NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
I'd be willing to bet every bit of "information" we get between now and tomorrow night is misinformation from the James camp designed to get more ratings and interest. Don't buy any of it.

Our buddy @Ric Bucher: "Rumors of NYK having legit shot at LeBron or him going to Mia seem like an attempt by LRMR to create suspense for Thurs show."

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
LEBRON IS OURS

Just kidding, but that Mansfield guy is actually bringing evidence to the table, which you always gotta like.

The bulls have a chance, theyve got about 24 hours to make it happen. Pull out all the stops, whatever it takes at this point.

If I was Reinsdorf, Id seriously consider saying something like the Bulls will offer Lebron an option to purchase a piece of the Bulls.

That could be a trump card here and something MJ would never have. Being an owner of the Bulls.

f*** it, you tell him every one of his little butt buddies gets a god damned suite at the United Center and a f***ing Lambourgini.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Our buddy @Ric Bucher: "Rumors of NYK having legit shot at LeBron or him going to Mia seem like an attempt by LRMR to create suspense for Thurs show."

Wow, he's actually getting it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
Chad Ford says that the Bulls had Wade, but decided to wait on LeBron.

Again, if this is true, this front office disgusts me.

That would be awful if that was the case. And if it was the case, than that has to make you think they'd have felt pretty good about LBJ. Please come to CHicago.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
Chad Ford says that the Bulls had Wade, but decided to wait on LeBron.

Again, if this is true, this front office disgusts me.

Well, they were swinging for the fences based on information they have been getting all along.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
Well, they were swinging for the fences based on information they have been getting all along.

Swinging for the fences would be getting both Wade and LeBron.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
I wonder when LBJ will tell the his new/current team his decision. Could the team really not know at this point?

I think that they might not know. The less people that know, the less chance of a leak.

Its a really hard situation to read at this point, the only positive for a Bulls fan is it seems like the Bulls have passed on seemingly every other option.

I also think that Bosh/Wade wanted to beat lebron to the punch, ie if he is going to Chicago tomorrow, Wade/Bosh get to say that they chose Miami, instead of: "We wanted Chicago but they wanted Lebron".

Who the hell knows at this point, I just hope that Jerry wrote a blank check.