NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
This is getting out of hand. Championships > Free Agent Signings no matter the sport. Signing Lebron guarantees us nothing except a playoff birth.

I'm sure anyone here who doesn't give a s*** about hockey disagrees with that, but I still think we will be instant contenders and probable champions with LeBron. Not a doubt in my mind at all. But that of course is up to the Bulls front office who I'll admit still do not have full confidence in though they are slowly trying to win me back.

I think all the Bulls previous Free Agency failures have made me weary. When we signed Ben Wallace, I thought we were on our way. Obviously that is not even in the same galaxy as signing Lebron.

But what if we strike out? What if we end up with David Lee or something?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
It doesn't make basketball sense; it makes $$$ sense.

Chris Paul costs $15M/year for the next 3 and New Orleans can't sustain a franchise even with him. The Hornets' owner is cheap enough to drop his franchise player to save some bucks.

Oh come on. I'll concede that I certainly don't know anything about the Hornets' financial situation. But it certainly can't be THAT bad that they're trying to trade the face of the franchise and top 5 (at worst top 10) player in the game who happens to be a whopping 25-years old to save a few dollars. But like I said earlier, I've heard or seen nothing outside of that article that suggests this is even a remotely accurate rumor.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
Oh come on. I'll concede that I certainly don't know anything about the Hornets' financial situation. But it certainly can't be THAT bad that they're trying to trade the face of the franchise and top 5 (at worst top 10) player in the game who happens to be a whopping 25-years old to save a few dollars. But like I said earlier, I've heard or seen nothing outside of that article that suggests this is even a remotely accurate rumor.

It's just an Orlando website trying to get hits.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
I think all the Bulls previous Free Agency failures have made me weary. When we signed Ben Wallace, I thought we were on our way. Obviously that is not even in the same galaxy as signing Lebron.

There's no way the Bulls strike out. Stop being paranoid. Their combination of talent, cash, and market is well above any of the other teams. It really is the perfect situation to come into. It can't get any better. It's a question of which one(s) sign not if any sign.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 12:26 AM)
There's no way the Bulls strike out. Stop being paranoid. Their combination of talent, cash, and market is well above any of the other teams. It really is the perfect situation to come into. It can't get any better. It's a question of which one(s) sign not if any sign.

No LeBron or Bosh=Strikeout.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)

Stop being so negative and just enjoy the ride, until they actually strike out

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:02 AM)
Stop being so negative and just enjoy the ride, until they actually strike out

Eh it's not like the actual season when your team is on a winning streak and you can actually enjoy the moment. There's really nothing to enjoy, it's all speculation and waiting and I just want these next few weeks to come and go so we can get on with this.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:08 AM)
Eh it's not like the actual season when your team is on a winning streak and you can actually enjoy the moment.

s*** says you. Kirk f***ing Hinrich got traded. I might have to buy champagne to celebrate this. Don't take this away from me Rowand! :D

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:08 AM)
Eh it's not like the actual season when your team is on a winning streak and you can actually enjoy the moment. There's really nothing to enjoy, it's all speculation and waiting and I just want these next few weeks to come and go so we can get on with this.

Yes but thinking about Lebron, Bosh, and Rose on the same team is a lot more fun then expecting us to strike out.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:29 AM)
Yes but thinking about Lebron, Bosh, and Rose on the same team is a lot more fun then expecting us to strike out.

What kinda s*** is that? That's like me thinking about a 3-some with Ugly Betty and Sophia Bush because they happen to be in the same state. It's just a tease and torture unless it actually happens.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)
What kinda s*** is that? That's like me thinking about a 3-some with Ugly Betty and Sophia Bush because they happen to be in the same state. It's just a tease and torture unless it actually happens.

Yep, I've been doing it for the past month or two now. I've basically 100% convinced myself its going to happen. I will be absolutely devastated if we do not get at least one of them. But its a lot better then making everyone of my post were going to strike out and expecting it everyday.

Edit: I'm just a positive person, and would rather be positive then negative on any subject.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)

But when it does happen, the excitement will be everywhere.

(Yes, that was innuendo)

Screw you Bulls, screw you.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,3403018.story

A league source said the Bulls have held internal discussions about bringing back free agent Chris Duhon as a third guard.

Not so much do I dislike Duhon, I actually really like. I'm just bitter about losing both BG and Kirk because of Deng's contract the past two years...and thats how I see it too as I have never liked Deng or his contract, yet Kirk was my favorite player and BG was my second favorite until Noah was drafted, and then, they were still 2 and 3.

Don't get me wrong, when the Bulls get LeBron + Bosh, it'll make it better, but if there is one man I never want to see wear a Bulls uniform again is Luol Deng. If anyone should still be around as a link to the Bulls revival, it should be Ben or Kirk, not Deng who has complained about being second fiddle to Rose & Noah and not liking how they don't pad his stats.

Now that I got that out, who's captain next year? I think it will be Noah.

Official reason Kirk was awesome? This is under his likes on his Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pag...se/302024092833

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
This is getting out of hand. Championships > Free Agent Signings no matter the sport. Signing Lebron guarantees us nothing except a playoff birth.

If the Cubs won the World Series, would that be one of the greatest sports moment of your life? They're a Chicago team afterall.

Personally for me, the Hawks winning the Stanley Cup is a top ten sports moment but it's not a top five.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 05:07 AM)
Screw you Bulls, screw you.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,3403018.story

Not so much do I dislike Duhon, I actually really like. I'm just bitter about losing both BG and Kirk because of Deng's contract the past two years...and thats how I see it too as I have never liked Deng or his contract, yet Kirk was my favorite player and BG was my second favorite until Noah was drafted, and then, they were still 2 and 3.

Don't get me wrong, when the Bulls get LeBron + Bosh, it'll make it better, but if there is one man I never want to see wear a Bulls uniform again is Luol Deng. If anyone should still be around as a link to the Bulls revival, it should be Ben or Kirk, not Deng who has complained about being second fiddle to Rose & Noah and not liking how they don't pad his stats.

Now that I got that out, who's captain next year? I think it will be Noah.

Official reason Kirk was awesome? This is under his likes on his Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pag...se/302024092833

You realize BG was offered the same contract as Deng, and if he wasn't an idiot and took it, the franchise would be crippled right now.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)
You realize BG was offered the same contract as Deng, and if he wasn't an idiot and took it, the franchise would be crippled right now.

Are you sure about that? I'm almost certain BG7 was never offered anything like 6/$70 as Deng was, I think they kept the Gordon offer around 5/$55.