NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
Hah...as much as Chicagoans can be meatheads, New Yorkers can be such assholes.

I agree with their point that he's taking the easy way out if he goes to Miami. Although I don't mean that as a i'm mad he's not coming to Chicago point, or think he's a wimp not going to New York point, I mean it more as a general point.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Also, any expert in the league will tell you that Bosh is a better player, and that Boozer isn't even a top-5 player at his position.

Other than Bosh, Dirk, Amar'e and Gasol name me one more that is better than Boozer. Not trying to prove anything, but I'm drawing a blank off the top of my head since Duncan played center last season (unless you want to still count him as a power forward) Garnett is declining and Aldridge isn't there yet.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Other than Bosh, Dirk, Amar'e and Gasol name me one more that is better than Boozer. Not trying to prove anything, but I'm drawing a blank off the top of my head since Duncan played center last season (unless you want to still count him as a power forward) Garnett is declining and Aldridge isn't there yet.

I'll take Boozer over Amar'e, honestly.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
I agree with their point that he's taking the easy way out if he goes to Miami. Although I don't mean that as a i'm mad he's not coming to Chicago point, or think he's a wimp not going to New York point, I mean it more as a general point.

He is taking the easy way out. But I doubt if they lose that that the blame will go on Riley or Wade or Bosh. If they lose, LeBron will be the first one blamed.

Secondly, simply because you don't want to play or live in New York f***ing City does not mean you are afraid of anything. I hate when they say that s***.

3 year deal also potentially puts the rest of his contracts under new CBA, which could cost him drastically.

I guess I thought Lebron wanted to be a brand.

If he goes to Miami, good luck to him. I dont understand it, and dont even believe its his best chance at rings and legendary status, but Im not the one making the pitch.

For all I know Lebron is pissed at Wade/Bosh and is now leading them on so that he can crush them.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
3 year deal also potentially puts the rest of his contracts under new CBA, which could cost him drastically.

I guess I thought Lebron wanted to be a brand.

If he goes to Miami, good luck to him. I dont understand it, and dont even believe its his best chance at rings and legendary status, but Im not the one making the pitch.

For all I know Lebron is pissed at Wade/Bosh and is now leading them on so that he can crush them.

As far as I can tell, no one has said LeBron is going to Miami other than "Multiple Sources" which we've heard a million times.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)

I am calling Duncan a PF even though he often plays center (same is true of Bosh, Amare and Gasol). He's probably right after them at the moment, though over the next few years Jefferson (if healthy), Lee and Griffin could be better.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)

They have fairly similar strengths and weaknesses, but Amare (I refuse to use the apostrophe) is more explosive and is a better shooter. Plus if Amare ever tried on defense, I don't think it would be close.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Bosh is better because he's a better player, PER is what you use to try to back that up. He is a better offensive player than Boozer and is more mobile. Also, any expert in the league will tell you that Bosh is a better player, and that Boozer isn't even a top-5 player at his position.

I lost track of where else this was going, other than laughing at your general "Bosh is an overrated SF that had a career year" point.

I said Bosh was an oversized small forward who is also a good rebounder..

Bosh is the rupaul of basketball.

That's what shaq said.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
They have fairly similar strengths and weaknesses, but Amare (I refuse to use the apostrophe) is more explosive and is a better shooter. Plus if Amare ever tried on defense, I don't think it would be close.

He is?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
I said Bosh was an oversized small forward who is also a good rebounder..

Bosh is the rupaul of basketball.

That's what shaq said.

Well if Shaq said it it must be true!

Does that mean Garnett is an oversized SF then? What about Rasheed Wallace? Amare? A lot of power forwards aren't really low-post bangers anymore.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)

You won't get an argument from me. For a big guy, Amar'e can't board to save his life (though he's better in the playoffs) and has played with Nash damn near his whole career. (Boozer was already a solid player before Deron Williams came into the league and became Deron Williams) Also he is the worst overall defender between the two IMO.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
He is taking the easy way out. But I doubt if they lose that that the blame will go on Riley or Wade or Bosh. If they lose, LeBron will be the first one blamed.

Secondly, simply because you don't want to play or live in New York f***ing City does not mean you are afraid of anything. I hate when they say that s***.

LeBron would not be the first one blamed in Miami. Thats Wade County and Pat Riley put the team together. Any of the other 3 teams and LeBron is first to get blamed. Thats the whole point, if they win championship(s) in Miami they are doing something Wade has already done with other players. Its Wades team. It almost seems impossible to me LeBron would put himself in a position like that.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
Yeah, he is. Amare is a damn good pick-and-roll shooter, he hit 48, 48, 46 and 42 of his 16-23 foot jumpers the last four years.

Hmm, I did not know this. I thought he was more of a guy who just dunked a lot.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
You won't get an argument from me. For a big guy, Amar'e can't board to save his life (though he's better in the playoffs) and has played with Nash damn near his whole career. (Boozer was already a solid player before Deron Williams came into the league and became Deron Williams) Also he is the worst overall defender between the two IMO.

They both suck defensively. Amare just doesn't try, Boozer is limited with his length and lateral quickness. Boozer's career average is only 17 a game even playing the pick and roll with Williams, Amare is at 21. That's a big difference.