NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
miami is gonna be his destination, ive convinced myself

BronBron is terrified and nervous according to what ive read from people who are reporting from wherever he is right now, bball camp or w/e

Cleveland is gonna fall off the map

he is terrified!?!! he doesn't have to be. i would love to read your source lol

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
remember this post from wade not so long ago.....makes me believe that source a little bit more.....l2ms? lebron to miami soon?

He was laughing 2 himself.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
remember this post from wade not so long ago.....makes me believe that source a little bit more.....l2ms? lebron to miami soon?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/iphone/#define?term=L2MS

"An abbreviation of "Laughing to myself" created by NBA Superstar Dwyane Wade on his Twitter page."

I agree with some of you that, even with all these media reports for Miami, he'll select Cleveland.

I've long past considered the Bulls, but I figure awesome things will happen in both scenarios: if he remains in Cleveland the media looks ridiculous, and we atleast have a higher percentage chance of competing in the East; but if he leaves, we can watch Cleveland fans cry, and if nothing else Miami will be fun to watch. There's really no hope for the Bulls, though.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)

Heads already said that a WHILE back and I called him a genius on it. He was half kidding, but it looks like he was right all along.

Ima head out though, but I will be watching this. If we get James or James goes to Miami, I will either put my excitement on, or rip Steve and the little dignity he has left to shreds. If he goes to Cleveland or New York, I'll just come back on at 10 pm or so.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
It goes by what LeBron's posse "leaks" on a daily basis.

Way too much posse leakage for my taste.

I wouldn't be shocked if he chose Cleveland. Every sign in the world points to Miami, but I expect Cleveland until it's actual over.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
dirk is a traditional European player, he is white, he doesn't have the athleticism, i have nothing to say to that. Garnett plays like a small forward on offense, but is an excellent defensive big man, while bosh does neither.

there is no point of going further here. just make a list to yourself the attributes of a big man, and the attributes of a small forward, and ask yourself if bosh's attribute fits a small forward more than a big man.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the guy averaging 20-9 on his career while shooting 49% from the floor is a big man. How many small forwards that aren't named Larry Bird or Elgin Baylor have ever put up a line like that? Maybe a few other combo forwards like Marion or Wallace, but they both play/played inside a lot.

He doesn't shoot 3's, he doesn't defend perimeter players (and probably shouldn't outside of a switch on a pick and roll), he starts his drives from the high post (not at the top of the arc or on the wings like a perimeter player), well over 40% of his attempts come in the basket area, which you can only say about like 4 perimeter players (all of which have no shooting ability), and he draws 8 FT's a game which is generally reserved for big men or really, really good penetrators (which he's not).

About the only thing in the small forward column is that he's a decent ball-handler for his size and he can shoot mid-range jumpers, but you can say that about a lot of big men. Your team is in deep s*** if he's your starting SF, but he's one of the top-10 big men in the league at PF.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
Yeah I can see Jay-z feeling that buying $40k of season tickets to make $10k is worth the investment and time?

Come on.

He probably bought them for the exact reason you point out - it's nothing to him just to buy them himself so he has them whenever he chooses. $40k is probably easier for him to drop than the phone call he makes to get the tickets from someone else.

The rest he can give away to his pals.

let me get this right, LeDouche changed his tax address to a Chicago address, announcing his free agency plans outside of New York and has rented 6 cabanas at the W in South Beach to celebrate? Sounds like he's staying in Cleveland to me

Source: my facebook status 4 hours ago

if Lebron does choose Miami, then the local TV stations in Cleveland might as well just air the Miami games next year. Hey, the fans will still see Lebron on TV, and they won't know if that's Jermaine O'neal instead of Anderson Varejao. besides, who would want to watch the Cavs if Lebron isn't there.

How many other NBA owners have season tickets to another teams games?

Lets be realistic here, Jay-Z is a pretty visible face of the Nets. Hes not buying season tickets to another team in his conference.

Its not about the money, its about being an owner of 1 team and supporting a competitor.

It would have been like Jay-Z going out and publicly buying albums made by Death Row.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
How many other NBA owners have season tickets to another teams games?

Lets be realistic here, Jay-Z is a pretty visible face of the Nets. Hes not buying season tickets to another team in his conference.

Its not about the money, its about being an owner of 1 team and supporting a competitor.

It would have been like Jay-Z going out and publicly buying albums made by Death Row.

He's a very small minority owner. It's not like he is Jerry Reinsdorf buying tickets to see the Brewers or something.