NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
I think he's staying in Cleveland or going to Chicago and I don't think he's really considering any place else.

I'vethought this for a long time. Only Ny and NJ scared me until NY bombed out and NJ wasn't a good situation to win.

final verdict:

70% - returns to Cleveland for 3 years

15% - Chicago

15% - Miami

I think the money situation, the ego situation, the depleted roster, and the fact that they didn't all announce together means Miami isn't very likely. Chicago still has a shot, if only because its the most logical destination (money, market, titles, legacy). But in the end, he can't pull the trigger and remains a Cav. He signs for 3 years to give himself another shot with a team that's all his. Plus, after 3 years I think the fans would be more accepting of him leaving to get his rings.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)

PG eh? That is actually a brilliant idea by Riley. Been saying it will come down to Chicago, Cleveland or Miami. If he chooses Miami, then him playing PG would be incredible to watch.

James-PG

Wade-SG

Beasley-SF

Bosh-PF

Steve Harnden-C

Yikes...

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Ja Adande - Still hear Miami, but source says it changes every half hour." If LeBron does return to Cleveland it would be for 3-year deal.

How can it be changing if it's still Miami?

No one has any clue. LeBron's posse is playing games, and has been all along.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
PG eh? That is actually a brilliant idea by Riley. Been saying it will come down to Chicago, Cleveland or Miami. If he chooses Miami, then him playing PG would be incredible to watch.

James-PG

Wade-SG

Beasley-SF

Bosh-PF

Steve Harnden-C

Yikes...

I refuse to sign unless Bosh plays center. F*ck you, Pat Riley!

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
You are being quite ridiculous. No small forward gets 46% of their shots in the basket area, not even Lebron. If you want to argue that an elite power forward in recent years plays more like a SF, it's clearly Dirk or Garnett since neither of them have been over 30% in the basket area in recent years. You're basically trying to penalize him for being a more versatile offensive player.

dirk is a traditional European player, he is white, he doesn't have the athleticism, i have nothing to say to that. Garnett plays like a small forward on offense, but is an excellent defensive big man, while bosh does neither.

there is no point of going further here. just make a list to yourself the attributes of a big man, and the attributes of a small forward, and ask yourself if bosh's attribute fits a small forward more than a big man.

Isnt Jay-Z the owner of the Nets?

Why would he ever buy season tickets to the Heat games?

Ive never even heard of Jay having any connection to Miami.

Furthermore, does he really need to have season tickets? Wont they just bring down 2 seats if he and beyonce showed up?

I refuse to believe one of the most ego centric players in the NBA would sit down and orchestrate a move that makes him look like D Wade's lapdog. I just dont see him wanting to be in the same position as superstars who are usually past their prime when they go to teams just to win a title as a role player.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
HEY LOOK A SOURCE SAID IT

Imma start a website called What little do they know.com..l2ms

6:31 PM Jul 2nd via ÜberTwitter

remember this post from wade not so long ago.....makes me believe that source a little bit more.....l2ms? lebron to miami soon?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
Isnt Jay-Z the owner of the Nets?

Why would he ever buy season tickets to the Heat games?

Ive never even heard of Jay having any connection to Miami.

Furthermore, does he really need to have season tickets? Wont they just bring down 2 seats if he and beyonce showed up?

Jay z makes money, dude probably realizes it was a good investment. Jay Z is the Warren Buffet of our times.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
Who likes two week old sources? Don't they smell bad?

It goes by what LeBron's posse "leaks" on a daily basis. Whatever you are hearing right now, it won't be, because they want the HUGE reveal.

Throughout late May into Early June, he was headed to Chicago.

Monday and Tuesday there was NO WAY he was leaving Cleveland!!! WOOHOO

Yesterday, it was all about New York. Those lights will inspire you!

Late last night into today he took a fictional flight to Miami to meet with Pat Riley, and now he's headed there.

He's going back to Cleveland.