NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
Evidently a message board rumor going around is that a Detroit station is reporting that there has been talks of a 3 way deal with the Bulls/Blazers/Pistons which would move Deng &Maxiell to Portland, Bayless/Pyrz to Detroit, and Rip to Chicago.

Take it for what it is worth. Personally I don't know how that is really that great of a move? I think we need a 2 guard that can shoot long range and I don't see Rip being that guy.

that only means one thing, the bulls are certain they will land lebron james, at least have a very very high chance of landing him.

Lebron to the bulls!! hell yeah baby!!

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
JA Adande said on ESPN 1000 that the Bulls bombed their presentation to Lebron

How the hell did they manage to do that?

EDIT: Actually f*** that. I don't believe that, I don't believe anything anymore.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)

how so, any details?

It would be weird that it's just being reported now, 4 days after it happened since a ton of details about the other meetings, like NYK and MIA got out

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
Evidently a message board rumor going around is that a Detroit station is reporting that there has been talks of a 3 way deal with the Bulls/Blazers/Pistons which would move Deng &Maxiell to Portland, Bayless/Pyrz to Detroit, and Rip to Chicago.

Take it for what it is worth. Personally I don't know how that is really that great of a move? I think we need a 2 guard that can shoot long range and I don't see Rip being that guy.

That trade gives you future cap flexibility but is awful from a basketball perspective. Deng was a significantly better player than Hamilton last year and Hamilton appears to be on a pretty sharp decline and really doesn't give you 3 pt shooting.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)

Interesting. That isn't good. I was wondering why we hadn't heard anything and that could be a legitimate reason of why we hadn't heard it. Why would they ever admit that they just flat stunk. It would be interesting though, given how good they were when they tried to sell Kobe a couple years ago.

And Jerry has to be a good seller, unless of course he wasn't all that interested or somehow was turned off.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
How the hell did they manage to do that?

EDIT: Actually f*** that. I don't believe that, I don't believe anything anymore.

They didn't show a Family Guy or Sopranos spoof video.

Well KC Johnson is reporting that LBJ's camp has not told the Bulls they are out of it, and ultimately you can argue the presentations were just a dog and pony show, it doesn't change that looking at the rosters right now if he wants to win it's either Chi or Mia