NBA Offseason Thread

Privately, Dwyane Wade(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) weren’t pleased on Wednesday morning with the belief that James’ camp was responsible for leaking their plans to a television partner, but then again it makes perfect sense: This isn’t about Wade and Bosh choosing the Heat. It’s about LeBron getting the stage to himself on Thursday night.

Ok, LeBron is on a powertrip and I wish nothing but the worst to him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
Well if that's true I hope LeBron enjoys never winning s***.

100% agreed.

It's f***ing weird how it was supposedly narrowed down to a few teams, then as soon as he "announced" that he was making his decision, every team is supposedly alive.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
The free agent class of this year has managed to make Kobe Bryant seem likable (although ideally, the actually likable in general Kevin Durant will get a few rings soon).

Durant is the most lovable man in the NBA

if lebron james so respect the culture of Cleveland, a place where he calls home, he should be be compliant with the culture of the city. Add "The Decision" to the list of the moves/events that will haunt the city for another 20 years or so.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
It'll be funny to see how all of us look if he ends up choosing the Bulls. :lol:

The chances of LBJ to the Bulls are at 0%. I can't believe how different things looked just a week ago. We should pull some of my over-confident posts from that time period right after WWW's bulls*** announcement.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
So out of all people a Chicago Bulls front office person would send a text to, it would be a New York reporter? I don't buy it.

Same there, that makes absolutely zero sense.

Why have we heard absolutely nothing from the Bulls. If we are out, why haven't we heard that we are doing XYZ? You certainly would think we would have moved on. I know we are apparently in contact with other FA's but I would think if we were out on Lebron we'd already be jumping all over other people.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
The chances of LBJ to the Bulls are at 0%. I can't believe how different things looked just a week ago. We should pull some of my over-confident posts from that time period right after WWW's bulls*** announcement.

Steve, I'm gonna suspend you until after this announcement. Maybe it will give us some good luck since you cursed the entire franchise with your blind optimism :)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
Why have we heard absolutely nothing from the Bulls. If we are out, why haven't we heard that we are doing XYZ? You certainly would think we would have moved on. I know we are apparently in contact with other FA's but I would think if we were out on Lebron we'd already be jumping all over other people.

Bulls brass has actually killed themselves.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)

Agreed. We obviously know lebron is signing here and are sticking to our word with him to keep everything mum. :)

ESPN's Chad Ford chimes on Wednesday afternoon, and writes that the Cavs, Bulls and Nets have all intensified their efforts to land Boozer in an attempt to entice LeBron James.

"Sources said that on Wednesday, the Bulls, Cavs and Nets all intensified negotiations with Boozer, hoping that landing the 28-year-old power forward could entice LeBron," he writes. "The Bulls and Nets would still have max cap room to sign LeBron if they can get Boozer to agree to a deal for something around 5 years, $80 million. The Cavs do not have cap space and cannot sign Boozer straight out. However, the team has called the Jazz about potentially doing a sign-and-trade with Boozer."

---

On Wednesday morning, the Salt Lake Tribune's Ross Siler updates us on Carlos Boozer's status.

"Boozer's decision is expected to come down to Chicago, New Jersey and Utah with Jazz still very much in mix," he tweeted. "It's been tough to get a read on whether Boozer prefers Chicago or New Jersey -- but he's been targeting the Bulls dating to last summer. For the Jazz, the urgency of re-signing Boozer has been linked to keeping the team competitive and Deron Williams happy. It's sounded all along as if Boozer is much more interested in signing outright with a team with cap space than sign-and-trade scenarios."

The Bulls also have the cap space to sign Boozer outright. And as we noted earlier on Wednesday, the Bulls will likely now turn their attention to Boozer and David Lee.

But with Lee in the mix in several scenarios, the Bulls may have a better shot at landing Boozer -- especially when there's been talk about him and the Bulls since last summer, when he was mentioned in trade talks with Chicago.