NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
Agreed. We obviously know lebron is signing here and are sticking to our word with him to keep everything mum. :)

That is why I'm hoping. I really hope all this New York spin is just that, spin, and that the Bulls FO is quiet and Lebron is quiet and ultimately he'll be coming to Chicago to battle it up with Wade, etc.

I'm probably wrong, but I refuse to say it is 100% that Lebron is not coming to Chicago. Especially since people in Cleveland seem to think he might be leaving Cleveland.

Also, evidently, the event is in Connecticut because it needed to be close to Bristol. Why they wouldn't have done it at ESPN headquarters is something I wonder, but if it is at a local Boys and Girls club in the CT area than I don't see it necessarily meaning anything.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
That is why I'm hoping. I really hope all this New York spin is just that, spin, and that the Bulls FO is quiet and Lebron is quiet and ultimately he'll be coming to Chicago to battle it up with Wade, etc.

I'm probably wrong, but I refuse to say it is 100% that Lebron is not coming to Chicago. Especially since people in Cleveland seem to think he might be leaving Cleveland.

Also, evidently, the event is in Connecticut because it needed to be close to Bristol. Why they wouldn't have done it at ESPN headquarters is something I wonder, but if it is at a local Boys and Girls club in the CT area than I don't see it necessarily meaning anything.

Thank you God someone who shares my optimism on the Bulls silence.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
That is why I'm hoping. I really hope all this New York spin is just that, spin,

Everything god damn thing to this point has been spin so that's certainly a very strong possibility. Nobody f***in knows at this point.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)

Haha, doesn't mean I'm smart, but I try to read as much between the lines as possible and I just think if the Bulls knew they were out, we'd have heard something by now. That isn't to say they know they are in, but I'd like to think they are in bunker mode trying to finalize the details to bring the King to Chicago (and not the Burger one).

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
I haven't said much today, but that is why I'm biting my tongue. :)

Either way, it doesn't matter.

It's very pretty to suddenly rip into these guys after worshipping them just 3 or 4 days ago.

Pretty lame in my opinion.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)

It should also be pointed out that the Nets haven't indicated they have given up either so that makes me think Lebron is to an extent in play.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
I haven't said much today, but that is why I'm biting my tongue. :)

I just don't care. I'll call him an asshole because that's what I think about him for now, if he signs here, I'll completely change my tune. Complete flip flopping but I really don't give a s***.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
Haha, doesn't mean I'm smart, but I try to read as much between the lines as possible and I just think if the Bulls knew they were out, we'd have heard something by now. That isn't to say they know they are in, but I'd like to think they are in bunker mode trying to finalize the details to bring the King to Chicago (and not the Burger one).

Just because they lost out on LeBron and Wade and Bosh, doesn't mean it's good business to behave desperately to sign Boozer.

Besides, now Boozer holds some of the cards. He's probably going to sit back and enjoy his day in the sun.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
Just because they lost out on LeBron and Wade and Bosh, doesn't mean it's good business to behave desperately to sign Boozer.

Besides, now Boozer holds some of the cards. He's probably going to sit back and enjoy his day in the sun.

Maybe not, but I would expect to hear that we are talking hardcore about Boozer or Lee or other things. I'd even expect to hear a bit about what we talked to Lebron about, etc. If we were out, we'd hear a lot more about our pitch. Heck, as of now, we have absolutely no idea what the Bulls really sold Lebron on. None.

That tells me about a team that hasn't given up hope becuase if we had failed, they'd be spinning it already. Hell for all we know Lebron hasn't made up his mind yet, he's just leaning one way or another and has told himself he needs to decide by tomorrow so that he can move on.

I think the sales pitches are still out there and even if they aren't, Boozer is a really good fit. He likes Chicago and has wanted to play here and the Bulls have tried repeatedly to land him in the past.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
I just don't care. I'll call him an asshole because that's what I think about him for now, if he signs here, I'll completely change my tune. Complete flip flopping but I really don't give a s***.

I hope that tomorrow around 9 you are calling him the greatest player in the world and the greatest guy in the world!!!!

Not to bust bubbles, but KC Johnson doesn't think the Bulls have much of a shot, and I trust what he says. What he's hearing is that the Bulls haven't heard a "no" yet, but he didn't know if that means anything. He seems to think the Bulls are working aggressively on plan B.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
It should also be pointed out that the Nets haven't indicated they have given up either so that makes me think Lebron is to an extent in play.

Not true. Prokorov (sp?) said that LeBron would be in Cleveland and Wade and Bosh in Miami. So yes, the Nets took themselves out of it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Maybe not, but I would expect to hear that we are talking hardcore about Boozer or Lee or other things. I'd even expect to hear a bit about what we talked to Lebron about, etc. If we were out, we'd hear a lot more about our pitch. Heck, as of now, we have absolutely no idea what the Bulls really sold Lebron on. None.

That tells me about a team that hasn't given up hope becuase if we had failed, they'd be spinning it already. Hell for all we know Lebron hasn't made up his mind yet, he's just leaning one way or another and has told himself he needs to decide by tomorrow so that he can move on.

I think the sales pitches are still out there and even if they aren't, Boozer is a really good fit. He likes Chicago and has wanted to play here and the Bulls have tried repeatedly to land him in the past.

LeBron probably isn't telling them anything because he wants to draw the biggest ratings possible.

If the Bulls come out and talk now, they risk the chance of blowing it, regardless of whether their chances are small. They're not going to admit defeat until they absolutely know he will not choose Chicago. And my guess is that he's holding all the teams hostage the same way.

LEBRON IS OURS

Just kidding, but that Mansfield guy is actually bringing evidence to the table, which you always gotta like.

The bulls have a chance, theyve got about 24 hours to make it happen. Pull out all the stops, whatever it takes at this point.

If I was Reinsdorf, Id seriously consider saying something like the Bulls will offer Lebron an option to purchase a piece of the Bulls.

That could be a trump card here and something MJ would never have. Being an owner of the Bulls.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
Not to bust bubbles, but KC Johnson doesn't think the Bulls have much of a shot, and I trust what he says. What he's hearing is that the Bulls haven't heard a "no" yet, but he didn't know if that means anything. He seems to think the Bulls are working aggressively on plan B.

I will say this, KC just said a lot of people hearing the New York angles think it might be leaks from LBJ's camp to hype up the story. If that is the case, wouldn't you think we'd here pro Bulls leaks as well. Wouldn't that be better for TV if they were going to fake leaks?

s***, what do I know. I guess it is good that we haven't heard no. But I also want to know what we are doing to sell him since KC is "telling me there's a chance".