NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)
Vets all over the league will be looking to jump on that bandwagon. It won't be that hard at all.

I think you're wrong here. No one of significance is going to go from making a couple million a season to what, like 800k, just for the chance to win a title, especially if there's a potential lockout.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
I think you're wrong here. No one of significance is going to go from making a couple million a season to what, like 800k, just for the chance to win a title, especially if there's a potential lockout.

What about aging veterans looking for their last chance at a title? There has to be a few of those.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:37 AM)
If three of them are Lebron, Bosh, and Wade, then they clearly are. The key for them is finding (very) cheap role players that fit, because that's what they need to be better than the top few teams in the league.

He said that PRE-LEBRON (meaning Wade, Bosh, Chalmers and Beasley) that the Heat are better than the Bulls.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
Yes because getting Bosh would have netted them one of LeBron or Wade

This is true, but Bosh wasn't going anywhere unless he knew LeBron or Wade would go there too, so in a sense those two had the cards all along.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:37 AM)
No one will be dealing with the Heat, imo, if they end up with the big 3. If that happens, a lot of people are gonna be clamoring about some tampering.

Couldn't agree more.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:39 AM)
He said that PRE-LEBRON (meaning Wade, Bosh, Chalmers and Beasley) that the Heat are better than the Bulls.

Oh, well that's defintely not true.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
Miami with 4 players is better than the Bulls?

How many do the Bulls have again?

Rose

Deng

Noah

Gibson

Boozer

James Johnson

cap space

So that'd be only 6, with no starting-caliber shooting guard at the moment.

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/ne...th-beach-201087

LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.

That adds more fuel to the fire that James, 25, will announce he's joining the Miami Heat Thursday night, as several insiders told ESPN this morning.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)
Say this with me people: Chris Bosh might be the Heat's THIRD best player. I repeat, THIRD best player. They will be the team to beat until 2016. It won't be close. And they play in the east, too? lol.

Carlos Boozer might be the Bulls THIRD best player.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:39 AM)
What about aging veterans looking for their last chance at a title? There has to be a few of those.

99.9% of players go for money. That's why Bosh/Wade/Lebron has been so strange (though really only Bosh at this point is potentially signing for under the max of what he can get). I find it incredibly hard to believe that someone would give up a couple of million (or more).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)

Youre right, no one of significance is going to do that.. but role players and those certain pieces you need WILL be willing to do that..

They would already have the star power, the bench and role players would most certainly take those cuts to get a title..

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
Steve,

Shirley Koritnik didnt trademark it. Also the site would be THE Air Apparent. I could tm air apparent, (its in a different class than her beauty products.)

f*** that slut

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:37 AM)
Let's not forget how good the Bulls were playing before injuries hit last season. They were looking awesome. Now we have Boozer and $17 million worth of other players. There is hope as far as I'm concerned.

They also dumped Hinrich, who isn't great but was at least a somewhat serviceable guard. Right now the only guard on the roster is Derrick Rose, that's kind of a problem.

I say this with the utmost respect, you guys are FULL OF s***! You know damn well if we had Bosh/Wade in place with a chance to add Lebron you wouldn't be talking about "OH MY GOOD GOLLY JESUS! WHEREVER WILL WE FIND ROLEPLAYERS!" You'd all be talking about how the only question would be could we match the 6 titles from the 90's. In a little over 8 hours, the NBA title could possibly be spoken for through 2016. Just face it.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
How many do the Bulls have again?

Rose

Deng

Noah

Gibson

Boozer

James Johnson

cap space

So that'd be only 6, with no starting-caliber shooting guard at the moment.

Rose/Deng/Boozer/Noah > Wade/Bosh/Chalmers/Beasley

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
Carlos Boozer might be the Bulls THIRD best player.

No.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:42 AM)
I say this with the utmost respect, you guys are FULL OF s***! You know damn well if we had Bosh/Wade in place with a chance to add Lebron you wouldn't be talking about "OH MY GOOD GOLLY JESUS! WHEREVER WILL WE FIND ROLEPLAYERS!" You'd all be talking about how the only question would be could we match the 6 titles from the 90's. In a little over 8 hours, the NBA title could possibly be spoken for through 2016. Just face it.

You're an idiot (with respect).

Again, no one is claiming (at least i'm not) that they're not a contender. You're making the ridiculous argument that they win a title each year through 2016. One injury and that team is screwed.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
99.9% of players go for money. That's why Bosh/Wade/Lebron has been so strange (though really only Bosh at this point is potentially signing for under the max of what he can get). I find it incredibly hard to believe that someone would give up a couple of million (or more).

Would you rather play for $1.8M in Milwaukee or some other dud city and lose 65 games or play on a title contender for $800K while being televised all the time on national games and perhaps getting more opportunities at local endorsement deals....while playing in South Beach?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
Youre right, no one of significance is going to do that.. but role players and those certain pieces you need WILL be willing to do that..

They would already have the star power, the bench and role players would most certainly take those cuts to get a title..

These role players and bench players don't make s*** over the course of their careers compared to starters. I find it VERY hard to believe there will be a lot of players who give up millions (who pretty much go year to year contract wise) just to play with the trio.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
You're an idiot (with respect).

Again, no one is claiming (at least i'm not) that they're not a contender. You're making the ridiculous argument that they win a title each year through 2016. One injury and that team is screwed.

hey you cant say whatever you want if you lead it with "with all due respect". It doesnt work that way

/talladega nights

on a serious note, jenks and jordan, no need to call names because you disagree.

Guys, if miami gets Lebron, it's not a contest. That team would not lose. You may be able to shut one down in the course of a game, maybe 2, but just one of those guys can win singlehandedly. It's over for the NBA if that happens. MAYBE kobe/gasol can beat them. MAYBE.

edit: would not lose a 7 game series

Edited by bmags