NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)
The Bulls aren't any closer to a title than they were last season.. Boozer is a nice player and all, but they aint gettin to the finals anytime soon as teams like Orlando, Miami, and Boston are still better than them even without knowing where LeBron is going.. you might add Cleveland or New York to that list too, who knows until tonight..

This I agree with. In fact, assuming LeBron doesn't come here, they might actually be further away.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:30 AM)
Why does everyone assume its just going to be LeBron, Wade, Bosh and crap? There will be some people who will find a way to get on that team to get themselves a ring.. its not going to be the Bigger 3 and then a handful of guys from off the street..

Because they'll literally have no money left if that happens.

The Bulls aren't any closer to a title than they were last season.. Boozer is a nice player and all, but they aint gettin to the finals anytime soon as teams like Orlando, Miami, and Boston are still better than them even without knowing where LeBron is going.. you might add Cleveland or New York to that list too, who knows until tonight..

Why does everyone assume its just going to be LeBron, Wade, Bosh and crap? There will be some people who will find a way to get on that team to get themselves a ring.. its not going to be the Bigger 3 and then a handful of guys from off the street..

The Bulls still have $17 mil in available cap space. We ain't done yet.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)
This is the thing that annoys me the most. He is going to embarrass a lot of important NBA people today. I cannot believe he has the balls to let the teams know where he is going. He cares so much about this getting leaked that he is going to embarass everyone but Pat Riley. I hate LeDouche.

I am requesting you remove my avatar from your profile. Haters and non-believers are not allowed to don the coke-snorting LeBron Watch avatar.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
Because they'll literally have no money left if that happens.

LeBron + Wade + Bosh is a little under 50M, which leaves a little more than 8M to work with. Beasley, Chalmers, and Anthony take up most of that. But Beasley and Chalmers have a good chance of being dealt for other pieces. This is assuming LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all received 16.5M their first year. They could structure it differently.

Miami with 4 players is better than the Bulls?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
This I agree with. In fact, assuming LeBron doesn't come here, they might actually be further away.

Well, quite frankly, if Lebron stays in Cleveland I think there is a lot of parody in the East.

I'd rank the Celtics as the top title contending team, albeit they are very likely to get hurt and fall apart.

Than I'd have the Cavs (w/LBJ) as they will improve and they had the best record last year.

Than I go Magic, followed by the Bulls, Heat, and Hawks.

The Bulls could jump into the Top 3 if Boston were to slide off, which is possible.

But I don't see any team being by far and away better out of the top 4 (Celtics, Magic, Heat, Bulls, Cavs).

I think the Heat would be on the outside looking in.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)
The Bulls still have $17 mil in available cap space. We ain't done yet.

I don't think there is anyone else out there, not including LeBron, that is going to push the Bulls past any of those teams..

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)
It's not going to be that difficult to fill out a roster with those three as your centerpieces.

That remains to be seen. This isn't a normal year. Players are scrambling to get their money before a potential fallout next year.

If they got Bosh instead of Boozer would that have brought them closer?

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Michael Beasley. But he will likely be traded for other parts most likely.

No one will be dealing with the Heat, imo, if they end up with the big 3. If that happens, a lot of people are gonna be clamoring about some tampering.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
Miami with 4 players is better than the Bulls?

If three of them are Lebron, Bosh, and Wade, then they clearly are. The key for them is finding (very) cheap role players that fit, because that's what they need to be better than the top few teams in the league.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)
As I said back on page 62, look ahead about 2 years. Chicago will be a contender due to the continued development of rose/noah/gibson. They've just added an all-star player and people don't think that's an improvement? You guys are nuts.

Agreed, everyone has been b****ing that we have needed a low post player to compete and we have done that, and now it's not enough. GMAFB, we don't get LBJ and end up with a Ronnie Brewer type and/or a shooter and we will be sitting pretty

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
As I said back on page 62, look ahead about 2 years. Chicago will be a contender due to the continued development of rose/noah/gibson. They've just added an all-star player and people don't think that's an improvement? You guys are nuts.

Taj Gibson is 56 years old