NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
He is... we're talking 20 points, 11 boards, 56% shooting.

I like Boozer when he's healthy. I don't when he's hurt with some stupid nagging injury anybody else would play with.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Paying a 33 year old Carlos Boozer $18 million is going to be VERY ugly.

yeah, but if after the new agreement is anything like this one he can always become one of those coveted "expiring contracts" that teams want

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Don't quote me on this but i believe that the Bulls still have room for a MAX. This is a great move regardless.

They do. They're going to pay Boozer around $13 million this year. Pay increases after that, gathering up to $80 million over 5 years.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
2) Lebron comes to a core group of Boozer, Noah, Rose. No trades needed. Pulls could potentially keep Deng as SG/SF for line up of Rose, Deng, Lebron, Boozer, Noah.

Not a chance. Deng is gone if LeBron is here. That Portland or Magic/Clippers deal will do just nicely. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind seeing Bayless at SG if it came down to that though I don't like short SG. Insane athleticism on that kid though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Not a chance. Deng is gone if LeBron is here. That Portland or Magic/Clippers deal will do just nicely. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind seeing Bayless at SG if it came down to that though I don't like short SG. Insane athleticism on that kid though.

Deng won't be gone this year per say. But down the road, he's a dead duck.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
dumb question, why no sign and trade for lebron so he can get the max? out of the question? ship deng, taj, (anyone) picks, trade exception and all?

Cleveland refuses to do it. They are basically daring LeBron to leave.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
dumb question, why no sign and trade for lebron so he can get the max? out of the question? ship deng, taj, (anyone) picks, trade exception and all?

If Cleveland did that, they won't sell out any games and their fans will despise them forever.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
Cleveland refuses to do it. They are basically daring LeBron to leave.

at this point if he doesn't go to Mia or Chi (of the teams still "in it") he has little to no chance of winning a title in Cle, now I still think NYK is a viable option for him because they can be OK this year but basically eat it for a year and hope 'Melo or another FA goes there soon... Durant is signing a 5 year extension with the thunder BTW

Fathom is going to be "estatic" to hear this news. :lol:

BTW, anyone know Boozer and LeBron's relationship? I believe they played in Cleveland together at one time. Man I love Taj Gibson comming off the bench. Great to see a nice low post P&R presence for Rose to feed assist off of. Boozer might suck at defense and is older with cause for injuries, but he's strong and has a great basketball I.Q. Deng will probably be gone hopefully as he just isn't the best fit for Derrick whereas Boozer is. Give me an injury prone guy who at least pairs with Rose better than someone who doesn't as much.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
If Cleveland did that, they won't sell out any games and their fans will despise them forever.

yeah, only way they keep fans is spinning it as LBJ is evil, assisting him in leaving Cleveland could eventually force that team to move, and I don't think I'm being over dramatic

I still think were getting LeBron. I said it yesterday and I'm sticking to it.

I'm out till 10 pm though guys. Hopefully this thread won't balloon to 300 pages when I get back. :lol:

I see the guys FA thinking. LeBron/Boozer and Wade/Bosh. The next great rivalry of the NBA to challenge Kobe.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
Guy just remember even if we don't get Lebron, the following two lineups are still probably a top 3-4 seed in the East.

Rose

Allen

Deng

Boozer

Noah

Rose

Reddick

Deng

Boozer

Noah.

No one is disagreeing with that but nobody wants to be just a 3 or 4 seed in the east.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
No one is disagreeing with that but nobody wants to be just a 3 or 4 seed in the east.

The good news is that there's still parity here. Look at the core that Lebron has to choose from. The Bulls have the very best one. I don't think Lebron to the Knicks is even a deal breaker. I think we'll have great basketball to watch from here on out.

Chalmers

Wade

Beasley

Bosh

O'Neal/Haslem/Pittman

Rose

FA

Deng

Boozer

Noah

Douglas

Gallo