibson. We feel adding pieces like David Lee and JJ Redick gives us a balanced team that will play at a championship level under new coach Tom Thibodeau."

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
I think some of you should get rid of those ridiculous "LeBron watch" avatars. Ever since those were up, "news" and "rumors" have not gone the Bulls way.

Ohhhnoeeeessss!

Da supastishuns gunna get ussss!