NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
Ok.

A guy who shoots 41% on the floor on mostly open jump shots is not a good shooter and while Hinrich tries hard and is a good defender he is far from a lock down defender and that is what it takes for me to consider someone great on that end of the floor.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
Ha, really?

Yes. He hates LeBron and thinks he's a choker who can't do anything and thinks Bosh is only good on bad teams.

He thinks only Wade would lead them to the promised land, even after Wade slammed the Bulls.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
I would say something. But I don't want to diss your brother.

I've probably said it to him...he also wanted to keep JD over Rios (trade for a rock!) and sign Pods to the $7M deal.

It's sad, he used to be sport smart, but as he used to tell me when I was little "Don't fall in love with players."

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
A guy who shoots 41% on the floor on mostly open jump shots is not a good shooter and while Hinrich tries hard and is a good defender he is far from a lock down defender and that is what it takes for me to consider someone great on that end of the floor.

Perhaps "streaky" is a better adjective, but I still think he's a good shooter. And name 5 "lock-down" defenders in the NBA now-a-days. It doesn't exist.

What the f*** is this s***?

Magic May Be Near Deal For Chris Paul

Orlando Would Send Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson To New Orleans

POSTED: Thursday, June 24, 2010

UPDATED: 9:19 pm EDT June 24, 2010

New Magic Logo

ORLANDO, Fla. -- It is draft night in the NBA, and it seems the Orlando Magic are in the mood to make a deal.

Rumors of New Orleans point guard Chris Paul coming to Orlando for Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson seem to be more real than the Magic are saying.

http://www.clickorlando.com/magic/24029691/detail.html

This is some serious bad news for the eastern conference. A healthy Chris Paul and Howard?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
I'd still take LeBron-Rose-Bosh-Noah

Well yeah. But I'm certainly not counting chickens yet. Hopefully that report is bulls***. That's a scary f***ing thought. The Hornets could certainly do better than a washed up Vince and good but hardly great PG for arguably the best all-around PG in the game when healthy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
Well yeah. But I'm certainly not counting chickens yet. Hopefully that report is bulls***. That's a scary f***ing thought. The Hornets could certainly do better than a washed up Vince and good but hardly great PG for arguably the best all-around PG in the game when healthy.

I'm still bracing myself for a Johnson/Boozer combo. I just don't have enough faith.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
How does that make any sense for the Hornets?

It doesn't make any sense. But I don't see this "rumor" being discussed or even mentioned on any of the other major sports sites. I just ran into that article over at realgm. Just the thought of Howard/Paul on the same team made me s*** myself.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 03:02 AM)
It doesn't make any sense. But I don't see this "rumor" being discussed or even mentioned on any of the other major sports sites. I just ran into that article over at realgm. Just the thought of Howard/Paul on the same team made me s*** myself.

It doesn't make basketball sense; it makes $$$ sense.

Chris Paul costs $15M/year for the next 3 and New Orleans can't sustain a franchise even with him. The Hornets' owner is cheap enough to drop his franchise player to save some bucks.

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

The Hinrich trade off-setted the Byfuglien loss from my end tremendously (though the same friend who loved Byfuglien yesterday liked Hinrich alot too :lol: so he's having a bad week) One of the top 10 most happiest days of my life as far as sports in Chicago. Peace Kirk!

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
The Hinrich trade off-setted the Byfuglien loss from my end tremendously (though the same friend who loved Byfuglien yesterday liked Hinrich alot too :lol: so he's having a bad week) One of the top 10 most happiest days of my life as far as sports in Chicago. Peace Kirk!

I won't be happy or sad until Free Agency is resolved.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
I won't be happy or sad until Free Agency is resolved.

If LeBron signs, that is top 3 for me behind only the Bulls and Sox championships. (1 behind the Hawks title since I'm a bigger NBA fan and wasn't alive for the Bears one)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
What the f*** is this s***?

http://www.clickorlando.com/magic/24029691/detail.html

This is some serious bad news for the eastern conference. A healthy Chris Paul and Howard?

I could see Collison... but Paul?! Hornets would be one of the stupidest franchises to do this (way worse than the Gasol rape LA gave to Memphis) For the record, Chris Paul is the only PG I would trade Rose straight up for. People forget how incredible he was prior to the injury. (and D-Will is the best right now... till Paul reclaims that title back this comming season which won't be hard for him)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
If LeBron signs, that is top 3 for me behind only the Bulls and Sox championships. (1 behind the Hawks title since I'm a bigger NBA fan and wasn't alive for the Bears one)

This is getting out of hand. Championships > Free Agent Signings no matter the sport. Signing Lebron guarantees us nothing except a playoff birth.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
This is getting out of hand. Championships > Free Agent Signings no matter the sport. Signing Lebron guarantees us nothing except a playoff birth.

How is that out of hand?

If you LOVE the Bulls and are just a decent Hawks fan it makes sense