NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
I bet they do.

Less than a 0 percent chance of that happening. They would be the favorites to win it all imo if this happens(I'm still not buying it) but there is no chance in hell they win 70, none.

The Heat with LBJ/Wade/Bosh are going to see zone defense like you've never seen before. This isn't going to be a one-on-one fest like they've seen in the past. Teams are going to pack it in and make them shoot from outside. None of them are particular great from distance. So yes, they will definitely need some shooters to keep defenses honest.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
I bet they do.

They'd have a pretty legitimate shot at it if they wanted it and stayed healthy. But I don't think three guys like this get together to make regular season history, so I'm guessing they'd settle on a total in the 60's and save some steam for the playoffs as a general rule.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
This is all worthless anyway. Lebron joins the Heat and he never sniffs a scoring title or MVP for the rest of his career.

He may only average 24 ppg but hed prolly have 15 assists per game

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
They'd have a legitimate shot at it if they wanted it. But I don't think three guys like this get together to make regular season history, so I'm guessing they'd settle on a total in the 60's and save some steam for the playoffs as a general rule.

You kidding me? Those 3 assholes would certainly do their best to get to 70, too bad they wouldn't get there.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
Less than a 0 percent chance of that happening. They would be the favorites to win it all imo if this happens(I'm still not buying it) but there is no chance in hell they win 70, none.

They will consistently be in the 60's with those three players. All it takes is some luck and they hit 70. If a team like Dallas a few years back can flirt with it, this team can hit it for sure.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:54 PM)
He may only average 24 ppg but hed prolly have 15 assists per game

Yeah, cause the Heat have so many great spot up shooters. Ask D. Rose how easy it is to get assists when you have no one that can shoot the ball.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
How many do the Bulls have again?

Rose

Deng

Noah

Gibson

Boozer

James Johnson

cap space

So that'd be only 6, with no starting-caliber shooting guard at the moment.

Asik as well (albeit not technically under contract). Plus we have a couple trade exceptions that will allow us to sign people for 3 to 4 mill deals (Hakeem Warrick exception, Hinrich exception, etc).

That is a much different story. And if the reports are true, Bulls don't have Deng if they get Lebron but instead have a couple other guys that give us depth.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:56 AM)
You kidding me? Those 3 assholes would certainly do their best to get to 70, too bad they wouldn't get there.

I doubt it, 70 wins doesn't do you much if you kill yourselves to get it and are out of gas in the playoffs. I don't think they're idiots.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
I doubt it, 70 wins doesn't do you much if you kill yourselves to get it and are out of gas in the playoffs. I don't think they're idiots.

The Bulls did it by absolutely cruising out of the gate at 41-3, they had plenty of gas left.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
Hes won no titles because hes been ALONE.. that's the point here, he wont be alone he will be with Wade and Bosh..

LeBron by himself is good enough for 60+ wins.. now add Wade and Bosh to that team..

Actually, Lebron by himself is good enough for 26 wins per statisticians.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)

Whatever, I completely disagree with you. I think those 3 would go all out to try and reach 70.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:56 AM)
Asik as well (albeit not technically under contract). Plus we have a couple trade exceptions that will allow us to sign people for 3 to 4 mill deals (Hakeem Warrick exception, Hinrich exception, etc).

That is a much different story. And if the reports are true, Bulls don't have Deng if they get Lebron but instead have a couple other guys that give us depth.

Trade exceptions don't let you sign guys, they're only for trading purposes. You'd have to convince someone to give you a player for nothing basically.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
I don't really see how you can say that when the two best players in the equation are on the other side. Deng and Beasley are both talented forwards that most seem to want to give away for free, so they kind of cancel out. Does Noah's defense/rebounding make up ALL of the difference between the caliber of the two stars? Hard to say.

I would say it depends on who else signs. If they Heat got Haywood or some other defensive center, then I'd say they're better than the Bulls since Noah is the only edge you can really argue that Chicago has right now.

You must be high if you think Deng = Beasley. Unlike Beasley, deng doesn't have attitude problems, and works hard on defense. Deng is a grown man, and beasley is a whiny little b****. Heat wants to trade Beasley for a pure salary dump, but Bulls would actually get something in return for Deng.

Overall Deng is a much better player and team player right now.

deng > beasley by a landslide

the heats have 1 superstar, 1 borderline superstar, 1 bench player, bulls have 1 future superstar, 1 allstar, and 1 potential allstar. Given that, I would say Heats might have a little bit of an edge there. but the bulls also have two solid role players in Gibson and Johnson.

And the Bulls should have about $2.5mil to sign a free agent after they hand out a max, while if the Heat sign the big 3, they would be forced to sign only minimum contracts.

So overall, the Bulls should have an edge overall in terms of roster. But roster is not the biggest concern here, Lebron's ego and loyalty ultimately decides where he will sign.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
I don't really see how you can say that when the two best players in the equation are on the other side. Deng and Beasley are both talented forwards that most seem to want to give away for free, so they kind of cancel out. Does Noah's defense/rebounding make up ALL of the difference between the caliber of the two stars? Hard to say.

I would say it depends on who else signs. If they Heat got Haywood or some other defensive center, then I'd say they're better than the Bulls since Noah is the only edge you can really argue that Chicago has right now.

Why does everyone think Bosh is so much better than Boozer?