NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
Alan Hahn already changed the title of his article to "Lebron leaning towards Miami"

lol that was quick. Seriously, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if this stupid special or whatever gets moved back another day or 5 or he ends up announcing this somewhere that isn't where it's supposed to be. Everything is a mystery.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:18 AM)
How much warning did we get on Bosh/Wade? I don't know about you, but when I woke up this morning that was the first I heard that it was a done deal, not significantly before that. How much warning did we get on Boozer? At the beginning of the day the Cavs and Nets were still trying to lure him in an effort to convince Lebron to come.

Taking this as gospel doesn't make any sense given all of the bulls*** out there.

I never said I was taking it as gospel, I was calling your post stupid. A lot of reports have been bulls***, some have been true. In the last 24 hours I hope to hell it leaks. I hope the entire charade gets it's legs pulled out from underneath it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
All I know is I'm done with the NBA if Lebron chooses Miami. No hyperbole. If I wanted to watch a sport where who wins or loses is pre-determined, I'd watch wrestling. It's curtains for the rest of the NBA until 2016.

I love how pissed off J4L is.

My final thought:

Wade and LeBron won't play together. Wade said he was gonna sign with the Bulls if Bosh went to Clevland to play with LeBron.

Wade and Bosh playing together in Miami means LeBron won't stay in Clevland.

It will be between Knicks, Bulls and Nets a distant third.

Just what I think.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:27 AM)
My final thought:

Wade and LeBron won't play together. Wade said he was gonna sign with the Bulls if Bosh went to Clevland to play with LeBron.

Wade and Bosh playing together in Miami means LeBron won't stay in Clevland.

It will be between Knicks, Bulls and Nets a distant third.

Just what I think.

That actually sums up my thoughts exactly.

I now want LeBron to come to Chicago for the sole reason of making EVERY media source who chose to speculate and report bulls*** wrong. No one in recent days has wanted to pick the Bulls and that's because the front office has been wonderfully tight lipped. No one can argue that Chicago would be the best basketball decision for LeBron so I can't wait for the tiny chance that he chooses the Bulls and the world goes into shock.

Bulls silence. No Bulls rumors with Lerbon. Boozer randomly jumping on a deal less than what he ultimately could have gotten elsewhere or here. Boozer signing for just enough to leave the Bulls with a max. Ford reporting the Bulls "skipped" on Wade because they want the bigger fish. Best roster where he can still be "the man".

I'll be here tomorrow night to simply smile cuz I'll be severely incapacitated already, or I'll simply say I was f***ing wrong I suck. But I'm feelin good right now.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)
Bulls silence. No Bulls rumors with Lerbon. Boozer randomly jumping on a deal less than what he ultimately could have gotten elsewhere or here. Boozer signing for just enough to leave the Bulls with a max. Ford reporting the Bulls "skipped" on Wade because they want the bigger fish. Best roster where he can still be "the man".

I'll be here tomorrow night to simply smile cuz I'll be severely incapacitated already, or I'll simply say I was f***ing wrong I suck. But I'm feelin good right now.

I understand where you are coming from...but do you think LeBron is evaluating this situation on the same basis? It's seems like there a groupthink thing going on with the way all the FAs have been communicating and possibly planning with each other. It seems like a lot of this is about who these guys can play with and where -- not necessarily about winning.

It's nice that you can at least convince yourself...;)

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
I understand where you are coming from...but do you think LeBron is evaluating this situation on the same basis? It's seems like there a groupthink thing going on with the way all the FAs have been communicating and possibly planning with each other. It seems like a lot of this is about who these guys can play with and where -- not necessarily about winning.

I don't know. Lost in some of his diva retardation I have he has a shred of logical thinking. Rose/Boozer/Noah + Taj + Deng (or trade pieces from Deng).

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:29 AM)
I now want LeBron to come to Chicago for the sole reason of making EVERY media source who chose to speculate and report bulls*** wrong. No one in recent days has wanted to pick the Bulls and that's because the front office has been wonderfully tight lipped. No one can argue that Chicago would be the best basketball decision for LeBron so I can't wait for the tiny chance that he chooses the Bulls and the world goes into shock.

You know I'm with the both of you. I predicted Chicago yesterday. Not backing off of it even if he does what I originally said he would do and stay in Cleveland. And if I was him personally choosing between the "New" cities... I'd choose the Nets over the Knicks.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:39 AM)
Chris_Broussard

Sources with knowledge of the situation indeed saying LeBron will join Wade and Bosh in Miami, barring a late change of heart

Interesting that an espn reporter chimes in...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
Interesting that an espn reporter chimes in...

He was the one who reported the Wade and Bosh to Miami deal this morning and does have inside sources as well. Broussard might flip-flop on his "predictions," but he is spot on when it comes to sources directly.

If LeBron goes to Miami and wins anything he will be perceived similar to a Kevin Garnett. Which is fine, HOF'er and great player, but is he one of the best players of all time? If he goes to Chicago and wins his supporting cast is more comparable to Kobes last 2 rings where he would be the only superstar on the team. Both could get you multiple rings, but one scenario makes you one of "the big three" and the other lands you in the discussion for the GOAT. Its amazing to me so many of you are overlooking the ego of LeBron and assume Miami makes sense. I might be wrong, but I dont expect LeBron to hold a press conference 2 days after Wade and Bosh announced their plans to say hes headed to "Wade County"

Look how Kobe was talked about before his last 2 rings, he couldnt do it without Shaq. He knew he had to win not only one, but multiple rings without Shaq to solidify his place in NBA history. LeBron is a self proclaimed student of the game and has the option to either piggy back Wade County just to maximize his odds of winning no matter how its perceived or to go to Chicago and step in and lead the young upcoming stars to multiple playoff runs which also would create a Magic/Bird type rivalry with Wade and Bosh in Miami. I just dont see anything about LeBrons personality that would push him towards going to Miami. If he does, his legacy will take a hit.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)

It's just when you add everything together Chicago is by far the best choice. You can point out a big time negative about all the other destinations except Chicago. It really does make the most sense and as I said before, if I wasn't a Bulls fan, I'd really believe he was coming to Chicago.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
You know I'm with the both of you. I predicted Chicago yesterday. Not backing off of it even if he does what I originally said he would do and stay in Cleveland. And if I was him personally choosing between the "New" cities... I'd choose the Nets over the Knicks.

If I were LeBron and making this decision, the Bulls would be by far my number 1 choice and then the Nets would easily be number 2

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:42 PM)
He was the one who reported the Wade and Bosh to Miami deal this morning and does have inside sources as well. Broussard might flip-flop on his "predictions," but he is spot on when it comes to sources directly.

That's not what I was getting at...I was the one claiming Broussard knew his s*** about 30 pages ago.

My point was that ESPN is airing the special.