NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
Why do people keep saying this?

The Lakers struggled against a Boston team who NO ONE gave any credit to here, now all of the sudden its different? If Miami gets LeBron they will be the best team in the league next year.. anyone who disagrees is either a bitter Bulls fan or a moron..

Just because no one gave any credit to Boston doesn't make them a team that wasn't any good. The only "morons" are the people that think Miami is just going to coast to the next 5 titles if they get LeBron.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Available guards in case we miss out on Lebron:

Anthony Morrow

JJ Redick

Matt Barnes

Ronnie Brewer

Luther Head

Josh Howard

Roger Mason

Mike Miller

Michael Redd (1 yr left on deal, 18.3 mil)

Quinton Ross

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
Im not buying Miami.

If I had to bet, Id say its Knicks, Chicago, Cleveland or Nets.

I cant see Lebron going to Miami on Wade's terms. I cant see Lebron and Wade in game 7 of the Finals with 10 seconds left deciding who is going to take the shot.

If Lebron is ego, if Lebron is megalomania, if Lebron wants a cult of personality, then Lebron needs to be his own man. He couldnt team up with Wade, he couldnt team up with Bosh, he had to make his own road. Knicks, Nets, Bulls, Cavs all provide that. They have complimentary pieces, but no one is going to argue that it is Rose's show, or Harris, etc. On the Bulls. Cavs, Nets, he is the highest paid player, there is no Amare with a max, no Wade getting a 6 year deal to his 5, no Bosh/Wade stealing his thunder announcing the day before.

Of the teams left, I was most concerned about the Knicks yesterday, it seemed like momentum was heading there way.

In the final hour, I am going to change my mind and go with the Bulls. This is not based on rumor, not based on fact, just based on my perception of the events and how they have unfolded.

Lebron wants tonight to be the biggest show on earth, and if he has anyone with a marketing brain, the most important thing to tonight is surprise.

If all the rumors say Lebron to Miami, and then he goes there, his big special is a so what.

Instead if all the rumors say the Bulls are out and at the last moment he picks the Bulls headband, hell dominate the news cycle.

There wont be any "Lebron joins Wade/Bosh in Miami" headlines, instead they will say "Lebron the Air Apparent"

:D

I love it when you analyze.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
Where did you hear this?

This is the first report of any contact between Lebron and Rose and also contradicts other reports that Rose wasnt hot on Lebron.

Not saying that its wrong, but if this is true it even gives me more hope that the Bulls are in it to win it. The main reason being that maybe Lebron asked them all to keep their mouth shut, and they are actually listening.

George Smith on Sportscenter. They were doing single reports on what's happening in each of the cities.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
I thought that was Boozer?

Boozer has been as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
Where did you see that?

It was just said on ESPN. Rose said it himself that he's had conversations and has texted LeBron though out this process.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
The only "morons" are the people that think Miami is just going to coast to the next 5 titles if they get LeBron.

Nah, ide definitely say its the people who are sour that the Bulls didn't get anything out of this offseason and don't want to see LeBron and Co. own the league for the foreseeable future..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
Why do people keep saying this?

The Lakers struggled against a Boston team who NO ONE gave any credit to here, now all of the sudden its different? If Miami gets LeBron they will be the best team in the league next year.. anyone who disagrees is either a bitter Bulls fan or a moron..

Guess I'm a moron then. I think they'd be good, probably one of the top 3-4 teams in the league. But I think everyone is overrating Bosh and not understanding the physical beating these three will have to take over the course of a season.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)
Nah, ide definitely say its the people who are sour that the Bulls didn't get anything out of this offseason and don't want to see LeBron and Co. own the league for the foreseeable future..

If LeBron doesn't come here, where he goes is irrelevant to me because regardless of which city it is, the Bulls aren't winning anything for quite a while.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)

Except the Bulls DID get something that improved their team quite a bit. And also because it's factual. Miami will be really, REALLY good with the big 3. But they won't coast to 5 straight titles. You NEED role players. They literally have NONE. And like someone else mentioned, those Boston teams were some of the best defensive teams.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)

Anthony Morrow

JJ Redick

Matt Barnes

Ronnie Brewer

Luther Head

Josh Howard

Roger Mason

Mike Miller

Quinton Ross

If Redd is healthy, I wouldn't mind trying to rekindle the magic there. If he can regain form (in a contract year), the Bulls could be really good.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)
Say this with me people: Chris Bosh might be the Heat's THIRD best player. I repeat, THIRD best player. They will be the team to beat until 2016. It won't be close. And they play in the east, too? lol.

Who's their fourth best player?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:27 AM)
Except the Bulls DID get something that improved their team quite a bit. And also because it's factual. Miami will be really, REALLY good with the big 3. But they won't coast to 5 straight titles. You NEED role players. They literally have NONE. And like someone else mentioned, those Boston teams were some of the best defensive teams.

It's easy to say they have no role players. They've got two guys under contract. It's not going to be hard to fill out a roster when you have three of the top 10 players in the game.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:22 AM)

Anthony Morrow

JJ Redick

Matt Barnes

Ronnie Brewer

Luther Head

Josh Howard

Roger Mason

Mike Miller

Quinton Ross

I'd prefer trading for one because I don't like much of what is out there. A few years ago I'd have loved Howard.

I like Redick a good amount, but not for as much as it will take to sign him.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:27 AM)

The Bulls aren't any closer to a title than they were last season.. Boozer is a nice player and all, but they aint gettin to the finals anytime soon as teams like Orlando, Miami, and Boston are still better than them even without knowing where LeBron is going.. you might add Cleveland or New York to that list too, who knows until tonight..

Why does everyone assume its just going to be LeBron, Wade, Bosh and crap? There will be some people who will find a way to get on that team to get themselves a ring.. its not going to be the Bigger 3 and then a handful of guys from off the street..