NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
Food for thought: the Jazz were 2.3 points per 100 possessions WORSE this year when Boozer was on the floor than when he was on the bench. :ph34r:

Maybe because Paul Millisap is probably better, who knows.

But hell, a stat like that is +/- in hockey. I don't know if that tells anywhere near the whole story.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
I am confident that Lebron James will be a bull. I don't know why just am. I'm going to work now so this will be the last thought I have on this subject here and I wanted it to the be positive.

Oh we'll see your black ass later tonight anyways. :P And yes I agree with you... and also praying and keeping the faith.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
However, if hte report is true and Riley will be at the press conference, well that ain't good. I hope to hear that the Bulls are sending someone as well.

I guess the Knicks wont' have any of there key people there.

Each team will have a representative there. Once again, the Bulls are quiet... expectant.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Is it really that hard to comprehend? If he wasn't 6'10, he is a pure small forward BECAUSE he doesn't have the skills sets of a traditional big man. If Shaq wasn't 7'1 and 300lb, he still is a great low post scorer, knows how to use his strength, and got a highly accurate hook shots. if bosh is 6'8 weighs 230, plays like the way he is, he would something similar to luol deng. Other players have the size and skillsets, bosh only has the height, not the weight nor skillsets.

you sure do know your stats man, but if you watched his game, he is also a better slasher than most big man in the league. He got most of his 46% inside shots from layups, drives to baskets. He can play the post, but just isn't very good at it.

It's stupid because NO big man would be as effective down low if you subtracted several inches from their height. So Bosh gets penalized because he can hit jumpers and handle the ball a bit? He's still WAY more dangerous down low than any small forward not named Lebron, and he rebounds just fine for the position. He's a power forward all the way.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)

But hell, a stat like that is +/- in hockey. I don't know if that tells anywhere near the whole story.

+/- in basketball is not nearly the same as +/- in hockey. In fact.. most stats like that in basketball are irrelevant especially when you factor in subbing, defensive rotations, playing against bench players, etc.. At least with hockey most of the top defensemen and top lines play against other top teams lines/defensemen majority of the night.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
It's stupid because NO big man would be as effective down low if you subtracted several inches from their height. So Bosh gets penalized because he can hit jumpers and handle the ball a bit? He's still WAY more dangerous down low than any small forward not named Lebron, and he rebounds just fine for the position. He's a power forward all the way.

What is Charles Barkley was 6'1 instead of 6'4?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
Each team will have a representative there. Once again, the Bulls are quiet... expectant.

I wonder who our rep will be. I'd feel a lot better knowing that we aren't just sending some staffer and that the Heat are sending Riley.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
I wonder who our rep will be. I'd feel a lot better knowing that we aren't just sending some staffer and that the Heat are sending Riley.

Who is the doofus we sent to the D-Rose lottery? Use him. He's lucky.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
Yet he draws fouls at a much higher rate than Boozer so he gets to the line more and have you watched the Jazz? Boozer gets a ton of his shots at the rim off of the pick and roll and put backs not from low post moves.

yes, he also uses his strength to back down and get close inside shots, easy layups, turn around jumpers, and occasional hook shots. Is it safe to say he is a more traditional big man then Bosh and a better low post scorer of the two. Yes.

Why discount him for pick and rolls? Amar'e used it a lot with Nash, that doesn't take anything away from him.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)

I don't think it's the be-all-and-end-all, just wanted to be a pain in the ass. :lol:

I think it tells you that they don't lose much when Millsap is in instead of Boozer, though it's a bit mis-leading because he's going up against the other team's starters most of the game.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
What is Charles Barkley was 6'1 instead of 6'4?

He'd have been worse than he was, which is what I said. Does that mean that Shaq would have been s***ty if he were 6'11"? No, but for those guys in the 6'8"-6'10" range it would be a pretty major blow.

at least 2.5m of the ad revenue from tonight is going to charity, but the more I hear about this idea the more I hate it, there's no need to have reps from every team there when it's pretty clear he's going to Miami. The fact that he's going to further clown Cleveland fans by having a rep there is just a joke to me.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
at least 2.5m of the ad revenue from tonight is going to charity, but the more I hear about this idea the more I hate it, there's no need to have reps from every team there when it's pretty clear he's going to Miami

The whole thing is so idiotic I refuse to even turn it on.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
yes, he also uses his strength to back down and get close inside shots, easy layups, turn around jumpers, and occasional hook shots. Is it safe to say he is a more traditional big man then Bosh and a better low post scorer of the two. Yes.

Why discount him for pick and rolls? Amar'e used it a lot with Nash, that doesn't take anything away from him.

I'm not discounting him for pick and rolls. But if you are going to discount Bosh's game as a PF by saying he drives to the basket it is only fair to point out that Boozer has been at least as reliant on the pick and roll as Bosh is on driving to the basket.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)

charles barkley and elton brand says hi.

players will be less effective on the post IF they are shorter, but bosh has the size, but still isn't great at the post, and plays like a small forward. He is a oversized small forward. Just sayin...

miami is gonna be his destination, ive convinced myself

BronBron is terrified and nervous according to what ive read from people who are reporting from wherever he is right now, bball camp or w/e

Cleveland is gonna fall off the map

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
charles barkley and elton brand says hi.

players will be less effective on the post IF they are shorter, but bosh has the size, but still isn't great at the post, and plays like a small forward. He is a oversized small forward. Just sayin...

You are being quite ridiculous. No small forward gets 46% of their shots in the basket area, not even Lebron. If you want to argue that an elite power forward in recent years plays more like a SF, it's clearly Dirk or Garnett since neither of them have been over 30% in the basket area in recent years. You're basically trying to penalize him for being a more versatile offensive player.