NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:24 AM)
Lebron is afraid of MJ. Sure, it's easy to be a wannabe and sport #23. But he's not cold-blodded enough (like Kobe) to challenge Jordan's legacy. Otherwise the Bulls would be the heavy favorites.

Nope, he more wants to be the next Magic.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:17 PM)
Sweet now I can watch Rookie Blue instead, the girl is super hot.

Anyways back to College Basketball for me!

BO RYAN BIATCH

Def on my top 5 fav sports.

Looks like the dispartity is going to get bigger with LBJ in Miami.

Sox, Hawks, Bears, Buckeyes bball and FB

Bulls bball

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
I think that is the mistake that you guys are making....thinking that LeBron is as sophisticated in making this decision as he is.

There have been reports that some of the requests and questions he and his team of decision-makers have asked were ridiculous.

I just think their egos are so big that they think no matter what they do, it will be the right decision.

Well he hasnt done anything official yet but to me it seems so obvious what going to Miami would do to his legacy. I dont understand how a guy with an ego the size of his can go into this situation thinking its the right decision. Im assuming he is getting a lot of bad advice from people who dont care about a legacy. His cronies on Team LeBron wouldnt be affected by his legacy after he is retired. But they would be right there basking in what they consider easy rings in Miami soaking it up. He can piggy back other superstars in a few years if he cant win any rings on his own but if he signs with Miami he officially closes the window on being an all time great at the age of 25. The reason why people put up with this circus now is because for the past couple years weve been just waiting for him to be the next Michael Jordan, almost expecting him to become a legend, but if he goes to Miami he loses that luster. He will be known as the guy from Miami Thrice, not King James anymore. I dunno, maybe we can call him Prince James to King Wade and Queen Bosh. Even if they continue to win he will start to lose relevance and that unique anticipation surrounding him waiting for him to become a King will be gone forever.

Somebody just sent me this.

BREAKING NEWS..APPLE® Is Releasing A SpecialEdition LeBron James ïPhone...The Only Downside To The Phone Is,It Only Vibrates Because It Doesn't Have A "RING"!!-LMAO

ROTFLMAO. That is some funny s***. And so true.

Edited by Jordan4life

I hear that Rock.

Ive probably posted more times in this thread than if you counted all of my posts in all NBA threads in the history of Soxtalk.

In case anyone is looking for a new way to watch basketball, I suggest checking out the Ferocious Badgers of Wisconsin. These guys make Hoosiers look exciting.

But win they do.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)
Sorry steve, ace, rowand, willie, but the fake dream is over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5365192

f*** yeah JR, I love you.

And while Reinsdorf wanted to sign James, he's not conceding any ground in the Eastern Conference.

"Miami will have three great players, but no center, no point guard and no cap room," Reinsdorf said. "I think we'll be better if he comes to us, but I think we'll be a great team without him."

And that was the message Reinsdorf, vice president John Paxson, general manager Gar Forman and coach Tom Thibodeau conveyed to James during their meeting Saturday.

"I opened the meeting saying, 'If it's in the best interest of your family, and for loyalty reasons, you want to stay in Cleveland, you should stay in Cleveland. I am not here to tell you to leave Cleveland, but to let you know that if you decide to leave Cleveland, we're the best place for you to go,'" Reinsdorf said. "I wouldn't even try to talk him into leaving Cleveland, but I would tell him that we're better than New York, New Jersey and Miami.

"If he comes here, we have a great team. If he goes to New York or Miami, we're going to be better than New York or Miami."

And Reinsdorf shot down the notion that a perceived lack of loyalty to former Bulls stars such as Michael Jordan impacted James or other free agents.

"LeBron told us he talked to Michael, and Michael said very positive things about the Bulls and about me," Reinsdorf said. "It's nice to hear, but I've seen Michael many times since he stopped playing, and we have a very cordial relationship. So I wasn't shocked, but I was gratified."

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
I hear that Rock.

Ive probably posted more times in this thread than if you counted all of my posts in all NBA threads in the history of Soxtalk.

In case anyone is looking for a new way to watch basketball, I suggest checking out the Ferocious Badgers of Wisconsin. These guys make Hoosiers look exciting.

But win they do.

We are ever so close to college FB season as well. Cant wait for both.

Oh, and I too love Bo Ryan.

Did we sign and trade for Evan Turner yet?

Edited by RockRaines

This is going to have a negative impact on the NBA. NY, NJ, Cleveland and Chicago are going to be pissed about the outcome. That's a lot of people who won't be at all interested in the game's biggest star. Of course, I'm no NBA guy, so business will be back to normal for me soon.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
Reinsdorf needs to stick to baseball. lol@better than the Heat with Lebron.

Would you rather he said "Well, we are resigned to our fate as irrelevant losers now...Hopefully I will still be alive in 2016."

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
Would you rather he said "Well, we are resigned to our fate as irrelevant losers now...Hopefully I will still be alive in 2016."

He could say that no matter what happens will do whatever we have to do to build a championship team or something. But don't be silly.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
He could say that no matter what happens will do whatever we have to do to build a championship team or something. But don't be silly.

Honestly though, can you be the best team in the NBA with only 3 players?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
Honestly though, can you be the best team in the NBA with only 3 players?

When you have the best player in the league, another guy who is among the top 4 players in the league and a third guy who is among the top 10-15 then yes you can.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:48 AM)
really the biggest scum bag in my mind at the end of this is gonna be Riley...hes gonna boot Spoelstra out of his job likely

Yep, it'll be Stan Van Gundy all over again.