NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
Luol Deng isn't an impact player in the NBA. He belongs in basketball Siberia, aka Sacramento, Memphis, Clippers etc... He will be left alone, nobody will expect things from him, all will be well.

Impact player, no, but a good 3rd or 4th option, absolutely.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:42 PM)
You need someone though that can hit a jump shot outside of 18 feet. Clogging up the lane would be awful with Rose as the pg.

Morrow coming off the bench. It'd basically be a matchup platoon.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:42 PM)
You need someone though that can hit a jump shot outside of 18 feet. Clogging up the lane would be awful with Rose as the pg.

And how exactly does a SG like Brewer clog up the lane?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
Problem is that he regressed from what he was a few years ago so it's kind of hard to see him getting better.

Well he's been injured the past 3 seasons. Wrist, leg, back, ankle. Everything. I think if he can remain healthy, we'll see some good improvement. He was playing pretty well before his injury in March. If he can't get healthy, then he is what he is.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
His posting rep is at stake. If LeBron goes to Miami, Steve is screwed anyways. :lol:

It won't happen. He will not don a Wade-County t-shirt. Wade repping that shirt alone will make LeBron think "f*** that".

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:44 PM)
We'd need a shooter, not a stopper.

Wow, I've said it like 4 times. Morrow and Brewer would basically be splitting time depending on matchups. Morrow is your shooter, Brewer is your defender.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:44 PM)
Boozer apparently told people Lebron is 50/50 right now between NY and MIA.

Saw that too, Lebrons camp is literally putting s*** out there about basically every team. I think in the end it's Cleveland vs. Chicago. I'll gladly admit I was wrong but I've been saying this for a couple days so let's hope I'm not way off.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
Saw that too, Lebrons camp is literally putting s*** out there about basically every team. I think in the end it's Cleveland vs. Chicago. I'll gladly admit I was wrong but I've been saying this for a couple days so let's hope I'm not way off.

No doubt. I'm sticking with it being the Bulls or Knicks.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:44 PM)
Boozer apparently told people Lebron is 50/50 right now between NY and MIA.

Boozer also might have been told by Lebron that he is coming to Chicago just to add to the shock and awe when he makes the announcements. I dont believe s*** from anyone right now.