NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
Nah an ad could have been, come see the hottest threesome in Miami

How does contract status change that?

Only way is if Wade/Bosh/Lebron all cant work

Yeah I guess you are right. And in any event, any ad with Wade and Bosh probably would have been run by their people today because of their status.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
So all this for Lebron to ultimately go back to Cleveland? They've got the same roster that got bamboozled by a decrepit Celtics team. What was the point?

Chicago or New York?

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
Yes it could make sense. The ad could have said something about the Bosh and Wade deals that wasn't going to be accurate by tomorrow morning.

I dont think the AD was mentioning numbers but more of a welcome to Miami to the three. Saying you pulled it because Wade and Bosh havent signed is funny considering LeBron hasnt even announced hes going to Miami yet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Yeah, normally teams welcome players in ADVERTISEMENTS by throwing the figures up there.

It doesn't have to be figures. I don't know what it could be, but the language could just be wrong.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
So comical that anyone believed LBJ, the KING, the f***ing pariah, the god damn guy who has the balls to go on ESPN for a 1 hour special to announce what team he is signing with... would go to Wade-County and lap up D-Wade's baby juice.

100% agree. On one side you got a guy with a 1 hour infomercial and on the other side you have a guy wearing Miami Wade County all over the place.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 07:36 PM)
As did Chris Broussard...

AND DON'T FORGET STEPHEN A. SMITH.

Best comment of the night was this from Broussard (I'm paraphrasing here as i dont remember the exact words) - "Nothing has come out of LeBron's inner circle since Tuesday. But my sources tell me he's going to Miami." So, no one who KNOWS has said anything, but other "sources" who dont know are saying he is.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
Maybe the ad said

"The King and his court" and Wade got pissed that he wasnt top dog, and then they changed it and Lebron got pissed and now hes going to sign with Ohio State and play for Thad Matta.

CANT BEAT THAT TWEET!!!!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
Best comment of the night was this from Broussard (I'm paraphrasing here as i dont remember the exact words) - "Nothing has come out of LeBron's inner circle since Tuesday. But my sources tell me he's going to Miami." So, no one who KNOWS has said anything, but other "sources" who dont know are saying he is.

Why is everyone all the sudden repeating what I've been saying for the last two days in regards to the Miami bulls***. It was all a plant for LeBron's REVEAL.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
Why is everyone all the sudden repeating what I've been saying for the last two days in regards to the Miami bulls***. It was all a plant for LeBron's REVEAL.

What was funny was that Broussard contradicted himself in the same sentence and didnt seem to know it!

If LeBron picks Miami, I sure hope he doesn't say, "To Cleveland ... who knows? I could always finish my career there."

That would be sooo egotistical and awful.

I still say if he snubs Cleveland, it was dumb to do on an hour-long TV extravaganza.

If he was picking Cleveland, it'd be fine.

Really insensitive to f*** that city over on TV like that.

Bron should just tell the truth and say he picked Miami cause of the chicks and it's best party town in the league.

Edited by greg775