NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:49 AM)
ESPN said they only avg 40 pts between the 3 of them in the olympics....yes i know it's the olympics but still

Well consider the other guys on that team such as Kobe etc.

Those 3, should average around 25PPG as a minimum (except for maybe Bosh) if they all ended up with Miami.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
Well consider the other guys on that team such as Kobe etc.

Those 3, should average around 25PPG as a minimum (except for maybe Bosh) if they all ended up with Miami.

I would guess their averages are going to be lower than we think because they'd probably rest a lot during blowouts. The most recent example is the Celtics, where their big three combined for 105 minutes and 56 points.

The Celtics had a few competent backups, so if I had to guess, I would put it at 110 minutes combined and 65-70 points.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:53 AM)
I would guess their averages are going to be lower than we think because they'd probably rest a lot during blowouts. The most recent example is the Celtics, where their big three combined for 105 minutes and 56 points.

The Celtics had a few competent backups, so if I had to guess, I would put it at 108 minutes combined and 65-70 points.

And the key thing in your post there is blowouts.

I don't see how this team can't win 65 games minimum with Lebron on their team, considering that's what he's done in Cleveland with a weak supporting cast.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Simmons: Only certainty tonight: LeBron's entourage shattering the record for "most black people ever in Greenwich at the same time."

So The Nation of Domination (wrestling group) never ate at Vince McMahon's house?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
And the key thing in your post there is blowouts.

I don't see how this team can't win 65 games minimum with Lebron on their team, considering that's what he's done in Cleveland with a weak supporting cast.

65 might be A LITTLE much, especially before we know who is their starting center. They need SOMEONE with some size as Bosh at center is less than ideal.

It's hilarious reading through NYKs Real GM forum. These fans are just dilusional at this point. If all anyone has to insist he's going somewhere aside from Cleveland or Miami is this concept of a "smokescreen for an M Knight twist on ESPN," you're just grasping for anything to prolong hope. I do not believe everyone, inclunding Reinsy or D'Antoni in New York, is in on it. Everyone is just looking for these small clues, when in reality, the writing lately has been all-Miami. We may be misled, but I don't think so; too many signs.

Im amazed people would hand the Heat the east before they see the final roster. Granted they dont have much time left but the Celtics are a very good team and they actually would match up with Miami very tightly. The Heat still dont have a big body and Bosh wont be able to handle KG at the 4. Boston plays great d also and have an emerging star in Rondo. It seems great on paper now but you are playing with fire banking on 3 players to win you games on their own for an entire season. It takes one injury to devastate that team.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 07:06 PM)
Im amazed people would hand the Heat the east before they see the final roster. Granted they dont have much time left but the Celtics are a very good team and they actually would match up with Miami very tightly. The Heat still dont have a big body and Bosh wont be able to handle KG at the 4. Boston plays great d also and have an emerging star in Rondo. It seems great on paper now but you are playing with fire banking on 3 players to win you games on their own for an entire season. It takes one injury to devastate that team.

I agree with you to an extent, but I think the bigger issue is who guards Rondo. Perkins stinks on offense and Garnett might be on one leg by the end of next season. He's also been more of a jump-shooter for a while now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
So he's going to tell teams right before he goes on air.

Riley is in Miami and not at the site of the decision.

I'd ask for a source, but does it matter?

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 07:06 PM)

How is that different than any other team? The Lakers aren't winning a title if Gasol or Bryant go down, Magic with Howard, any of Rondo, Allen, Pierce or Garnett for the Celtics, the Bulls wouldn't be worth a damn without Rose, etc.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
KCJHoop RT @gregcote: #Heat LeBron-to-Miami may not be happening. Heat has canceled a full-page welcome ad in The Miami Herald. I'm serious.

Playing us like a fiddle.