NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
Deng just turned 25 a couple months ago. He's not a finished product.

Problem is that he regressed from what he was a few years ago so it's kind of hard to see him getting better.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
It would be kind of odd, if they signed Lebron, to spend their last actual amount of cap space on a 2...

LeBron has been adamant about getting a shooter on the wing though (and no, not Gilbert Arenas).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
LeBron has been adamant about getting a shooter on the wing though (and no, not Gilbert Arenas).

So they would basically completely sacrifice 1 & 5 positions on the floor when they have 5 million in cap space just to bring in Mike Miller? Why not find a shooting PG?

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
Deng just turned 25 a couple months ago. He's not a finished product.

Yes he is. He's been a starter in the league for six seasons, a major leap forward in production is extremely unlikely at this point.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
So they would basically completely sacrifice 1 & 5 positions on the floor when they have 5 million in cap space just to bring in Mike Miller? Why not find a shooting PG?

James is going to play the point, Wade the 2, Miller the 3...Wade would guard the 1, Miller the 2, James the 3

If he goes to the Heat, I'm sure Pat Riley stroked James' ego by saying he could play like Magic.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
Yes he is. He's been a starter in the league for six seasons, a major leap forward in production is extremely unlikely at this point.

But he should get better having a low post player around him. Hes' a relatively efficient scorer coming off his best season. The key to Deng is health. He isn't an all star, but he's an above average player and an asset. Especially now that he's extended his range and appears capable of being a decent 3 point shooter. If Luol continues to improve that aspect of his game he should be quite valuable (albeit a little overpaid in my eyes).

If the Bulls missed out, what does everyone think they do. Will they sign 2 or 3 guys? Will they pull off a trade? Will they move guys and accumulate expiring deals to have cap room for next year?

Outside of Melo, who is potentially available next season?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
But he should get better having a low post player around him. Hes' a relatively efficient scorer coming off his best season. The key to Deng is health. He isn't an all star, but he's an above average player and an asset. Especially now that he's extended his range and appears capable of being a decent 3 point shooter. If Luol continues to improve that aspect of his game he should be quite valuable (albeit a little overpaid in my eyes).

Luol Deng isn't an impact player in the NBA. He belongs in basketball Siberia, aka Sacramento, Memphis, Clippers etc... He will be left alone, nobody will expect things from him, all will be well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
If the Bulls missed out, what does everyone think they do. Will they sign 2 or 3 guys? Will they pull off a trade? Will they move guys and accumulate expiring deals to have cap room for next year?

I'd personally like to sign a couple guys. A shooter (Redick/Korver/Morrow), a big guard (Brewer/Childress), and another big man (Asik?).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)

I bet Ben Gordon is available.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
I'd personally like to sign a couple guys. A shooter (Redick/Korver/Morrow), a big guard (Brewer/Childress), and another big man (Asik?).

I agree. I think Brewer as a starting SG, with Morrow, Gibson, Asik, Johnson coming off the bench would be very. All they'd need would be a backup point guard.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:38 PM)
I really think the silence out of Bulls camp and the fact that they haven't reached out to other players means they think they have LeBron.

I'd say what I think . . . but then you'd get mad and tell me to remove my avatar. How is Cristobal Huet treating you these days (I'm kidding, I know you gave up on him).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
I really think the silence out of Bulls camp and the fact that they haven't reached out to other players means they think they have LeBron.

And if WWW is the one telling them he's coming there, then the Bulls know nothing also!

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)

I woudl be quite happy with a Reddick & Childress. Gives us a lot of flexibility.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)

I think they don't know anything, just like the Heats, Nets, Cavs, Clippers, Knicks, and everyone else for that matter. Anything else is pure talk at this point.