NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Can Avery Johnson read an introduction?

There is an amazing book called "Game Change" written about the 2008 Presidential election....I'm hoping someone will put it together something like that...

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
Do the Bulls have to make another move to pull a LeBron signing, like a Deng trade or do they have enough for James now?

according to reports it's constructed to leave enough for 1 max deal with no other moves

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
Do the Bulls have to make another move to pull a LeBron signing, like a Deng trade or do they have enough for James now?

Evidently a message board rumor going around is that a Detroit station is reporting that there has been talks of a 3 way deal with the Bulls/Blazers/Pistons which would move Deng &Maxiell to Portland, Bayless/Pyrz to Detroit, and Rip to Chicago.

Take it for what it is worth. Personally I don't know how that is really that great of a move? I think we need a 2 guard that can shoot long range and I don't see Rip being that guy.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
I don't take the Knicks out of it, the city and opportunities might lure him there and he might buy into Eddy Curry's expiring contract luring a big FA next season.

They won't have nearly enough money for a max guy. Lebron, Amare, Gallinari and Douglas is $40 mil at least, leaving them only $12 mil to work with even if the cap stays the same. Even to get that, Chandler would be gone and so would anyone else on the roster.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
Uh, nothing on there says anything about LeBron James. I just see lots of money, but that could be anyone's.

I'm well aware of that and pointed it out just snaked it off a Cavs board

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
Take it for what it is worth. Personally I don't know how that is really that great of a move? I think we need a 2 guard that can shoot long range and I don't see Rip being that guy.

Well, Rip would then be guarding the other team's best guard, which would be nice.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
They won't have nearly enough money for a max guy. Lebron, Amare, Gallinari and Douglas is $40 mil at least, leaving them only $12 mil to work with even if the cap stays the same. Even to get that, Chandler would be gone and so would anyone else on the roster.

OK, well that takes the lure of another FA, but I could still see LBJ's ego having him sign with the Knicks

stephen a smith was on a sports radio show i was listening to earlier still saying lebron to heat for 3 yrs then bolting to NJ when they go to Brooklyn....he was pretty pissed ppl were questioning his sources.....

he was on the victor "the brick" jacobs show....

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
stephen a smith was on a sports radio show i was listening to earlier still saying lebron to heat for 3 yrs then bolting to NJ when they go to Brooklyn....he was pretty pissed ppl were questioning his sources.....

he was on the victor "the brick" jacobs show....

it's a realistic scenario, but don't the Heat still have to clear cap space?