NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:31 AM)
am I the only one that thinks that Lebron/Wade/Bosh and no one else isn't automatically the team to beat? I know the differences with Boston, but to me the "big 3" didn't do it on their own, they needed an up and coming all star in Rondo to get over the top. Good? Absolutely. Unbeatable? Hardly.

I agree and Mario Chalmers will not become Rajon Rondo, the Lakers say hello

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
Why would ESPN scoop their own press conference by letting Broussard run with this if it was true? While theyre saying his source is credible, it definitely isnt LeBron himself or Maverick Carter. There have been smoke screens to keep interest from each of the potential fan bases and keep the hope alive in every city.

Have you noticed that the rumors for each city come out just when it appears he is definitely going elsewhere? Just when Chicago was out, the rumors came in last night about the address change and Boozer signs. Just when NY was out, the location of the Decision got publicity. And just when Miami seemed like the outsider, the Pat Riley "meeting" got leaked. It will all happen again today until this is over.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
IraHeatBeat

Now Chris Broussard saying on SportsCenter: "It is not a done deal. I'm not ready to say it's a done deal."?

Because it's bulls*** you twit.

LeBron's camp has played everyone throughout all of this. It's Cleveland or Chicago.

Translation: "ESPN told me to back off."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
IraHeatBeat

Now Chris Broussard saying on SportsCenter: "It is not a done deal. I'm not ready to say it's a done deal."?

Because it's bulls*** you twit.

LeBron's camp has played everyone throughout all of this. It's Cleveland or Chicago.

It is?

I wouldn't rule out any of the 4 teams (NY, CLE, CHI and MIA) out of it at this point.

I don't know how you can say Chicago is definitely more of a favorite at this point over Miami and New York also (due to all of the factors that have to be considered).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
he's back tracking a little on mike and mike now too. still says miami the favorites "but you never know"

ESPN won't let one of their employees ruin their big moment. They even kicked all the other media out of LeBron's camp yesterday. Gotta love em.

LeBron has played everyone. His camp has leaked nothing but BS from day 1. There is no report that isn't false, because the only person who knows is LeBron and maybe he's told his agent whose lips are sealed.

The LeBron group leaks whatever they want and don't give a s***. Hell, the LeBron camp BROKE the Wade/Bosh news so they wouldn't wait to announce on HIS day. (Don't believe me, see the Woj column). No one has any idea.

He's either going to Cleveland or Chicago, and I think they want to shock the world and that's why you aren't seeing anything about either of these two cities.

It won't be Miami. Kid is 25 and won't start coat-tailing for another 8 years. He needs HIS championship(s) first. Just use some common sense people.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
he's back tracking a little on mike and mike now too. still says miami the favorites "but you never know"

LeDouche is going to Miami. Broussard is just stopping short of confirming anything because ESPN doesn't want to hurt its ratings. I am convinced of this now. Bad News: We didnt get LeDouche, Good News: We have 3 new mortal enemies. VIVA BOOZER!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:49 AM)

What he is saying is that his sources are still saying Miami will be the decision, but people close to him think it's a bad idea. But LeBron, Wade and Bosh have had this plan for a while, and the question is whether he follows through or goes to a better basketball option.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:52 AM)
ESPN won't let one of their employees ruin their big moment. They even kicked all the other media out of LeBron's camp yesterday. Gotta love em.

ESPN was the first to air Broussards news. If they were concerned about ruining the moment they wouldnt have scrolled LeBron to Miami on the bottom line from 2-6 am. If anything Id say its a huge tell he isnt going to Miami or it never would have been leaked.

Also, anyone else think the last 45 minutes of the LeBron special will basically be a last ditch effort to repair his relationship with Cleveland for leaving them?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:54 AM)
LeBron has played everyone. His camp has leaked nothing but BS from day 1. There is no report that isn't false, because the only person who knows is LeBron and maybe he's told his agent whose lips are sealed.

The LeBron group leaks whatever they want and don't give a s***. Hell, the LeBron camp BROKE the Wade/Bosh news so they wouldn't wait to announce on HIS day. (Don't believe me, see the Woj column). No one has any idea.

He's either going to Cleveland or Chicago, and I think they want to shock the world and that's why you aren't seeing anything about either of these two cities.

It won't be Miami. Kid is 25 and won't start coat-tailing for another 8 years. He needs HIS championship(s) first. Just use some common sense people.

one of the news writers this morning posted on their twitter that they're hearing from a lot of league execs that this could be a diversion tactic, so you could be right

here's one of them, i can't find the other one

jadande

Part of me thinks LeBron's camp is just floating this Miami thing to gauge the reaction. And what I've seen has not been positive. about 7 hours ago via web

PDcavsinsider

I still have no direct confirmation from LeBron's inner circle on Miami. Maybe they're trying to save suspense in some way. about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

CR_Reina

Only thing that would shock me now is to not see LeBron's decision swing another way before the official announcement. about 7 hours ago via web

My problem is, as I sit here typing with "Decision Day'' upon us, I cannot see how James passes on the opportunity to join the Chicago Bulls.

If James does, indeed, announce tonight that he is going to be a Bull, it will set up the granddaddy of O.I.C. moments: Only In Cleveland can its NBA team feature LeBron James and Carlos Boozer at one point (2003-2004) and get zero titles from either -- only to have the two reunite with the hated Bulls seven seasons later to turn that team into the favorite to come out of the Eastern Conference.

clevelanddotcom "Bulls must be enticing for LBJ" http://bit.ly/aBT229 about 7 hours ago via twitterfeed

Edited by Real

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:08 AM)

10. Let's say LeBron signs with Miami. Can you even make the Finals with LeBron, Bosh, Wade and nine minimum-salary guys? Because that might be next year's team … and if that's what happens, the answer is "no effing way." You don't win titles just because of your top three. That belittles the meaning of guys like Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, John Paxson, Brian Shaw … you could go on for hours naming role players who swung a title. The 2008 Celts lucked out by getting James Posey, Eddie House and P.J. Brown for practically nothing; Miami wouldn't have that luxury this summer, not with so many role players jockeying for contracts one year before the possible lockout. Nobody is taking less money to showcase themselves for a summer that might not happen. Even if Miami could spin Michael Beasley for a fourth guy (say, Trevor Ariza), that's still not enough. They'd need one more rebounder, point guard, a 3-point shooter and a center. Good luck.

11. Another problem: You realize how many minutes these guys would log on a three-man team? 42-44 minutes for 100 games … and if anyone missed an extended stretch of games, then that would put even more pressure on the other two. Crazy. No way they win more than 50, especially with teams gunning for them every night. We've also never seen two perimeter superstar alpha dogs coexist for an NBA title -- not even when Jerry West and Elgin Baylor teamed up with Wilt Chamberlain against the aging Celtics in 1969. LeBron would have to accept becoming Mega-Pippen to Wade's Jordan. (Yeah, right.) Even during the final quarter of the 2008 gold-medal game, when everyone on the American team was staring at each other wondering who was going to step up against a red-hot Spain team, there were a few minutes of tentative, "I don't want to step on anyone's toes here" basketball before Kobe said "Screw it, get out of my way" and took over the key portion of the game.

Yep, agree.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
one of the news writers this morning posted on their twitter that they're hearing from a lot of league execs that this could be a diversion tactic, so you could be right

here's one of them, i can't find the other one

Considering all the manufactured drama, the way this is playing out like a movie, I truly do think it's a smokescreen. They need a good twist.

Carlos Boozer was on espn1000. He's a great interview. He said LeBron told him he's considering two teams, but didn't tell him which two. Boozer didn't seem overly confident that LeBron would be joining him, but he did remind him of how good their starting 5 would be.