NBA Offseason Thread

Drunkbomber,

Were on the same page. I worry about what winning with the Knicks could do for his legacy, or being the guy who built the Brooklyn Roc's (I assume they wont be Nets, so im just pretending Jay-Z will name the team after his own label) or the guy who won more rings than Jordan in Chicago.

What could he do in Miami that wouldnt be seen as "Lebron/Wade/Bosh" the Three Amigos?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Minutes played are obviously a major consideration. There's a big difference in posting a 20-plus in 38 MPG and doing it in 20 MPG. Chris Bosh has consistently been one of the most efficient big men in the league in heavy minutes. He's a very good offensive player that is effective on the glass.

People argue Kobe over Lebron because he has Pau Gasol and wins more, that doesn't mean Kobe's a better player. The team around you has a huge impact on your individual standing. Pau Gasol got basically all of the same crap thrown at him as Bosh did now when he was with Memphis, now you don't hear any of that because he landed in a much better situation.

I never argued that Bosh is a good defender, guys have their own strengths and weaknesses. Bosh doesn't have a ton of bulk, so he needs some help doing the dirty work inside. Pairing him with Bargnani up front is just asking him for trouble, pairing him with someone like Perkins or Noah would drastically improve things. It's not Bosh's fault they had a poorly constructed roster.

Howard is one of the best defenders in the league so of course their defense is decent. He's an awesome defender and the rest of their team is fairly average. I don't see how that is relevant in any way since Howard is clearly better than Bosh and isn't on any of the teams in question. Players that can single-handedly improve an entire defense are rare.

huh? what?

I am talking about individual skills sets, not winning. Any team Bosh was on sucked, end of argument. 4 Years ago, Lakers were crap team, Kobe is averaging 35 ppg, people crown him as the best in the league. Now it's a debate between Lebron and Kobe, and yet their PER is drastically different.

It's could be the same debate with Bosh and Boozer. You can't necessarily say Bosh is better than Boozer just because of PER, it doesn't measure accurately. It also depends on the team you are on, the style of basketball you play, the competition you played against, and the efficiency on defense, any type of clutch plays, how they fare in the playoffs. You can't measure any of those with PER. So to say Bosh is better than Boozer because he consistently puts up better PER is faulty.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
Chicago must have really bombed their presentation if Chicago isn't in his top 3. I think he'll do that tonight, narrow it down to three teams and pick from there.

He's going to take a 3 pointer, if he makes it he's going to the Knicks, if he misses he's going to the Bulls.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
Chicago must have really bombed their presentation if Chicago isn't in his top 3. I think he'll do that tonight, narrow it down to three teams and pick from there.

I doubt it had anything to do with their presentation. Its pretty obvious what the Bulls have to offer, and if winning isn't his top priority, then there was nothing the Bulls were gonna present that would change his mind.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
I doubt it had anything to do with their presentation. Its pretty obvious what the Bulls have to offer, and if winning isn't his top priority, then there was nothing the Bulls were gonna present that would change his mind.

I still think it comes down to more obvious factors, like wanting to play with friends.

As much as I ripped on the Bulls yesterday for the potential of coming up empty (when I wasn't thinking about the Miami scenario for LBJ), if he goes to the Heat, I don't think there is much they could have done to stop it. Or anybody else for that matter.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
Drunkbomber,

Were on the same page. I worry about what winning with the Knicks could do for his legacy, or being the guy who built the Brooklyn Roc's (I assume they wont be Nets, so im just pretending Jay-Z will name the team after his own label) or the guy who won more rings than Jordan in Chicago.

What could he do in Miami that wouldnt be seen as "Lebron/Wade/Bosh" the Three Amigos?

Ya the Knicks worry me. They got Amare and have Curry coming off the books next year and two of his closer friends are Chris Paul and Carmello Anthony. We also know he likes NYC. However, as it stands, Chicago is the better option. The young stars at critical positions and addition of Boozer gives him the ridiculously rare opportunity to step into a team built to win now and assume the role of leader. Its also the team his hero growing up played for and its in a major market. The scenario Pax has set up was flawless IMO and is an ideal situation for anyone thinking logically.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
I still think it comes down to more obvious factors, like wanting to play with friends.

I agree.

I honestly think the Bulls presentation was probably a bit "too white and too old" for LeBron and his cohorts.

We had JR, Pax, Gar, ad Thibs there. 4 middle-aged/older white men that represent the establishment.

Probably was not super appealing to LeBron.

Not that that should matter, but my guess is that it didn't help our cause any.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
K.C Johnson KCJHoop

Jazz will sign-and-trade Boozer to Bulls. Bulls get protected 2nd-round pick. Jazz get trade exception.

Does this mean Booz gets his 6th year and more $?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
huh? what?

I am talking about individual skills sets, not winning. Any team Bosh was on sucked, end of argument. 4 Years ago, Lakers were crap team, Kobe is averaging 35 ppg, people crown him as the best in the league. Now it's a debate between Lebron and Kobe, and yet their PER is drastically different.

It's could be the same debate with Bosh and Boozer. You can't necessarily say Bosh is better than Boozer just because of PER, it doesn't measure accurately. It also depends on the team you are on, the style of basketball you play, the competition you played against, and the efficiency on defense, any type of clutch plays, how they fare in the playoffs. You can't measure any of those with PER. So to say Bosh is better than Boozer because he consistently puts up better PER is faulty.

Bosh is better because he's a better player, PER is what you use to try to back that up. He is a better offensive player than Boozer and is more mobile. Also, any expert in the league will tell you that Bosh is a better player, and that Boozer isn't even a top-5 player at his position.

I lost track of where else this was going, other than laughing at your general "Bosh is an overrated SF that had a career year" point.