NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
At this point, I'm happy if it's anyone but Miami.

This. I am one of the few that really like Lebron but if he goes to Miami I will no longer be a fan. I want him to come to the bulls for selfish reasons of course but I still think the best move for him is to stay in Cleveland. I truly believe he will eventually win one there and it would mean a lot more to win one there than to win five in miami with a super team.

Soxbadger Twitter feed year of our savior Lebron 2010

My sources are hearing that if Lebron leaves Cleveland its Chicago or bust.

Benny the Bull planning on changing his name to Lebenny in honor of the singing.

Luvables to be named Lebronables

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
I love hearing Dan Bernstein talk about the LeBron stuff. He is able to place everything in the proper perspective. LeBron to MIA makes everyone change their impression of him in someway.

What he was saying today was exactly what I had been thinking the past few days. I will never understand it if he goes to Miami.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)
What he was saying today was exactly what I had been thinking the past few days. I will never understand it if he goes to Miami.

I still think he's going to Mia, although NYK or Cle wouldn't shock me, but I agree, it makes little sense to me, he automatically took himself out of the running to be a legend like MJ, Magic, etc. by going to Miami

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)

Frankly, I would be impressed if he went to Miami because it means that all he cares about is winning championships. I could do without the ridiculous TV show to announce his decision, but the decision itself would be impressive IMO.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)

I think that is the mistake that you guys are making....thinking that LeBron is as sophisticated in making this decision as he is.

There have been reports that some of the requests and questions he and his team of decision-makers have asked were ridiculous.

I just think their egos are so big that they think no matter what they do, it will be the right decision.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
I think that is the mistake that you guys are making....thinking that LeBron is as sophisticated in making this decision as he is.

There have been reports that some of the requests and questions he and his team of decision-makers have asked were ridiculous.

I just think their egos are so big that they think no matter what they do, it will be the right decision.

good point Bernstein brought up the scuttle from the teams that went to the meetings and basically they said how surprised they were how unprofessional it was.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
I still think he's going to Mia, although NYK or Cle wouldn't shock me, but I agree, it makes little sense to me, he automatically took himself out of the running to be a legend like MJ, Magic, etc. by going to Miami

Exactly. This guy has been hyped since Jr High and he has the chance to become an all time great but instead he would rather go to Wade County and attempt to take the easy way out. Just thinking about it makes me shake my head. A true great wouldnt want to take this route, they would want to make a name for them self and lead a team.

Sorry steve, ace, rowand, willie, but the fake dream is over.

"We're not banking on getting him," Reinsdorf told ESPNChicago.com's Melissa Isaacson. "He certainly has not given us any indication that he's coming here, so we have to assume he's going somewhere else.

"I have to think the team he's going to must know."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5365192

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
The raptors felt the same way you did, and end up finishing last in the league in defense. If you have a big who can't defend, you are forced have another good defensive big man, which the raptors didn't. If they had a better than defensive PF, and put bosh at SF instead of turk, they may fare a lot better on defense, while virtually still getting the same production from bosh.

I agree Bosh is a better PF than Deng. He is more talented thus makes more money.

And lastly, I am gladly you felt the same way I did that Bosh is not a traditional big man and is more of a traditional small forward than anything. :)

Okay I lied.

Bosh at PF isn't their main defensive problem, it's Andrea Bargnani at center. HE is a small forward.

I don't know why you have this thought in your head that anyone would be better off by moving their best rebounder and interior scorer farther away from the basket.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)
Sorry steve, ace, rowand, willie, but the fake dream is over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5365192

No one has any idea. I'm still saying he's going to Cleveland, but if he leaves, he's going to the Bulls.

Oddly enough, out the window is a huge cloud that looks like a penis. That's a sign! LBJ TO CHI-CITY!